Prince Carl Philip of Sweden and Sofia Hellqvist: June 13, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He did :notworthy: In 9 hours and 22 minutes. He started last night at. 7:32 pm and reached the goal line early this morning at. 4:52 am.

That's why I think he sleeps well tonight ;-)

Well... I would pick going by car... ;)

Was he alone or forced some poor bodyguards to follow him? :ROFLMAO:

I just saw the part with the song of Princess Sofia. It was so emotional. Well done, Your Royal Highness.

The live coverage has now finished but the video is still up there and you can watch it all from the beginning.

Sorry if this question was already asked and answered, but does anyone know the song that was playing when she made her entrance at the church?

A more personal touch with songs and poetry have been a somewhat standard in the Church of Sweden the last 30-40 years and gospel isn't that uncommon. Many congregations have gospel choirs and use them both in church service and at concerts.

Good points. Carl-Philip and his sisters weddings reflect the current marriage tradition in the Church of Sweden. The bride and groom choses whatever music they want that means something special to them.

And yes, lots of churches here have gospel choirs, so gospel is quite common in swedish churches. I was happy that they chose a gospel song at the end of the ceremony.

Who came in after Prince C-P? It looked slightly like King Phillipe but it wasn't. Once in the church, he took a seat sort of at the back of the church. I though no one other than the bridal party entered after the King and Queen.

Carl-Philip is 3rd in the line of Succession, but no Spain, Monaco, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, or any Royals from France, Italy or Austria. And absolutely no Middle Eastern Royals either.

Yet most of these Houses sent representation to Madeleine's wedding and Madeleine is lower in the Succession than C-P?:ermm:

But this reception will not be the all-nighter that both Victoria and Madeleine had, which must delight the newlyweds.;)

Carl-Philip is 3rd in the line of Succession, but no Spain, Monaco, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, or any Royals from France, Italy or Austria. And absolutely no Middle Eastern Royals either.

Yet most of these Houses sent representation to Madeleine's wedding and Madeleine is lower in the Succession than C-P?:ermm:

But this reception will not be the all-nighter that both Victoria and Madeleine had, which must delight the newlyweds.;)

I believe there was no royal representation from Belgium, the Netherlands and Spain at Madeleine's wedding. CP got a larger number of senior royals actually. The only surprise was the absence of members of the grand ducal house of Luxembourg.

I don't think the prince and princess missed those that didn't come. I think all the people they loved were right there with them. They had a long day the reception was still going well after midnight and the wedding was at 4:30 and the bride was probably up very early to start her day.

When the entire congregation sang, was it in Swedish? Does Norway, Belgium,
Netherlands, Denmark and Sweden speak the same language or are the languages so similar that it is easy to switch from one to the other? I have to admit I admire how multi-lingual they all seem to be. In the U.S. we don't put emphasis on learning another language, which made me happy as a kid, but now I wish I'd been forced to learn as a young child when it would have been so much easier to learn.

It's what I admire most about the Continental Royals. No matter what European country they find themselves in they can switch effortlessly between French, Italian, German, Spanish and English as needed.

Very impressive!

What i liked:

- Estelle, what a well-behaved child
- Marie and Joachim - best couple, they always look good together
- Sisters of the King - all 4, you don't see them very often, always liked Princess Margaretha most. Noticed today, that none has the elegance of their mother.

What i disliked:

- the music and the end, because it didn't stop
- that there is no royal wedding for a very long time

I never comment on dresses, because is useless to get upset about personal taste.

:flowers: I really like, how we all are connected throw a wedding.

When the entire congregation sang, was it in Swedish? Does Norway, Belgium,
Netherlands, Denmark and Sweden speak the same language or are the languages so similar that it is easy to switch from one to the other? I have to admit I admire how multi-lingual they all seem to be. In the U.S. we don't put emphasis on learning another language, which made me happy as a kid, but now I wish I'd been forced to learn as a young child when it would have been so much easier to learn.

Norwegian, Danish and Swedish are similar to each other. Dutch (the language of the Netherlands) is related to Swedish, but quite different (it is actually closer to German and English). Most people in Belgium speak Dutch like in the Netherlands, but about 40 % of the population speaks French, which belongs to a different branch of the European languages (closer to Italian or Spanish for example).

Last edited:

It is unfortunate that none of Lallas from were in attendance.

Did anyone else notice two women wearing the exact same dress? It was navy velvet with short poofy sleeves that had white lattice work on them. One woman was wearing a tiara and a couple medals or orders, and was older and a little heavier. The other one was younger and thinner than the first, I don't think she was wearing a tiara, and maybe one medal/order. Any idea who they were?

Did anyone else notice two women wearing the exact same dress? It was navy velvet with short poofy sleeves that had white lattice work on them. One woman was wearing a tiara and a couple medals or orders, and was older and a little heavier. The other one was younger and thinner than the first, I don't think she was wearing a tiara, and maybe one medal/order. Any idea who they were?

I believe those were the Swedish ladies-in-waiting.

One of them was Baroness Christina von Schwerin, Lady-in-waiting to The Queen wearing the Swedish Court dress worn by ladies holding prominent positions at Court.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Noticably absent from the wedding was Countess Gunnila Bernadotte af Wisborg and Mistress of the robes, Countess Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister with her husband Count Hans-Gabriel. Being of a very advanced age all three I guess they bowed out because of age.

Oops wrong thread!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I noticed that. It really is most unfortunate the people insist on copying Catherine, I mean all they have to do is not wear a white dress with lace, and of course, a veil and tiara, and really, did she have to copy the flowers as well?

All brides have to do is wear anything other than any shade of white . . . black's looking good, but watch out for the lace and flowers are a difinite no, no! :lol: :ROFLMAO: :whistling:

:lol::lol:

Well, I can't help but noticed the similarity of the dress. of course, Sofia's dress was different than Kate's, and I have to admit that Sofia looked beautiful on that dress.

love Queen Maxima's dress. btw, does anyone know why there was no representative from Spanish and Luxembourg royal family on the wedding?

Just looking on FB at some of the wedding dinner pics....they look so happy...may they always be happy!

LaRae

They look like a very happy couple- best wishes to them!

Both little princesses were too cute at the wedding today. Princess Estelle has always seemed to be a friendly, happy, easy-going little girl, and always very well-behaved. With her haircut, she has really changed from looking like a toddler to looking like a child- and is cute at both stages! Princess Leonore is very sweet as well, and she seems to be VERY loved by her parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles, as I'm sure her cousin is and as her younger sibling will be. The Swedish royals seem to be very "kid-friendly" and encourage taking the royal children to public and royal events.

It was a wonderful wedding! The couple shined in happiness. It was sooo nice to see.
Also that there were a lot of differences at this wedding in comparison with the weddings of CP Victoria and Madeleine. So it was truely THEIR wedding.
Great!
BYe Bine

Just watch the the wedding and it was definitely their day. The bride and groom loved the entire event which is as it should be. They were happy and loving. Guests seemed to have fun and enjoy. I actually didn't care too much about all the guests, just so enjoyed those two. Bride looked lovely, groom handsome. I didn't care what anyone else was wearing. It was entirely their day and they all knew it. No one could over shadow them and they shouldn't try on that special day. Hope they continue to stay happy and God is good to them. Can't say I over thought much about them before, but today I thought I had never seen such a happy couple who seemed to care less about anything else but their special love. CUTE. Did my heart good.

They look like a very happy couple- best wishes to them!

Both little princesses were too cute at the wedding today. Princess Estelle has always seemed to be a friendly, happy, easy-going little girl, and always very well-behaved. With her haircut, she has really changed from looking like a toddler to looking like a child - and is cute at both stages! Princess Leonore is very sweet as well, and she seems to be VERY loved by her parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles, as I'm sure her cousin is and as her younger sibling will be. The Swedish royals seem to be very "kid-friendly" and encourage taking the royal children to public and royal events.

I agree with you, acdc1. :flowers: With this caveat: Lenore seems to be a bit more active. Just as Chris and Madeleine were at the beginning of their walk to the church, Lenore made the classic attempt to get down from her father's arms to go exploring. Those legs were going. :p

Last edited:

They are wearing the court dresses which have been used since 1988
Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke, First Lady of the Court, the head of The Queen's Household
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Karolin A. Johansson, Marshal of the Court, the head of the The Crown Princess's household
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Also the queen's ladies-in-waiting use the court dresses at the big events.

Sofia had changed her dress, she was at the Palace window early in the morning.
http://media.shootitlive.com/LVLalyadPsmmFgg5bjSZXSOKZYB/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/3664
http://media.shootitlive.com/9na6LqnAj7AfJYGiryxLaxhKjqm/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1940
http://media.shootitlive.com/XBpoQrMoPOrLA5Ow1gnPLKw1WXC/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1940
http://media.shootitlive.com/EWM7apdrkcB3eZsovlVUl7QyD53/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1940
http://media.shootitlive.com/NlPJj4zmly1MeMv5N7uEPutZfVZ/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1940

The official wedding photos, by photographer Mattias Edwall.
De officiella bröllopsbilderna - Sveriges Kungahus
HQ photos
Pressbilder Aktuella händelser - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

The colouring and the light background are a really bad combination.

Last edited by a moderator:
The official wedding photos, by photographer Mattias Edwall.
De officiella bröllopsbilderna - Sveriges Kungahus
Pressbilder Aktuella händelser - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

The colouring and the light background are a really bad combination.

the background is terrible. victoria cant even bring herself to a smile.

they should have closed the curtains, who wants to see a queen like this.
for me, it was as classless and disappointing as a expected it to be.
http://media.shootitlive.com/98k8Q4ejTjxo1Eg9HBokOcNRQ0b/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/3664

Just catching up on the day. It all seemed very nice and they looked very happy. I thought the dress was pretty but nothing exciting. The gospel singing was really weird I can't see what the connection was to either of them. Anyway good luck to them

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom