The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-13-2015, 03:50 PM
Majesty

Compare the size of Queen Máxima's diamonds in the diadem and the collier with all the diamonds around her... good heavens, that parure is worth a fortune in carat power.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
You definitely have to be used to gospel music to really enjoy it and feel the joy.
Yeah, as soon as the song came on, I was surprised and then began to clap, raise my hands and joined the singing. I know that song backwards and forwards, so I enjoyed it. I truly felt the love and holy ghost at this wedding.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-13-2015, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Has anyone seen pictures of Countess Bettina Bernadotte? I seem to have missed her

Old 06-13-2015, 04:01 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I found it strange that Princess Sofia did not make a révérence when she arrived at the altar. Prince Carl Philip made a bow (three times) and Princess Sofia followed him somewhat half-hearted, not really knowing what to do.
She and her father bowed to each side when they were walking up the aisle. Maybe that's why she was unsure if she should do it again.
Old 06-13-2015, 04:02 PM
Courtier

What Hello Magazine people are reading because they did not mention Kate's dress at all when talking about Sofia dress
Old 06-13-2015, 04:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Has anyone seen pictures of Countess Bettina Bernadotte? I seem to have missed her
Countess Bettina Bernadotte with husband Philipp Haug and their son Emil, who according to Svensk Damtidning is Carl Philip's godson.
http://media.shootitlive.com/SYiw6aU...expressen/1940
Old 06-13-2015, 04:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I just have to say that church weddings for millions of people occur in churches built upon gospel music to spread the word. All this "that music does not belong in church"... "at a wedding," is just cultural bias. Which you are welcome to have, if you like. Just understand - that it is bias.
There's nothing wrong with gospel music per se; however the problem is that it doesn't necessarily translate well into the tradition and liturgy of other churches!
Being educated in Northern European Lutheran church music and tradition I would like to think that I happen to know what I'm talking about ! And maybe you should consider the possibility that other posters happen to be familiar with the traditions of their churches!
Old 06-13-2015, 04:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I just have to say that church weddings for millions of people occur in churches built upon gospel music to spread the word. All this "that music does not belong in church"... "at a wedding," is just cultural bias. Which you are welcome to have, if you like. Just understand - that it is bias.
I don't mind gospel music but this wasn't a gospel church and I didn't think it was right for the occasion. However it was still preferable to that other song. Was that "Umbrella" by Rhianna that guy was singing?
Old 06-13-2015, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes it was Umbrella.

LaRae
Old 06-13-2015, 04:13 PM
Royal Highness

I missed the post-wedding banquet. Is there a link to wedding speeches, waltz and guest arrival ?
Old 06-13-2015, 04:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrant View Post
I noticed that there and in the chapel as well. Do they have air conditioning in Sweden? I know it's a stupid question but do they?
The average annual temperature in Stockholm is 50 degrees Fahrenheit. The average *high* for June 13 is 67 degrees, with an average low of 51. Needless to say, it's cold for much of the year. I don't think they usually need air conditioning.... It must be all the lights for the camera equipment.

The father of the bride is speaking now... in Swedish, of course! Would be grateful for a translation if anyone here is from Sweden!
Old 06-13-2015, 04:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

The king's speech
H.M. Konungens tal till brudparet , lördagen den 13 juni 2015 - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 06-13-2015, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I remember after Vatican ii in the sixties when all of the sudden we had a lot of guitar music in the Catholic Church. It certainly wasn't part of our tradition but they were trying to engage their audience more, I guess.
Old 06-13-2015, 04:23 PM
Gentry

Hours later - i kept myself away of all media, because i couldn't watch this event live. But i recorded the wedding (the third wedding now, of some use in the future i hope) and i ask for forgiveness, when i comment on dresses and things too late.

Starting with ZDF documentary about CP and Sofia (a model?)...
Old 06-13-2015, 04:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Yes it was Umbrella.

LaRae
Oh my God
Old 06-13-2015, 04:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
There's nothing wrong with gospel music per se; however the problem is that it doesn't necessarily translate well into the tradition and liturgy of other churches!
Being educated in Northern European Lutheran church music and tradition I would like to think that I happen to know what I'm talking about ! And maybe you should consider the possibility that other posters happen to be familiar with the traditions of their churches!
I think that's understandable. I just think it was brilliant to bring a little of American gospel to the congregation, church and viewers. Soulful gospel music can move you and the guest was truly moved by the song, 'Joyful, Joyful.' Other music can't do that for you, IMO. It highlighted that the wedding was a joyful celebration.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-13-2015, 04:26 PM
Serene Highness

The song had special meaning to the couple so they had it sung.
Old 06-13-2015, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

What a nice speech thanks for posting
Old 06-13-2015, 04:28 PM
Serene Highness

Traditions were up held here just some of the music was special for the couple a nice mixture of old and new. There were no disrespectful lyrics.
Old 06-13-2015, 04:28 PM
Royal Highness

The King certainly went into great lengths to make the case in his speech that CP is not "lazy" and is instead an accomplished individual.

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, sweden, wedding