Prince Amedeo of Belgium and Elisabetta Rosboch, 5 July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the bride looked very pretty, i guess valentino dresses for royal weddings are in full fashion at the moment! i thought lili's was beautiful and elegant. the tiara is gorgeous - good choice. it is apparently loaned by queen paola to the bride, which i find very fitting, as paola must be thrilled that her granddaughter in law is italian like herself. :) do we know which tiara it is?
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Queen Elisabeth's Diamond Bandeau

I was highly impressed by the Dowager Archduchess Margherita of Austria-Este born Princess of Savoie -Aoste.
Born in 1933 she is now 81 years old.
She entered the Church just after Queen Paola and King Albert with her son Archduke Martin.
She was dressed in white and pink/fuschia. Absolutely not matronly but great for her old age.
Alas no picture of her , she was also the grandmother and no picture of her 4 other Children : Marie-Beatrice (silver dress) , Gerhard , Martin and Isabelle.(great pearl necklace)
Sitting on the second row , lucky I could see them.
http://royalhats.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/2014-07-05-amadeo-and-elisabetta-29.jpg?w=869

Last edited by a moderator:
Elisabetta is gorgeous! . Congratulations to the whole family!.

The whole Belgian Royal family looks great!!

By the way, What title did Elisabetta recieve?

Elisabetta is gorgeous! . Congratulations to the whole family!.

The whole Belgian Royal family looks great!!

By the way, What title did Elisabetta recieve?

Donna Elisabetta did not receive a title neither did she acquire Belgian nobility by her marriage. She is already an aristocrat anyway. The social custom however is that female spouses of titled gentlemen can be addressed by their husband's title(s). As the Palace has not issued any communiqué on this matter, she can be referred as Archduchess Elisabetta of Austria-Este or Princess Elisabetta of Belgium, depending on the occasion

I was highly impressed by the Dowager Archduchess Margherita of Austria-Este born Princess of Savoie -Aoste.
Born in 1933 she is now 81 years old.
Just a small correction: Archduchess Margherita is 84 now, being born in 1930. Her sister Maria Cristina (Princess Casimir of Bourbon-Two Sicilies) is the one born in 1933.
Btw, I agree that Archduchess Margherita looked great. She is a truly royal lady.

There is no announcement needed. Like any other female spouse who is married with a titled gentleman, also Donna Elisabetta can be addressed with her husband's title(s).

Had Donna Elisabetta married a Count De Brouchoven de Bergeyck, to name just a Belgian noble, then she could be styled as the Countess De Brouchoven de Bergeyck. It is as simple as that.
Anyone can address her however they wish, but whether they would be correct is a different matter.

Social custom as regards nobility does not in all cases pertain to royalty. At this moment, the only certain fact is that Elisabetta does not legally possess the title of Princess of Belgium. Whether the Belgian court will address her as a princess in spite of this, or whether she will be granted the title in the future, is unknown.

Anyone can address her however they wish, but whether they would be correct is a different matter.

Social custom as regards nobility does not in all cases pertain to royalty. At this moment, the only certain fact is that Elisabetta does not legally possess the title of Princess of Belgium. Whether the Belgian court will address her as a princess in spite of this, or whether she will be granted the title in the future, is unknown.

It is not about legality because Elisabetta will never be a Princess of Belgium unless she is bestowed that title. It is about social custom. Fabiola, Paola and Mathilde are also no Queens in their own right but are addressed with their spouse's style anyway. A few posts ago I have given an example of an official communiqué by the Belgian Government in which to Lea Wolman was referred as "S.A.R. la Princesse Léa". Of course it is always optional how you call someone. When you address Mathilde as "Mevrouw" (Madame) it is equally perfect.

It is not about legality because Elisabetta will never be a Princess of Belgium unless she is bestowed that title. It is about social custom. Fabiola, Paola and Mathilde are also no Queens in their own right but are addressed with their spouse's style anyway. A few posts ago I have given an example of an official communiqué by the Belgian Government in which to Lea Wolman was referred as "S.A.R. la Princesse Léa". Of course it is always optional how you call someone. When you address Mathilde as "Mevrouw" (Madame) it is equally perfect.

It is certainly plausible that the Belgian court shall do as you expect, but we cannot know with certitude. Léa is a princess by law, given the royal decree of 1891, while Elisabetta is not.

Lili looked wonderful. They are a nice couple. My favourite photos from the wedding are:

Elisabeth and Louise
Lili waves to the crowds
I presume the man is Lili's father
Lili and Amedeo in the church
Lili and Amedeo are showered with rice as fans take photos of them
The kiss

And some more editions:

The sketch of Lili's wedding dress
A full view of Lili's veil
The rings

Are there any up close pictures of the Bridal Party? I haven't seen any yet and want to see what everyone's talking about. Thanks to all who have shared links. Much appreciated!! :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Here are some clearer photos of the bridal party :flowers:

One (Elisabeth looks really sweet in this) ~ Two

I didn't mind the bridesmaid's outfits although their shoes were a little old ladyish for me.

:previous: Yes, that's one of my most favourites too. It has a lovely, warm feeling to it. :)

I love the outfits of the little Princesses, they are really beautiful !

Lili looked wonderful. They are a nice couple. My favourite photos from the wedding are:

Elisabeth and Louise

Lili waves to the crowds

I presume the man is Lili's father

Lili and Amedeo in the church

Lili and Amedeo are showered with rice as fans take photos of them

The kiss

And some more editions:

The sketch of Lili's wedding dress

A full view of Lili's veil

The rings

Here are some clearer photos of the bridal party :flowers:

One (Elisabeth looks really sweet in this) ~ Two

I didn't mind the bridesmaid's outfits although their shoes were a little old ladyish for me.

Thanks!! I don't get the fuss either. I think they look fine. AFAIC the worst Bridal Attendants outfits I have ever seen were those awful outfits worn by the kids at Earl Spencer's First Wedding. I have always felt so sorry for Prince Harry having those pictures to come back to haunt him.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Any video about the wedding?

Besides just radiating joy and love, the bride had the most beautifully placed tiara and veil I have ever seen. The tiara was perfect as it is a series of e,s and air called the Elisabeth tiara!
The attendants outfits were really unfortunate as they didn't follow the brides very light and ethereal look. Maybe their outfits had some sort of historical significance?

A pity that we didn't get to see more pictures of the guests. I did see Archduchess Anne Garbrielle and a few others. No Marella Agnelli it seems. But her grandson - ELkann (not Lapo) + his Borromeo wife, and her granddaughter Ginevra Elkann + husband & son were there. I suppose that Margeritha Agnelli/ the Pahlens weren't there?

I think alot of the identifying of people in pictures was done by Belgium, Dutch etc press who may not recognize all of the guests and there were alot of guests and Marella, Margherita, etc possibly got missed.

Here are some Pahlens (Tatiana, Sofia, Serge?) plus Ginevra in the Getty photos

Guests attend the wedding of Prince Amedeo Of Belgium and Elisabetta... News Photo 451745630 | Getty Images

Guests attend the wedding of Prince Amedeo Of Belgium and Elisabetta... News Photo 451745580 | Getty Images

Giovanni Gaetani Dell'Aquila D'Aragona wife Ginevra Elkann and their... News Photo 451745572 | Getty Images

Since her younger son is with her, it is possible Ginevra's older son is an attendant and possibly Maria's or Jaki's children too.

Elisabetta Rosboch von Wolkenstein arrives with her father Ettore... News Photo 451728212 | Getty Images

There are people who say they saw more Luxembourg royals than are pictured and there is a picture of AD Gabriella Austria sneaking into a nearly cafe to see the score on the football game besides what looks to be Pr Constantine of Luxembourg.

RoyalDish - Engagement of Prince Amedeo and Elisabetta Maria Rosboch von Wolkenstein - page 10

Nicholas of Romania was suppose to be there but is not in the pictures, and people have identified the Lignes in the background of pictures.

One person who was definitely there was AD/Pr Amedeo's Sister AD/Pss Maria Luisa of Belgium but I have not seen a picture identifying her at the wedding just the rehearsal. But I think she is the one holding Lili's dress.

Trastevere, nozze romane per i reali del Belgio - 1 di 17 - Roma - Repubblica.it

Arco-Zinnberg girls
Guests attend the wedding of Prince Amedeo Of Belgium and Elisabetta... News Photo 451745532 | Getty Images

I wonder if Lili's boss Michael Bloomberg attended the wedding?

BTW, I am not surprised that Princess Beatrice was there. I remember reading several years ago that she and Amedeo had become friends during his student years in England.

Last edited:
I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but the rings pillow was a gift from Pope Francis when they went to Vatican shortly before the engagement announcement. All the thousands of couples who attended that meeting reveiced this gift from the Pope. I went to a wedding a months ago and the couple used the same pillow.

What about Princess Léa ? i dont see in any Photo?

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but the rings pillow was a gift from Pope Francis when they went to Vatican shortly before the engagement announcement. All the thousands of couples who attended that meeting reveiced this gift from the Pope. I went to a wedding a months ago and the couple used the same pillow.

THANK YOU for the explanation. I was wondering why the ring pillow bore the Papal Coat-of-Arms and now I know.

Lili was a lovely bride. Her dress won't go on my "Best" list, but I did love her veil and earrings. As for the venue, the Villa Medici by twilight has to top all other Royal wedding venues I have ever seen...so incredibly beautiful!:whistling:

Princess lea belongs to the law Court we say in Belgium.
It is only with Prince Laurent and Princess Claire she is closed.She attended the twins first communion
I think I never saw pictures of her with King Philippe's and Princess Astrid 's families.
I was surprised abd glad to see her for the first time with the Royals for the Defilé Militaire on July 21 th. Will she be this year?

Princess lea belongs to the law Court we say in Belgium.
It is only with Prince Laurent and Princess Claire she is closed.She attended the twins first communion
I think I never saw pictures of her with King Philippe's and Princess Astrid 's families.
I was surprised abd glad to see her for the first time with the Royals for the Defilé Militaire on July 21 th. Will she be this year?

here the photo

7-21-13. MYROYALS FASHİON | Royals - Belgium 3 - Abdication & Inau…

I was shocked to see ps Marie Christine born of Luxembourg. She looks like an old lady and all bent over

She and her husband had both any information about the dress code !

Back
Top Bottom