The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-13-2015, 12:57 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Carl Philip of Sweden and Sofia Hellqvist: June 13, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Although I agree that he was wrongfully stripped of his title. Has Prince CP ever given any indication he feels this way? Perhaps he feels like he dodged a bullet? Not everyone wants to be saddled with that.

LaRae

But the huge majority of the Swedes are very happy today that Victoria is nr 1 and not Carl-Philip.

Carl-Philip has (ofcourse) not said anything at all about that matter.

Old 06-13-2015, 12:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
Oh for pete's sake this was their wedding and they had what they wanted . As did Victoria and Madeleine. If it were a problem none of them would have had what they wanted for their weddings. Some people will never accept Sofia and that is sad.
Amen, Princess Carmen! And for those who won't accept Sofia, that's just their little red wagon. My daddy always told me "Not everyone is going to love you" and that's just a cold hard fact of life. So if they don't like her, whatever. Whether they accept her nor not is irrelevant. She married a prince who adores her and I think they're just plain jealous!!

Old 06-13-2015, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
But the huge majority of the Swedes are very happy today that Victoria is nr 1 and not Carl-Philip.

Carl-Philip has (ofcourse) said anything at all about that matter.

Well yes because it's what they know...she's been raised to be the heir after the title was taken from Carl Phillip. If it had been him they would be happy he was the heir.

But like I said...he may be happy he is NOT the heir. Much more freedom.

LaRae
Imperial Majesty

Marwan "Marre" Hitti with wife Marcella. Marre did Sofia's hairdo today.
http://media.shootitlive.com/Xy7TsxR...expressen/1940
Patrick and Maline Sommerlath with son Leopold
http://media.shootitlive.com/68ct2M1...expressen/1940
Dagmar von Arbin, she is 99 years old
http://media.shootitlive.com/ELsfw8y...expressen/1940
The Speaker of the Parliament Urban Ahlin with wife
http://media.shootitlive.com/6YRcrIz...expressen/1940
Thomas Sommerlath and Bettina Aussems
http://media.shootitlive.com/1bziGIW...expressen/1940

Victoria with her godson Leopold Sommerlath
http://media.shootitlive.com/4CiLaNh...expressen/1940
Gentry

Sofia Hellqvist's wedding dress revealed - hellomagazine.com

the dress looks similar with Duchess of Cambridge's wedding dress...............
Old 06-13-2015, 01:00 PM
Courtier

Well I really enjoyed the wedding. I loved the dress and the music too.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:00 PM
Heir Apparent

A lovely picture of Mary and Mathilde beautiful in blue

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...ec&oe=5630D308
Old 06-13-2015, 01:03 PM
Majesty

I think they had the wedding they wanted and deserved. It was certainly beautiful enough to have the bride, the groom, Victoria, Daniel, Madeleine, Queens Mathilde and Maxima, Fred, Mary and Mette Marit (and that's just what I saw) all feeling the love with tears, so they must have done a whole lot right, music niggles or not.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:03 PM
Courtier

How sweet of QS to carry Sofia's bouquet so she can walk up the stairs holding CP's hand.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Well yes because it's what they know...she's been raised to be the heir after the title was taken from Carl Phillip. If it had been him they would be happy he was the heir.

LaRae

That's not certain. A lot is is also depending on Victorias and Carl-Philips personalites and many people doesn't like his shy and reserved personality. This is really the WRONG day to say something negative but the thruth is that most Swedes sees him as just shy and lazy. Don't know if that can be "trained away".
Old 06-13-2015, 01:07 PM
Heir Apparent

When I saw Sofia enterring my first impression was Claudia Cardinale in the Film "le Guépard" ...long time ago......
Old 06-13-2015, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
That's not certain. A lot is is also depending on Victorias and Carl-Philips personalites and many people doesn't like his shy and reserved personality. This is really the WRONG day to say something negative but the thruth is that most Swedes sees him as just shy and lazy. Don't know if that can be "trained away".

He would of been raised differently if he was the heir. Naturally things would of been different with him, from how he is now. His laziness (or perceived laziness) may be because he has had nothing he's really ambitious about.

Nothing wrong with shy...but perhaps that would of been overcome had he been raised as the heir.

LaRae
Old 06-13-2015, 01:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Marwan "Marre" Hitti with wife Marcella. Marre did Sofia's hairdo today.
http://media.shootitlive.com/Xy7TsxR...expressen/1940
Patrick and Maline Sommerlath with son Leopold
http://media.shootitlive.com/68ct2M1...expressen/1940
Dagmar von Arbin, she is 99 years old
http://media.shootitlive.com/ELsfw8y...expressen/1940
The Speaker of the Parliament Urban Ahlin with wife
http://media.shootitlive.com/6YRcrIz...expressen/1940
Thomas Sommerlath and Bettina Aussems
http://media.shootitlive.com/1bziGIW...expressen/1940
Great pixes! Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biru View Post

the dress looks similar with Duchess of Cambridge's wedding dress...............
Wow. Hello moves pretty fast, eh?
Old 06-13-2015, 01:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think they had the wedding they wanted and deserved. It was certainly beautiful enough to have the bride, the groom, Victoria, Daniel, Madeleine, Queens Mathilde and Maxima, Fred, Mary and Mette Marit (and that's just what I saw) all feeling the love with tears, so they must have done a whole lot right, music niggles or not.

To be fair, Queen Maxima is known to shed tears a lot, so I guess she doesn't really count as evidence !
Old 06-13-2015, 01:12 PM
Serene Highness

I think the emotion was real and honest. The tiara is apparently a gift from the King and Queen I read this on another forum.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:18 PM
Courtier

I have lots of things to say about the Swedish royal courts PR-department, but the court sure knows how to pull off a great wedding.

When it comes to the music in the church, it wasn't what I would pick, but nothing strange about it. The big exception: Joyful, joyful at the end! How great was that? Simply an amazing way to walk out of the church :)
Old 06-13-2015, 01:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

LaRae
Well, in the first place, that title belonged to Victoria first, but because of Male-preference law, when Carl-Philip was born, he took that title from his sister. At 7 months, at the will of the people, the title returned to Victoria, since it was established primogeniture law.

About the look of the Bride, she was beautiful indeed. I like her dress BUT where are those times of Maxima, MM, Letizia, Mathilde, Mary, where we would see a bridal gown that looks diferent? Nowadays, evey bride just uses lace and the same type of dresses. To me is boring, of course, it's their choice, but I miss something diferent than the "boring" trend of bridal gown that everyone seems to like.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by biru View Post

Come on now this is ridiculous.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:21 PM
Courtier

I really enjoyed this wedding. It was full of joy and full of love.

I was surprised at how short it was compared to our Irish Roman Catholic ceremonies. Approximately 40 minutes in length from the time Sofia entered the church to the time she and Carl Philip departed as man and wife.

I thought that Sofia looked very beautiful. Her dress was gorgeous and I love how she wore her hair. She looked very regal.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

At which time will the wedding speeches be held?

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, sweden, wedding