The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-14-2015, 07:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
The Princess seems an elegant, delightful woman. I really like her.
I knew nothing about Princess Takamado till yesterday, but I was impressed by her elegance and charm, and I really love her smiling eyes. She seems quite delightful, and I'm going to make a point of finding out more about her now.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Carl Philip and Sofia had a wedding they probably had wished, but there was no class during the whole day. We will see what the future brings to them.
I know that you don't approve of Sofia, but "no class during the whole day"? Did we watch the same wedding? I think it was a great show. We might have different opinions on some of the details, but no class? The whole thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
Did Sofia wear a second dress during the party?
I thought it looked like she removed the lace sleeves from the dress, but i think it's the same dress. Maybe someone has better photos to compare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
the pictures say it all for me
http://gfx2.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image.../bildextra.jpg
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/.../1200+(16).jpg
thankfully at least some members of the srf didn't show themselves in such embarrassment.
Well, I think it's safe to say that pictures of happy royals acting just as anyone would do at a Swedish wedding is boosting the monarchy here, not making it less popular.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
They are wearing the court dresses which have been used since 1988
Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke, First Lady of the Court, the head of The Queen's Household
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Karolin A. Johansson, Marshal of the Court, the head of the The Crown Princess's household
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Also the queen's ladies-in-waiting use the court dresses at the big events.
I wondered if that was the case. Thank you!
Old 06-14-2015, 07:56 AM
Gentry

Ida Sjöstedt who made the wedding dress also make a dress to Princess Sofia she could dance in....Ida said that on Swedish television this morning.....So it was 2 diffrent dresses she wore
Old 06-14-2015, 08:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie45se View Post
Ida Sjöstedt who made the wedding dress also make a dress to Princess Sofia she could dance in....Ida said that on Swedish television this morning.....So it was 2 diffrent dresses she wore
Thanks! I thought it might be removable sleeves, but I was wrong. Didn't watch the morning TV :)
Old 06-14-2015, 08:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
the pictures say it all for me
Does it not occur to you, that these are Human Beings ? Releasing tension after a long, FORMAL occasion ? Princess Sofia [in particular] had the usual pressure undertaken by a Bride, but with 'knobs on', meeting a myriad of unfamiliar GRAND personages, in a setting that cannot be anything less than intimidating. Evening parties [after a wedding] are, in my experience, invariably an opportunity for 'letting off steam' after the formality of the ceremony and greeting of guests. Perhaps it is different in Germany ?
Old 06-14-2015, 08:08 AM
Serene Highness

I think its fine that members of the RF let their hair down, they are a family celebrating a happy day just like any other family after all. However maybe they should try harder not to be photographed like this, after all if they are just like us (singing long to Madonna and all) why have them? (some might say)
Old 06-14-2015, 08:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
The couple look happy. She looked lovely, but the pictures from the window during the dance (where she is waving to people outside) just leaves a poor impression IMO. It just reeks of "I'm better than you now -whoooo hoooo!!".
Indeed, those Windows pictures show i all, I don't really like Sofia, and those pictures really show the impression that "i'am the best now...", she is in a royal family ans she must act like a member of the swedish royal family....I don't trust her a bit....my opinion....
Old 06-14-2015, 08:19 AM
Majesty

A BB gallery with various details: GALLERI: Detaljer fra prins Carl Philip og prinsesse Sofias store dag | Billed Bladet

I.e. decorations, flowers, wedding tiara.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post

Indeed, those Windows pictures show i all, I don't really like Sofia, and those pictures really show the impression that "i'am the best now...", she is in a royal family ans she must act like a member of the swedish royal family....I don't trust her a bit....my opinion....
Seriously. Everyone. It was their wedding day.

Not everyone likes Sofia. We all know this. But why not put that aside for one day and actually be nice when it's their wedding? How hard can that be?
Old 06-14-2015, 08:30 AM
Nobility

Rex:
Editorial Photos, Celebrity, News, & Sports Images | Rex
Old 06-14-2015, 08:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I think there is nothing wrong with the window pictures.

Maybe all the excitement of Sofia, Carl Philip and the rest of the family had decreased and now they are now partying. Maybe Sofia wanted to take a look out of the window.

For me yesterday was an absolute happy day for the couple. It had its own signature. The wedding service was traditional with modern impacts.

Hats up for Princess Madeleine. At this late stage of a pregnancy it must have been difficult to get through the day.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:46 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Prinsbröllopet | SVT Play

VIDEO: Nearly (10) hours of footage from the WEDDING. [Not sure how long the Link will last for]??

Sofia Hellqvist weds Prince Carl Philip in Sweden royal wedding | Daily Mail Online

Hair / Flowers / Make-up Artist = 10 out of 10!

Princess Sofia, looked wonderful! For someone who was not born Royal, she did amazingly well. It was all very polished and professional. The Dress was just beautiful. My favourite stones are EMERALDS, so that was an added bonus for me!

=======================================================

I was wondering about;

LUXEMBOURG / MONACO / SPAIN representatives?
Thank you for the link.

I noticed Queen Magrethe at 1: 37:32, she was holding herself on the chair.
She has grown old. But she's such a remarkable woman. I'm so not ready for Frederik and Mary.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

The wedding was wonderful and the royals and guest really enjoyed themselves.

The royals usually express love, family and friendship at events like this and probably could care less what others think of them and how they personally express themselves. For me, it's disappointing to read some of the impossible imaginations and expectations people have of royalty. Some people have these fantasy images in their heads of a stiff, formal, starchy and prefect royal family and -historically speaking- royalty has never been that way. If that's the royal family one wants, I would suggest one to ready a few children's books and watch some fantasy cartoons. You're not going to get that in real life though.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-14-2015, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Very last glittering royal wedding of this generation ! I enjoyed until the Waltz.
It was a beautiful Royal Modern Wedding.

Always glad to see the 4 Haga Princesses. They wore when they were young long black dresses with hermine and lace veil ...

The Wessex were lost between the joyful swedish high Society , lucky there was a Princess of Japan to walk with.

The next ones, Children of Monarchs to marry are Princess Charlotte and Prince Sebastien of Lxembourg.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:51 AM
Commoner

Quote:
I totally agree, the whole day was one big disappointment.
To me these weddings were not at all disappointment. Very beautiful bride, with perfect dress, hair, make up and tiara. Handsome groom. Both up to head in love. Wedding seremony and party made just to look them. I myself love when weddings can be seen to be so personal. People crying when seremony was so emotional and beautiful. Everybody stationary seemed to be very much touched and happy, including royal family. I loved the end at church when 500 people were claping their hands with joyfull gospel music. Beautiful and touching speeches later.

Maybe we have been looking at different weddings LadyFinn.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
The Wessex were lost between the joyful swedish high Society , lucky there was a Princess of Japan to walk with.
??
I very much doubt, that the Wessex couple were the least bit lost...
Having attended so many European weddings and other events, they must know all pretty well. There have been many photos of them interacting warmly with others.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:58 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree the wessex couple is veteran now the royal weddings.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent

I have to confess that the whole ceremony was emotional.. Especially when the bride made her entrance. I almost got into tears. To me the musics were absolutely beautiful, more than any other wedding I watched. That said, for once Sofia looked sincere, even her usual camera-seeking look was a little softer...I honestly liked the final gospel musics but that encouragment to clap hands was tacky and totaly uneccessary...
This is what I saw, I cannot comment on the speech at the balcony and the dinner, because I didn't watch it.
A fact that rwally bothered me was that tattoo: for God's sake, she could have hidden it in some way!

Glad she wore a new tiara and not the Cameo. I would have considered it a slap in the face of Victoria.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Very last glittering royal wedding of this generation ! I enjoyed until the Waltz.
It was a beautiful Royal Modern Wedding.

Always glad to see the 4 Haga Princesses. They wore when they were young long black dresses with hermine and lace veil ...

The next ones, Children of Monarchs to marry are Princess Charlotte and Prince Sebastien of Lxembourg.
I guess you mean Princess Alexandra of Luxemburg.

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, sweden, wedding