The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-13-2015, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofcelts View Post
will they show anything else from the wedding or it is done?)
It is done. Also SVT has finished the direct.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to Aftonbladet, Avicii has just landed to Arlanda Airport, he comes from the Netherlands to play at the wedding. Aftonbladet tells also that part of the guests are leaving.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
He did In 9 hours and 22 minutes. He started last night at. 7:32 pm and reached the goal line early this morning at. 4:52 am.

That's why I think he sleeps well tonight ;-)
Well... I would pick going by car...

Was he alone or forced some poor bodyguards to follow him?
Old 06-13-2015, 07:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I just saw the part with the song of Princess Sofia. It was so emotional. Well done, Your Royal Highness.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

The live coverage has now finished but the video is still up there and you can watch it all from the beginning.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:21 PM
Nobility

Sorry if this question was already asked and answered, but does anyone know the song that was playing when she made her entrance at the church?
Old 06-13-2015, 08:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
A more personal touch with songs and poetry have been a somewhat standard in the Church of Sweden the last 30-40 years and gospel isn't that uncommon. Many congregations have gospel choirs and use them both in church service and at concerts.
Good points. Carl-Philip and his sisters weddings reflect the current marriage tradition in the Church of Sweden. The bride and groom choses whatever music they want that means something special to them.

And yes, lots of churches here have gospel choirs, so gospel is quite common in swedish churches. I was happy that they chose a gospel song at the end of the ceremony.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:03 PM
Aristocracy

Who came in after Prince C-P? It looked slightly like King Phillipe but it wasn't. Once in the church, he took a seat sort of at the back of the church. I though no one other than the bridal party entered after the King and Queen.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I see many of the guests have left already.

Time to bed then.

A beautiful Queen and Queen-to-be in blue:

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...56&oe=562A6EEB
https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...75&oe=55F4C3BD
https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...07&oe=55F117F0

Meanwhile Frederik took good care of his mother now Henrik had decided not to come ;-)

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...ec&oe=55F947AA
Old 06-13-2015, 09:11 PM
Majesty

Carl-Philip is 3rd in the line of Succession, but no Spain, Monaco, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, or any Royals from France, Italy or Austria. And absolutely no Middle Eastern Royals either.

Yet most of these Houses sent representation to Madeleine's wedding and Madeleine is lower in the Succession than C-P?

But this reception will not be the all-nighter that both Victoria and Madeleine had, which must delight the newlyweds.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Carl-Philip is 3rd in the line of Succession, but no Spain, Monaco, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, or any Royals from France, Italy or Austria. And absolutely no Middle Eastern Royals either.

Yet most of these Houses sent representation to Madeleine's wedding and Madeleine is lower in the Succession than C-P?

But this reception will not be the all-nighter that both Victoria and Madeleine had, which must delight the newlyweds.
I believe there was no royal representation from Belgium, the Netherlands and Spain at Madeleine's wedding. CP got a larger number of senior royals actually. The only surprise was the absence of members of the grand ducal house of Luxembourg.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:19 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think the prince and princess missed those that didn't come. I think all the people they loved were right there with them. They had a long day the reception was still going well after midnight and the wedding was at 4:30 and the bride was probably up very early to start her day.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:22 PM
Aristocracy

When the entire congregation sang, was it in Swedish? Does Norway, Belgium,
Netherlands, Denmark and Sweden speak the same language or are the languages so similar that it is easy to switch from one to the other? I have to admit I admire how multi-lingual they all seem to be. In the U.S. we don't put emphasis on learning another language, which made me happy as a kid, but now I wish I'd been forced to learn as a young child when it would have been so much easier to learn.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:27 PM
Majesty

It's what I admire most about the Continental Royals. No matter what European country they find themselves in they can switch effortlessly between French, Italian, German, Spanish and English as needed.

Very impressive!
Old 06-13-2015, 09:35 PM
Gentry

What i liked:

- Estelle, what a well-behaved child
- Marie and Joachim - best couple, they always look good together
- Sisters of the King - all 4, you don't see them very often, always liked Princess Margaretha most. Noticed today, that none has the elegance of their mother.

What i disliked:

- the music and the end, because it didn't stop
- that there is no royal wedding for a very long time

I never comment on dresses, because is useless to get upset about personal taste.

I really like, how we all are connected throw a wedding.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketmom View Post
When the entire congregation sang, was it in Swedish? Does Norway, Belgium,
Netherlands, Denmark and Sweden speak the same language or are the languages so similar that it is easy to switch from one to the other? I have to admit I admire how multi-lingual they all seem to be. In the U.S. we don't put emphasis on learning another language, which made me happy as a kid, but now I wish I'd been forced to learn as a young child when it would have been so much easier to learn.
Norwegian, Danish and Swedish are similar to each other. Dutch (the language of the Netherlands) is related to Swedish, but quite different (it is actually closer to German and English). Most people in Belgium speak Dutch like in the Netherlands, but about 40 % of the population speaks French, which belongs to a different branch of the European languages (closer to Italian or Spanish for example).
Old 06-13-2015, 09:57 PM
Aristocracy

https://scontent-sin1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3e&oe=55E9044B
Sorry for repost - I find her stunning. There may be touch-ups but hello, that is still HKH Sofia.
https://scontent-sin1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3d&oe=55EC3385
I love this wedding dance photo ^^
Old 06-13-2015, 10:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post

It is unfortunate that none of Lallas from were in attendance.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:41 PM
Royal Highness

Did anyone else notice two women wearing the exact same dress? It was navy velvet with short poofy sleeves that had white lattice work on them. One woman was wearing a tiara and a couple medals or orders, and was older and a little heavier. The other one was younger and thinner than the first, I don't think she was wearing a tiara, and maybe one medal/order. Any idea who they were?
Old 06-13-2015, 11:02 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
Did anyone else notice two women wearing the exact same dress? It was navy velvet with short poofy sleeves that had white lattice work on them. One woman was wearing a tiara and a couple medals or orders, and was older and a little heavier. The other one was younger and thinner than the first, I don't think she was wearing a tiara, and maybe one medal/order. Any idea who they were?
I believe those were the Swedish ladies-in-waiting.

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, sweden, wedding