The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-13-2015, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just saw some highlights of the wedding. Very sweet. The groom looked beyond happy, Sofia looked radiant and her dress, veil, hair and tiara were pitch-perfect. It all worked. I'm very happy for her. I hope she has a baby within the first year.

I noticed trees in the wedding chapel. Might that be an inspiration from William and Kate's wedding? For me that was always the stand-out from that wedding, and I liked seeing the birch trees (I think they were) here at this wedding.

I don't see anything about Sofia's wedding gown to think it was copied from Catherine's. The bodice portion of Sofia's gown is very different in effect from Catherine's. All-in-all, Sofia's wedding gown was a win-win imo. She made it more figure-hugging with a simple draping, really nice, and the veil was lovely.

Sofia is a very natural presence, she has confidence having been an actress and her voice is quite lovely. She's going to do well. There was a good feeling among all the family members. (Madeleine was amazing to watch. So pregnant). A very happy family affair. Now the King and Queen can breath a sigh of relief, all the children are married.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
She didn't attend Victoria's wedding. Iirc, the Crown Prince attended that wedding without CP Masako. So Princess Takamado was not needed as representative.
I agree that she is a very regal, dignified and elegant person. I really enjoy seeing her.
Thanks for the clarification. I've checked, and indeed the Japanese representative at Victoria's wedding was the Crown Prince.
Prince Takamado instead represented Japan at Madeleine's wedding, as I recalled.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:46 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatten View Post
It's hard to believe that Mette Marit will be Queen one day. Her dress...
Look at the dress her MIL wore today. She still has a long way to go to approach that level!
Old 06-13-2015, 06:46 PM
Courtier

A selfiebox was set up outside the church for the guests to have their picture taken & then printed with the bridal couples monogram on it

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 06-13-2015, 06:48 PM
Gentry

Regarding all the comments about the lace gowns vs the satin and silk gowns worn by other royals, my thinking is maybe the lace isn't so heavy, and it is usually a little cooler. Nothing is sadder than a poor bride who starts looking a little bedraggled from the heat.

Plus, I would rather see the beautiful lace, than the strapless or tiny sleeved gowns in a wedding. Lace gives you a little freedom, yet you are still modestly attired. Sofia looked radiant today, and I loved her tiara. That was just beautiful.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Just saw some highlights of the wedding. Very sweet. The groom looked beyond happy, Sofia looked radiant and her dress, veil, hair and tiara were pitch-perfect. It all worked. (I'm very happy for her. I hope she has a baby within the first year. )

I noticed trees in the wedding chapel. Might that be an inspiration from William and Kate's wedding? For me that was always the stand-out from that wedding, and I liked seeing the birch trees (I think they were) here at this wedding.

I don't see anything about Sofia's wedding gown to think it was copied from Catherine's. The bodice portion of Sofia's gown is very different in effect from Catherine's. All-in-all, Sofia's wedding gown was a win-win imo. She made it more figure-hugging with a simple draping, really nice, and the veil was lovely.

Sofia is a very natural presence, she has confidence having been an actress and her voice is quite lovely. She's going to do well. There was a good feeling among all the family members. (Madeleine was a amazing to watch. So pregnant). A very happy family affair. Now the King and Queen can breath a sigh of relief, all the children are married.

Probably their sons/daughter-in-law are not exactly how the King and Queen imagined them when their children were little, but in the end they are all happily married (especially CP and Victoria) and their parents seem to be happy about it.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The wedding cake is being served now.
It's still going on? Where are you seeing that?
Old 06-13-2015, 06:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:

SVT is still transmitting live.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I'm watching it on SVT. It is mostly commentary , interviews and clips of the wedding, but they cut live to the palace at key moments e.g. banquet speeches, the cake, etc.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Prinsbröllopet | SVT Play
It's close to midnight, probably just minutes till they show the bridal waltz.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

When is the wedding waltz planned to be danced?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine and Chris left home.
http://media.shootitlive.com/KRF5HwM...expressen/1940

The waltz should have started 23.30, they are 30 minutes late now.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:03 PM
Heir Apparent

It must have been a hard day for Princess Madeleine. At the final stages of my pregnancy I was happy for every second I could lay down to rest.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I don't particularly enjoy pop music in weddings, not because it is not traditional, but because a church wedding is after all a religious ceremony where music should fit into the liturgy and serve liturgical purposes. Catholic and Anglican weddings do that very well, coming from different traditions. I don't know a lot about the (Lutheran) Church of Sweden though.
You expressed my feelings well, better than I did. All Christian churches are-in the end- houses of worship, built to glorify God. No matter what the occasion...baptism, wedding, funeral...the music can and should fit into the liturgy. Pop music does not give due honor to God and therefore doesn't belong in the Lord's House, any more than liturgical music belongs in a night club.

So, I suppose that officially makes me Culturally Biased, doesn't it? I'll go out and have a T-shirt made soon!
Old 06-13-2015, 07:05 PM
Aristocracy

SVT is no longer streaming live for me, at least. So I guess the waltz is not going to be shown? Or did they choose not to have one? Anyone know? They were speaking about it at the end on SVT but sadly I don't have a word of Swedish.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:05 PM
Courtier

is it over on svtplay?

http://vsemogutkoroli.blogspot.com/
Old 06-13-2015, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliza View Post
SVT is no longer streaming live for me, at least. So I guess the waltz is not going to be shown? Or did they choose not to have one? Anyone know? They were speaking about it at the end on SVT but sadly I don't have a word of Swedish.
Try this link:

Prinsbröllopet - Teckenspråkstolkat | SVT.se
Old 06-13-2015, 07:08 PM
Aristocracy

Prinsbröllopet | SVT Play

It's still on
Old 06-13-2015, 07:11 PM
Serene Highness

Sophie walks liker her feet hurt or her heels are too high.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:12 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Didn't see what you mean myself but by tradition Bernadotte brides have worn myrtle in their hair since the wedding of Gustav VI Adolf and Margareth of Connaught. I think I've heard mentioned that Ingrid brought the tradition with her to Denmark as well.

Oh, that makes sense, thanks! I know it's sometimes included in a bouquet.

That was quite the wedding cake! I hope they dance soon, I've been sitting here for faaar too long watching this haha.

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, sweden, wedding