The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-13-2015, 02:00 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrant View Post
As to the gowns of yesterday, maybe today's brides prefer a lighter look. Of the brides you mentioned, my standouts were Mette-Marit, whose gown was so simple and stunning, and Letizia's gown was dramatic as it was beautiful. Maxima had the most beautiful bridal veil I've seen in a long time. That lace trim was so lovely. I haven't seen anything to rival it. Letizia's veil came in a close second but it can't beat Maxima's.
I totally agree, Maxima had the most beautiful veil I've ever seen!

Imperial Majesty

Live Coverage: Guest are now arriving for the Banquet-
Prinsbröllopet | SVT Play

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Royal Highness

I don't particularly enjoy pop music in weddings, not because it is not traditional, but because a church wedding is after all a religious ceremony where music should fit into the liturgy and serve liturgical purposes. Catholic and Anglican weddings do that very well, coming from different traditions. I don't know a lot about the (Lutheran) Church of Sweden though.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olyashka View Post
I am sooo happy for both Carl Philip and Sofia. To me, they look very amazing today! The wedding dress is wonderful and I prefer it over the Duchess of Cambridge's wedding gown. I thought I will be disgusted by Carl Philip but he did npt! He looks very happy, and it makes me sooo happy for both of them! I saw Sofia's back tattoo not yet erased but it didn't flare up my feathers! I just love seeing their widely-smiling faces, Carl Philip's most especially. Sofia is as happy as he is, no doubt, but she shows some sign of nervousness (major, major public appearance on her first day as Princess of Sweden, so it's understandable). Ohhh, I very much love their wedding although I just see it through the very helpful facebook page Carl Philip - fans and friends. I lovevit when they kiss, I can see Carl Philip's smile and his face reads "We're finally married and I'm soooo happy!!!"
I love this photo!
https://scontent-hkg3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...2d&oe=55EC3B5B

And what happened/spoken in the wedding that made Mette-Marit cry? Is there some moving wedding speech there? I hate that I don't know Svenska :/

Sorry for this rant but I just love, love, love their wedding! God bless the newly married couple named Carl Philip and Sofia!!!
(excuse my excessive exclamation points which I overuse even in normal posts but my use this time went overboard as I can't contain my euphoria for them)
Thank you for that wonderful balcony shot! They looked relieved and happy. I know they're glad it's mostly over and they can look forward to a night of fun and lots of love.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Everyone seem to have enjoyed the wedding and had a good time. I'm sure Carl Philip and Sofia can't wait for the honeymoon. That's where the real fun begins!

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-13-2015, 02:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Sofia's mum would have looked better if she had done something with her hair. It just looked like she had done her everyday blow dry. Some sort of style and decoration would have really set her whole look off.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:07 PM
Courtier

Stand-out points for me, in no particular order:
the tears of so many;
the beautiful new tiara with emeralds;
the confidence of the King calling upon his subjects for cheers for the bridal couple, which were immediately forthcoming;
Princess Estelle is a darling!;
when I view occasions like this I am reminded that I am a citizen of the world and Royal families are, if you like, archetypes of families everywhere.
I wish their Royal Highnesses every happiness.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Live Coverage: Guest are now arriving for the Banquet-
Prinsbröllopet | SVT Play
I was expecting to see two sets of long tables, not separate round tables. That's a switch for me in my limited experience of royal wedding banquets but it's great!
Old 06-13-2015, 02:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by biru View Post
Sofia Hellqvist's wedding dress revealed - hellomagazine.com

the dress looks similar with Duchess of Cambridge's wedding dress...............
Yes I noticed that. It really is most unfortunate the people insist on copying Catherine, I mean all they have to do is not wear a white dress with lace, and of course, a veil and tiara, and really, did she have to copy the flowers as well?

All brides have to do is wear anything other than any shade of white . . . black's looking good, but watch out for the lace and flowers are a difinite no, no!
Old 06-13-2015, 02:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Cool Frederik (who cycled 300 kilometers during the night) took good care of his mother down the stairs, while Mary took good care of Mathilde, who came alone :)

http://media.shootitlive.com/MtMw27p...expressen/1940
http://media.shootitlive.com/TrOQoaA...expressen/1940
Old 06-13-2015, 02:12 PM
Courtier

Ok Forum members! Who has the formal wedding portrait pictures? I know somebody out there have them already. Hurry up and post them so the rest of us can see!!! LOL!!!
Old 06-13-2015, 02:13 PM
Nobility

I wish they had time to change their clothes just because I refuse to give up that Victoria wore H&M to the wedding
Old 06-13-2015, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Surely all the guests wont fit in that room...
Old 06-13-2015, 02:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen's fashion expert gave points to dresses, five is the best.
Så högt betyg fick Sofia, kronprinsessan Victoria, prinsessan Madeleine och övriga gäster på bröllopet | Kungligt | Expressen
Old 06-13-2015, 02:30 PM
Aristocracy

For me, I really love the gowns of Princess Tatiana of Greece, Queen Mathilde, Queen Mary and Queen Máxima!
Old 06-13-2015, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
5/5 to both Victoria and Mary and Madeleine in both Expressen and Aftonbladet

Så högt betyg fick Sofia, kronprinsessan Victoria, prinsessan Madeleine och övriga gäster på bröllopet | Kungligt | Expressen

http://www.theyouway.com/looks/red-c...t#xtor=AD-500-[theyouway]-[tf__1506]-[integration]-[aftonbladet]-[ettan]-[32]
Old 06-13-2015, 02:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Two dresses from Fadi el Khoury
Calle and Anitha Schulman, Calle has collected money to Project Playground
http://media.shootitlive.com/4V5oeyQ...expressen/1940
Cristina Saliba with husband, Christina is Carl Philip's PRwoman
http://media.shootitlive.com/7oGDwcC...tonbladet/3664
Old 06-13-2015, 02:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I loved Leonore – she reminded me of Estelle at Madeleine's wedding. I loved that she continuously tried to get in contact with QMII (who is notoriously bad with young children so she felt a bit uneasy) and then proceeded to be held by her father, her mother, her uncle and her aunt (Daniel was the definite winner of the Who can make Leonore stop screaming? competition). Estelle was cute as a button as well – who doesn't love her, the little thing.
Queen Margrethe ought to keep an eye on Leonore -- she has a lot of grandsons who might make a good match with her! (100 years ago, they probably would have the marriage contracts ready.)
Old 06-13-2015, 02:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Everyone seems to be hot, they're fanning themselves.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-13-2015, 02:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Table of Honor
http://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt/...6c83320f8.html

Menu
http://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt/...6c833217f.html

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, sweden, wedding