The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 03-17-2014, 03:29 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,303
Prince Amedeo of Belgium and Elisabetta Rosboch, 5 July 2014

Archduke & Prince Amedeo will marry Lily Rosboch von Wolkenstein on July 5th 2014 in Rome.

Prins Amedeo en Lili Rosboch maken bekend waar en wanneer ze... - De Standaard
__________________

__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-30-2014, 05:46 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,303
The entire Belgian royal family is expected to attend, except Queen Fabiola as her health is not strong enough. Princesses Laeticia Marie, Elisabeth and Louise will be bridesmaids.

Prinses Elisabeth wordt bruidsmeisje - HLN.be
__________________

__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-30-2014, 06:44 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 2,229
Thanks Marengo for starting their wedding thread .
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-30-2014, 08:39 AM
biru's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 67
Can't wait to see Lili's wedding dress

Will Netherland and Luxembourg royals will attend the royal wedding as well?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-30-2014, 08:47 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,303
I would be surprised if there were any Dutch guests. Maybe Constantijn and Laurentien as they live in Brussels and Laurentien and Astrid attended several events fo the European Cultural Fund together. But I doubt that any of them know the groom and bride well (different age group). But who knows?

It wouldn't be unlikely if there will be a few members of the Lux, Habsburg, Liechtenstein, Ligne etc. royals & nobles there though. It will be interesting to see if the head of the Habsburg family will attend, I wouldn't hold my breath for it. Other interesting guests can be from the brides side: the Agnelli's/Elkann's.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-30-2014, 09:04 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 2,229
No foreign royal guests , it is a private wedding !
The best thing is to watch VTM , Royalty on Sunday 6th of July 6 pm.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-30-2014, 09:09 AM
Cris M's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Niterói, Brazil
Posts: 231
Any information on the bride's future title?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-30-2014, 09:12 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,303
Not that I am aware of. But according to art. 113 of the Belgian constitution people married into the royal family can only get the title HRH Prince(ss) X of Belgium by a royal decree. There were royal decrees for Mathilde, Lorenz and Claire. It is unlikely that they will do that for Elisabetta, so my guess is that she will 'use' her husbands title out of courtesy, so HRH Princess Amedeo, just like Princess Alexandre (Léa Wolman) is used.

It will be interesting to see what title their children will get. With the downsizing trend at various courts I think it is unlikely that they will become HRH Princes of Belgium too, as it means that in the next generation there may be 100 people with such a title around. However, under the current law, all legal descendants of King Albert II are entitled to such a title.

----
And back to the wedding: according to VTM the service will be in the Santa Maria in Trastevere basilica.

Pictures: https://www.google.nl/search?q=Santa...w=1029&bih=668
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-30-2014, 09:53 AM
sancakli70's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ludwigsburg, Germany
Posts: 885
Can we watch it on tv? Very interesting
__________________
Allah (c.c.) bless the Jordanian Royal Family
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-30-2014, 10:58 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 2,229
I hope the Prince will wear the Order of the Golden Fleece as his Father.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-30-2014, 11:04 AM
Marchesina's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a town near the Adriatic coast, Italy
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Not that I am aware of. But according to art. 113 of the Belgian constitution people married into the royal family can only get the title HRH Prince(ss) X of Belgium by a royal decree. There were royal decrees for Mathilde, Lorenz and Claire. It is unlikely that they will do that for Elisabetta, so my guess is that she will 'use' her husbands title out of courtesy, so HRH Princess Amedeo, just like Princess Alexandre (Léa Wolman) is used.

It will be interesting to see what title their children will get. With the downsizing trend at various courts I think it is unlikely that they will become HRH Princes of Belgium too, as it means that in the next generation there may be 100 people with such a title around. However, under the current law, all legal descendants of King Albert II are entitled to such a title.

----
And back to the wedding: according to VTM the service will be in the Santa Maria in Trastevere basilica.

Pictures: https://www.google.nl/search?q=Santa...w=1029&bih=668

yes it'll take place there. The french-speaking show "Place Royale" showed the church and talked to the rector of the parish.
Also...it's not like Amedeo and Lili's children won't have any title if Philippe doesn't grant them the "princes of Belgium" one
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-30-2014, 11:53 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,303
Not a legal title, the Habsburg title is not recognised in Belgium (or anywhere else).
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-02-2014, 05:46 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Posts: 8,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Not that I am aware of. But according to art. 113 of the Belgian constitution people married into the royal family can only get the title HRH Prince(ss) X of Belgium by a royal decree. There were royal decrees for Mathilde, Lorenz and Claire. It is unlikely that they will do that for Elisabetta, so my guess is that she will 'use' her husbands title out of courtesy, so HRH Princess Amedeo, just like Princess Alexandre (Léa Wolman) is used.

It will be interesting to see what title their children will get. With the downsizing trend at various courts I think it is unlikely that they will become HRH Princes of Belgium too, as it means that in the next generation there may be 100 people with such a title around. However, under the current law, all legal descendants of King Albert II are entitled to such a title.
If that trend continued the extended Belgian RF would be one of the largest in the world!

I think you may be right,I think Elisabetta will be styled HIRH Princess Amedeo-Archduchess of Austria-Este.
__________________
Death of HSH Princess Grace of Monaco,September 14, 1982
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-04-2014, 07:02 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 15,326
Prince Nicolae of Romania will attend the wedding.
Principele Nicolae participă la nunta Principelui Amedeo al Belgiei Familia Regală a României Royal Family of Romania
Translation
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-04-2014, 11:37 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: xxx, Antarctica
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
If that trend continued the extended Belgian RF would be one of the largest in the world!

I think you may be right,I think Elisabetta will be styled HIRH Princess Amedeo-Archduchess of Austria-Este.
If Lili is styled Princess of Belgium or not is a decision that has to be taken by the new government - the one that still has to be formed. So that will take some time. I too think that the RF and the government is well advised to limit the use of the title Princess of Belgium, but I could imagine that Astrid and Lorenz will lobby for the Belgium title.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-04-2014, 11:41 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: xxx, Antarctica
Posts: 118
In other news (credit to the great twitter account of Belgian journalist Wim Dehandschutter): the bridal gown will be by an Italian designer, probably Armani. Guillaume of Luxembourg attends the wedding, also many Liechtensteiners. Most members of the Belgian RF are already in town. King Philippe and Prince Laurent will arrive together tomorrow morning. One of Amedeo's witnesses will be a grandson of Valéry Giscard d'Estaing, another one his brother Joachim. Maria Laura will be Lili's witness. The wedding mass will be held by cardinal Danneels and a local priest.




And I'm pretty sure that Amedeo's younger cousins are less than pleased with the timing of the wedding mass. While the whole of Belgium and all of their friends watch the Red Devils playing their quarter final they have to sit through the service. And the journalists already mentioned they will watch out if smart phones will be checked to keep up with the game.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-04-2014, 11:54 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lapalisse, France
Posts: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mara* View Post
If Lili is styled Princess of Belgium or not is a decision that has to be taken by the new government - the one that still has to be formed. So that will take some time. I too think that the RF and the government is well advised to limit the use of the title Princess of Belgium, but I could imagine that Astrid and Lorenz will lobby for the Belgium title.
There is no any decision of the Government needed. Also in Belgium the social custom says that the female spouse of a titled gentleman can be addressed with her husband's title(s).

Exactly like a Miss Smith marrying a Count t'Serclaes van Tilly becomes a Countess t'Serclaes van Tilly, a Miss Rosboch von Wolkenstein marrying a Prince of Belgium becomes a Princess of Belgium.

Look at Ms Léa Wolman whom married the late Prince Alexander of Belgium, she became Princess Léa of Belgium without any decision or interference by the Government.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-04-2014, 12:12 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: xxx, Antarctica
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
There is no any decision of the Government needed. Also in Belgium the social custom says that the female spouse of a titled gentleman can be addressed with her husband's title(s).

Exactly like a Miss Smith marrying a Count t'Serclaes van Tilly becomes a Countess t'Serclaes van Tilly, a Miss Rosboch von Wolkenstein marrying a Prince of Belgium becomes a Princess of Belgium.

Look at Ms Léa Wolman whom married the late Prince Alexander of Belgium, she became Princess Léa of Belgium without any decision or interference by the Government.
True. But there are the recent precedents making Mathilde and Claire Princesses in their own right. And it also has to be decided if Amedeo and Lili's future children are to be included in the line of throne. So the government will be involved anyway.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-04-2014, 12:16 PM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mara* View Post
True. But there are the recent precedents making Mathilde and Claire Princesses in their own right. And it also has to be decided if Amedeo and Lili's future children are to be included in the line of throne. So the government will be involved anyway.
but Mathilde married the heir and Claire married the son of the King. Amedeo is nowhere close to the throne.
__________________
My facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/SignyCullen
Author of fiction novel Farther Side of Away, and non-fiction book about royalty If You're a Princess, Where's Your Crown?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-04-2014, 12:50 PM
stephanievl's Avatar
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: n/a, Belgium
Posts: 3,030
Today in Italy
http://t.co/55m7lH8FvK
http://t.co/GjZaasJRAY
http://t.co/zaqJ9STowp
http://t.co/lbI1MNtLQC
http://t.co/xv2tbIOcLg
http://t.co/wy5pFAW5tP
http://t.co/QRpaeM3npO
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
amedeo, archduchess elisabetta, archduke amedeo, elisabetta, prince & archduke amedeo, prince amedeo, princess & archduchess elisabetta, princess elisabetta, rome, wedding


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engagement of Prince Amedeo with Elisabetta Rosboch von Wolkenstein 15/02/2014 leidi Princess Astrid, Archduke Lorenz and their family 153 07-05-2014 02:38 AM
A second son for Prince Aimone and Princess Olga: Prince Amedeo, 24 May 2011 Benjamin Royal Families of Italy 74 06-20-2012 11:16 AM
Prince Amedeo of Italy, Duke of Aupalia and Princess Anne of France (Orleans) - 1927 leonardinha Historical Royal Weddings 5 10-12-2009 07:20 AM
Prince Amedeo; News and Pictures, Part 1; July 2004 - Aug. 2006 samitude Current Events Archive 168 08-28-2006 09:12 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jewellery jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games olympics ottoman poland pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:29 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]