The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-13-2015, 02:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Everyone seems to be hot, they're fanning themselves.
I noticed that there and in the chapel as well. Do they have air conditioning in Sweden? I know it's a stupid question but do they?

Old 06-13-2015, 02:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrant View Post
I noticed that there and in the chapel as well. Do they have air conditioning in Sweden? I know it's a stupid question but do they?
In old 16th/17th C rooms the National Patrimonium Board most likely does not allow airconditioning as this requires breaking in historic artefacts of national importance. Note that it is hot because a) there are LOTS of people and b) there are TV-lights. In usual circumstances the venues will not be that hot.

Old 06-13-2015, 02:55 PM
Aristocracy

Kalnel - Leonore might be for little boy Georgie of Cambridge ; )

This lace-y wedding dress all started from Princess Grace Kelly's ravishing wedding dress! When I saw Catherine's wedding gown, I instantly remarked "She copied Grace's lace!"

I just looked at Kate's wedding gown and saw that her and Sofia's gowns are different in many ways - the use of lace is just the similarity. Hello magazine exaggerated again : /
Old 06-13-2015, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Frederik, Mary and Maxima enjoyed each other while waiting for the bride ang groom:

http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bil...?itok=0wj5gD8Q

Reminds me about when Frederik photographed Mary and Maxima at Victoria's wedding and he whistled to the ladies as he took the picture

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/P...Bbd3MSfzkl.jpg
Old 06-13-2015, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Is Queen Mathilde on the dinner? I don't see her.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
In old 16th/17th C rooms the National Patrimonium Board most likely does not allow airconditioning as this requires breaking in historic artefacts of national importance. Note that it is hot because a) there are LOTS of people and b) there are TV-lights. In usual circumstances the venues will not be that hot.
Of course. We have the same situation in some of the historic buildings and houses here in Charleston for the same reason. Thank you.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

I can't help but laugh when The King gave his toast. Just the way he yell when he speak

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-13-2015, 03:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I don't particularly enjoy pop music in weddings, not because it is not traditional, but because a church
wedding is after all a religious ceremony where music should fit
into the liturgy and serve liturgical purposes. Catholic and Anglican weddings do that very well, coming from different traditions.
I don't know a lot about the (Lutheran) Church of Sweden though.
I couldn't agree more!
Church weddings call for music written for the church or -at least -
be able to blend in with the liturgy! While I accept the odd 'pop-solo'
en route just to add a personal touch, Sofia and Carl-Philip took
things way too far today. It was toe-crumbling, IMHO of course!

viv
Old 06-13-2015, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I found it strange that Princess Sofia did not make a révérence when she arrived at the altar. Prince Carl Philip made a bow (three times) and Princess Sofia followed him somewhat half-hearted, not really knowing what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
I couldn't agree more!

viv
Well, on Queen Máxima's wedding a soloïst played on a bandoneón, a tango by Ástor Piazzolla, called Adiós Nonino, which means Farewell Papa (or grandpapa). So I think every couple has their own wishes, but I agree, at least a bandoneón is no pop-music.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Is Queen Mathilde on the dinner? I don't see her.
I was looking for her too. She, Maxima and Mette-Marit usually hang together. I thought I must have missed her in the throng of people.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Lace wedding dresses are eternal.
Princess Grace wedding dress is still great, comparing to Princesses Astrid and Diana wedding dresses.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I found it strange that Princess Sofia did not make a révérence when she arrived at the altar. Prince Carl Philip made a bow (three times) and Princess Sofia followed him somewhat half-hearted, not really knowing what to do.
I think when they were reciting the Lord's Prayer (my Swedish is a little rusty LOL), it seemed to me she didn't join in and was looking around. She wasn't the only one, though. I could be wrong.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Well, on Queen Máxima's wedding a soloïst played on a bandoneón, a tango by Ástor Piazzolla, called Adiós Nonino, which means Farewell Papa (or grandpapa). So I think every couple has their own wishes, but I agree, at least a bandoneón is no pop-music.
Yep, I remember! It was a beautiful piece of music which didn't clash with the occasion!
Old 06-13-2015, 03:22 PM
Nobility

Mariage royal en Suède - Les plus belles photos du mariage de Carl Philip et Sofia
Old 06-13-2015, 03:24 PM
Courtier

I don't understand much Swedish but the King seems to be really struggling with his speech
Old 06-13-2015, 03:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

I know some people didn't like the 'joyful, joyful' song in the end of the ceremony, but that happens when people aren't used to that kind of gospel music, especially in churches like that. I thought that was a nice touch of holy ghost music.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-13-2015, 03:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
I couldn't agree more!

viv
I agree, I thought those songs at Victoria and Madeleine's wedding were dreadful as well, really tacky, which surprised me as this family are very classy the rest of the time. The wedding today was even worse in that respect and the least said about the way they left the church the better. She was a lovely bride though.
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I know some people didn't like the 'joyful, joyful' song in the end of the ceremony, but that happens when people aren't used to that kind of gospel music, especially in churches like that. I thought that was a nice touch of holy ghost music.
You definitely have to be used to gospel music to really enjoy it and feel the joy.
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
I don't understand much Swedish but the King seems to be really struggling with his speech
He is always struggling with his speeches, this time even more than normally.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

I just have to say that church weddings for millions of people occur in churches built upon gospel music to spread the word. All this "that music does not belong in church"... "at a wedding," is just cultural bias. Which you are welcome to have, if you like. Just understand - that it is bias.

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, sweden, wedding