The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-13-2015, 11:44 PM
Courtier

One of them was Baroness Christina von Schwerin, Lady-in-waiting to The Queen wearing the Swedish Court dress worn by ladies holding prominent positions at Court.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Noticably absent from the wedding was Countess Gunnila Bernadotte af Wisborg and Mistress of the robes, Countess Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister with her husband Count Hans-Gabriel. Being of a very advanced age all three I guess they bowed out because of age.

Oops wrong thread!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 06-14-2015, 12:28 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Yes I noticed that. It really is most unfortunate the people insist on copying Catherine, I mean all they have to do is not wear a white dress with lace, and of course, a veil and tiara, and really, did she have to copy the flowers as well?

All brides have to do is wear anything other than any shade of white . . . black's looking good, but watch out for the lace and flowers are a difinite no, no!

Well, I can't help but noticed the similarity of the dress. of course, Sofia's dress was different than Kate's, and I have to admit that Sofia looked beautiful on that dress.

love Queen Maxima's dress. btw, does anyone know why there was no representative from Spanish and Luxembourg royal family on the wedding?

Old 06-14-2015, 12:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Just looking on FB at some of the wedding dinner pics....they look so happy...may they always be happy!

LaRae
Old 06-14-2015, 01:03 AM
Royal Highness

They look like a very happy couple- best wishes to them!

Both little princesses were too cute at the wedding today. Princess Estelle has always seemed to be a friendly, happy, easy-going little girl, and always very well-behaved. With her haircut, she has really changed from looking like a toddler to looking like a child- and is cute at both stages! Princess Leonore is very sweet as well, and she seems to be VERY loved by her parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles, as I'm sure her cousin is and as her younger sibling will be. The Swedish royals seem to be very "kid-friendly" and encourage taking the royal children to public and royal events.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:20 AM
Serene Highness

It was a wonderful wedding! The couple shined in happiness. It was sooo nice to see.
Also that there were a lot of differences at this wedding in comparison with the weddings of CP Victoria and Madeleine. So it was truely THEIR wedding.
Great!
BYe Bine
Old 06-14-2015, 01:34 AM
Serene Highness

Just watch the the wedding and it was definitely their day. The bride and groom loved the entire event which is as it should be. They were happy and loving. Guests seemed to have fun and enjoy. I actually didn't care too much about all the guests, just so enjoyed those two. Bride looked lovely, groom handsome. I didn't care what anyone else was wearing. It was entirely their day and they all knew it. No one could over shadow them and they shouldn't try on that special day. Hope they continue to stay happy and God is good to them. Can't say I over thought much about them before, but today I thought I had never seen such a happy couple who seemed to care less about anything else but their special love. CUTE. Did my heart good.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
They look like a very happy couple- best wishes to them!

Both little princesses were too cute at the wedding today. Princess Estelle has always seemed to be a friendly, happy, easy-going little girl, and always very well-behaved. With her haircut, she has really changed from looking like a toddler to looking like a child - and is cute at both stages! Princess Leonore is very sweet as well, and she seems to be VERY loved by her parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles, as I'm sure her cousin is and as her younger sibling will be. The Swedish royals seem to be very "kid-friendly" and encourage taking the royal children to public and royal events.
I agree with you, acdc1. With this caveat: Lenore seems to be a bit more active. Just as Chris and Madeleine were at the beginning of their walk to the church, Lenore made the classic attempt to get down from her father's arms to go exploring. Those legs were going.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:45 AM
Gentry

one of the best moments for me, when Prince Carl Philip hugging his two sisters

https://33.media.tumblr.com/6e08808e...vh9jo3_540.gif

https://33.media.tumblr.com/d5907c30...vh9jo2_540.gif

https://33.media.tumblr.com/1b27d59b...vh9jo4_540.gif
Old 06-14-2015, 02:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
Did anyone else notice two women wearing the exact same dress? It was navy velvet with short poofy sleeves that had white lattice work on them. One woman was wearing a tiara and a couple medals or orders, and was older and a little heavier. The other one was younger and thinner than the first, I don't think she was wearing a tiara, and maybe one medal/order. Any idea who they were?
They are wearing the court dresses which have been used since 1988
Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke, First Lady of the Court, the head of The Queen's Household
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Karolin A. Johansson, Marshal of the Court, the head of the The Crown Princess's household
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Also the queen's ladies-in-waiting use the court dresses at the big events.

Sofia had changed her dress, she was at the Palace window early in the morning.
http://media.shootitlive.com/LVLalya...tonbladet/3664
http://media.shootitlive.com/9na6Lqn...expressen/1940
http://media.shootitlive.com/XBpoQrM...expressen/1940
http://media.shootitlive.com/EWM7apd...expressen/1940
http://media.shootitlive.com/NlPJj4z...expressen/1940

The official wedding photos, by photographer Mattias Edwall.
De officiella bröllopsbilderna - Sveriges Kungahus
HQ photos
Pressbilder Aktuella händelser - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

The colouring and the light background are a really bad combination.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The official wedding photos, by photographer Mattias Edwall.
De officiella bröllopsbilderna - Sveriges Kungahus
Pressbilder Aktuella händelser - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

The colouring and the light background are a really bad combination.
the background is terrible. victoria cant even bring herself to a smile.

they should have closed the curtains, who wants to see a queen like this.
for me, it was as classless and disappointing as a expected it to be.
http://media.shootitlive.com/98k8Q4e...tonbladet/3664
Old 06-14-2015, 03:22 AM
Royal Highness

Just catching up on the day. It all seemed very nice and they looked very happy. I thought the dress was pretty but nothing exciting. The gospel singing was really weird I can't see what the connection was to either of them. Anyway good luck to them

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 06-14-2015, 03:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
they should have closed the curtains, who wants to see a queen like this.
for me, it was as classless and disappointing as a expected it to be.
http://media.shootitlive.com/98k8Q4e...tonbladet/3664
I totally agree, the whole day was one big disappointment. According to the press, the queen was singing to a "microphone" some Madonna.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:33 AM
Majesty

Good grief...did C-P and SH and their guests literally dance until dawn?? Those photos show Sofia still in her tiara, in the Palace window at daybreak looking no worse for wear. She is going to be one exhausted bride on her honeymoon!

Queen Silvia looked a bit tipsy, LOL!! At least everyone was having a blast.

I think the official wedding photos are quite lovely. They have a "light" look to them, the best Royal wedding photos I've seen in years.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sofia may prove to be the 'hostess with the most-ess'. Stockholm may never be the same.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I totally agree, the whole day was one big disappointment. According to the press, the queen was singing to a "microphone" some Madonna.
No, the wedding was no disappointment, the Scandinavians can display some serious royal grandeur. But in another debate on this forum a poster wrote "The monarchy is tradition, honor, exemplariness, gestures ...". Then seeing Ms Hellqvist -pardon, Princess Sofia of Sweden- splashed out in bikini, on the internet, in internatonial magazines and being described as "Real Life Soap Star and Bikini Model", that makes my loyal royal heart cringe. I am often slashed on this board for being oldfashioned in my desire that royals should go for the longer term interests of their monarchy and marry "suitable" partners.

Averyone, from the man in the street to the lady behind her laptop somewhere in Australia sees that it does not matter at all. You were the personal sports instructor of the Crown Princess? Welcome His Royal Highness Prince Daniel of Sweden! You were a bikini model and real life soap actress? Welcome Her Royal Highness Princess Sofia of Sweden! You were an unwed mother with a son from a guy somewhere? Welcome Her Royal Highness Princess Mette-Marit of Norway! You were splashed out on the Spanish TV-screens, day in, day out, reading the news? Welcome Her Majesty The Queen of Spain... suddenly you are no longer a journalist, a sports instructor, a bikini model or a waitress in a bar but a "Royal Highness"....

People start to see that it is all just theatre and that apparently the standards of what was once seen as "an acceptable choice" have immensely lowered. It is clear that the monarchies, delivering heads-of-states some of the world's most developed and modern countries has become more and more a vaudeville, a real life soap opera avant la lettre.

Popularity? Queen Mathilde of the Belgians, her mother a Countess Komorowska, her sister a Marchioness Pallavicini, her another sister a Baroness Janssen and her brother a Count d'Udekem d'Acoz, all firmly rooted in the aristocracy, hits all popularity polls as the most beloved royal in Belgium. So being from a traditonal backgroud is not at all a hindrance. Look at Lady Diana Spencer, a deeply blue-blooded lady dubbed "The People's Princess". I think people somehow deep inside will see a Lady Spencer, a Countess d'Udekem d'Acoz or a Countess de Lannoy as more "suitable material", but tja... we are "democratic" and "politic correct" aren't we? Who claims that a daughter of one of the Grandes, of a Duque there or a Conde there would never be "popular". I bet she could easily outpower the bleak and uninspiring Letizia Ortiz.

Queen Máxima was the star of the day, in a fantastic dress and sporting great Jewels from the Orange-Nassau collection. Still, every time I see her, I can not suppress a feeling: "Girl, you are no royal... you play, you pretend that you are royal." I have exactly the same feeling with Sophia Hellqvist: "Girl, you are standing next to the wrong dude, you can not stand in the shadow of a Sybilla von Sachsen-Coburg, of a Margaret Connaught, of a Victoria von Baden!"

Old 06-14-2015, 04:01 AM
Majesty

Duc, believe it or not I share 99.9% of your views here. But I have to face it and so do you...Royalty as we know and understand it has changed and will never be the same. I don't have a problem with commoners per se...but as someone else has pointed out there are commoners...and then there are COMMONERS.

Quite frankly, my ideas about what a Royal is and what Royalty can and should represent are not shared by most others and I have accepted that.

To many, being Royal now simply means being physically attractive, wearing the most stylish clothes and having the cutest babies. And literally anything goes now as far as who is Royal marriage material 'cause all that's important is LOVE.

In other words, a Royal is no different whatsoever from being a TV or film star. The same yardsticks are used to measure both.

So...I simply follow the 2 or 3 families that I still have a modicum of respect(or at least interest in) and just let the other "Royals" and their fans get on with it.

I'm convinced it's just a matter of time before all of the monarchies are abolished anyway and the Royals will become the butchers, the bakers, and the candlestick makers that they are marrying.

You see it now more and more in the comments section of newspapers whenever these "true love conquers all" Royal weddings take place...."Royal my a__!! These people are just like me!"

And indeed, they are now. So...let's just kick back and try to enjoy these last days of kabuki theater while we still have it, shall we?

It is what it is.
Old 06-14-2015, 04:15 AM
Serene Highness

I really liked the flowers. Those soft coloured roses are very beautiful.

The groom seems a very sweet man. All the faces he made to his bride and family were cute to see.

My favourite dressed guests are the 4 sisters of the couple.

And a new tiara, what a surprise! And with lots of possibilities for variation in the future.
I just don't like the middleparted hairdo of Sofia an Victoria, too harsh.
Old 06-14-2015, 04:22 AM
Courtier

Prinsbröllopet | SVT Play

VIDEO: Nearly (10) hours of footage from the WEDDING. [Not sure how long the Link will last for]??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...es-Europe.html

Hair / Flowers / Make-up Artist = 10 out of 10!

Princess Sofia, looked wonderful! For someone who was not born Royal, she did amazingly well. It was all very polished and professional. The Dress was just beautiful. My favourite stones are EMERALDS, so that was an added bonus for me!

=======================================================

I was wondering about;

LUXEMBOURG / MONACO / SPAIN representatives?
Old 06-14-2015, 04:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
No, the wedding was no disappointment, the Scandinavians can display some serious royal grandeur. But in another debate on this forum a poster wrote "The monarchy is tradition, honor, exemplariness, gestures ...". Then seeing Ms Hellqvist -pardon, Princess Sofia of Sweden- splashed out in bikini, on the internet, in internatonial magazines and being described as "Real Life Soap Star and Bikini Model", that makes my loyal royal heart cringe. I am often slashed on this board for being oldfashioned in my desire that royals should go for the longer term interests of their monarchy and marry "suitable" partners.

Averyone, from the man in the street to the lady behind her laptop somewhere in Australia sees that it does not matter at all. You were the personal sports instructor of the Crown Princess? Welcome His Royal Highness Prince Daniel of Sweden! You were a bikini model and real life soap actress? Welcome Her Royal Highness Princess Sofia of Sweden! You were an unwed mother with a son from a guy somewhere? Welcome Her Royal Highness Princess Mette-Marit of Norway! You were splashed out on the Spanish TV-screens, day in, day out, reading the news? Welcome Her Majesty The Queen of Spain... suddenly you are no longer a journalist, a sports instructor, a bikini model or a waitress in a bar but a "Royal Highness"....

People start to see that it is all just theatre and that apparently the standards of what was once seen as "an acceptable choice" have immensely lowered. It is clear that the monarchies, delivering heads-of-states some of the world's most developed and modern countries has become more and more a vaudeville, a real life soap opera avant la lettre.

Popularity? Queen Mathilde of the Belgians, her mother a Countess Komorowska, her sister a Marchioness Pallavicini, her another sister a Baroness Janssen and her brother a Count d'Udekem d'Acoz, all firmly rooted in the aristocracy, hits all popularity polls as the most beloved royal in Belgium. So being from a traditonal backgroud is not at all a hindrance. Look at Lady Diana Spencer, a deeply blue-blooded lady dubbed "The People's Princess". I think people somehow deep inside will see a Lady Spencer, a Countess d'Udekem d'Acoz or a Countess de Lannoy as more "suitable material", but tja... we are "democratic" and "politic correct" aren't we? Who claims that a daughter of one of the Grandes, of a Duque there or a Conde there would never be "popular". I bet she could easily outpower the bleak and uninspiring Letizia Ortiz.

Queen Máxima was the star of the day, in a fantastic dress and sporting great Jewels from the Orange-Nassau collection. Still, every time I see her, I can not suppress a feeling: "Girl, you are no royal... you play, you pretend that you are royal." I have exactly the same feeling with Sophia Hellqvist: "Girl, you are standing next to the wrong dude, you can not stand in the shadow of a Sybilla von Sachsen-Coburg, of a Margaret Connaught, of a Victoria von Baden!"

The royals can marry commoners and that doesn't take the prestige of the monarchy away. Acting classy and dignified has nothing to do with your background. Among others, the weddings of crown princess Victoria and ceo/gym owner Daniel Westling and the prince of Asturias and the news anchor/journalist Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano showed us, that "common" people can have class. Prince Daniel's parents and sister have during the years showed that they are distinguished people with a lot of class and can act as the relatives of a prince.
Carl Philip and Sofia had a wedding they probably had wished, but there was no class during the whole day. We will see what the future brings to them.
Old 06-14-2015, 04:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The royals can marry commoners and that doesn't take the prestige of the monarchy away. Acting classy and dignified has nothing to do with your background. Among others, the weddings of crown princess Victoria and ceo/gym owner Daniel Westling and the prince of Asturias and the news anchor/journalist Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano showed us, that "common" people can have class. Prince Daniel's parents and sister have during the years showed that they are distinguished people with a lot of class and can act as the relatives of a prince.
Carl Philip and Sofia had a wedding they probably had wished, but there was no class during the whole day. We will see what the future brings to them.
I agree that commoners can definitely have "royal class" (another person that comes to mind is P.Grace of Monaco), some even more than certain "blood royals" (all royal families were at one point commoners themselves, but you know what i mean).
For me this wedding was their personal style and it pretty much was what i had expected it to be but it's clear that they are a perfect match for eachother and for me that's what matters.
Sweden has a very classy heir in CP Victoria (and her family), so my expectations are that they will take on more and more tasks in years to come, and in the future will be a great monarch

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, sweden, wedding