The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-06-2014, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Any video about the wedding?

Old 07-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Besides just radiating joy and love, the bride had the most beautifully placed tiara and veil I have ever seen. The tiara was perfect as it is a series of e,s and air called the Elisabeth tiara!
The attendants outfits were really unfortunate as they didn't follow the brides very light and ethereal look. Maybe their outfits had some sort of historical significance?

Old 07-07-2014, 03:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
A pity that we didn't get to see more pictures of the guests. I did see Archduchess Anne Garbrielle and a few others. No Marella Agnelli it seems. But her grandson - ELkann (not Lapo) + his Borromeo wife, and her granddaughter Ginevra Elkann + husband & son were there. I suppose that Margeritha Agnelli/ the Pahlens weren't there?
I think alot of the identifying of people in pictures was done by Belgium, Dutch etc press who may not recognize all of the guests and there were alot of guests and Marella, Margherita, etc possibly got missed.

Here are some Pahlens (Tatiana, Sofia, Serge?) plus Ginevra in the Getty photos

Guests attend the wedding of Prince Amedeo Of Belgium and Elisabetta... News Photo 451745630 | Getty Images

Guests attend the wedding of Prince Amedeo Of Belgium and Elisabetta... News Photo 451745580 | Getty Images

Giovanni Gaetani Dell'Aquila D'Aragona wife Ginevra Elkann and their... News Photo 451745572 | Getty Images

Since her younger son is with her, it is possible Ginevra's older son is an attendant and possibly Maria's or Jaki's children too.

Elisabetta Rosboch von Wolkenstein arrives with her father Ettore... News Photo 451728212 | Getty Images

There are people who say they saw more Luxembourg royals than are pictured and there is a picture of AD Gabriella Austria sneaking into a nearly cafe to see the score on the football game besides what looks to be Pr Constantine of Luxembourg.

RoyalDish - Engagement of Prince Amedeo and Elisabetta Maria Rosboch von Wolkenstein - page 10

Nicholas of Romania was suppose to be there but is not in the pictures, and people have identified the Lignes in the background of pictures.

One person who was definitely there was AD/Pr Amedeo's Sister AD/Pss Maria Luisa of Belgium but I have not seen a picture identifying her at the wedding just the rehearsal. But I think she is the one holding Lili's dress.

Trastevere, nozze romane per i reali del Belgio - 1 di 17 - Roma - Repubblica.it

Arco-Zinnberg girls
Guests attend the wedding of Prince Amedeo Of Belgium and Elisabetta... News Photo 451745532 | Getty Images
Old 07-07-2014, 03:22 AM
Majesty

I wonder if Lili's boss Michael Bloomberg attended the wedding?

BTW, I am not surprised that Princess Beatrice was there. I remember reading several years ago that she and Amedeo had become friends during his student years in England.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:50 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Thanks for those pictures Ceallagh!

None of the Habsburg main line seems to have attended.

A short clip from RTL:

Famille royale: Lili a dit oui Ã* Amedeo - Vidéo - RTL Vidéos
Old 07-07-2014, 04:11 AM
Nobility

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but the rings pillow was a gift from Pope Francis when they went to Vatican shortly before the engagement announcement. All the thousands of couples who attended that meeting reveiced this gift from the Pope. I went to a wedding a months ago and the couple used the same pillow.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:39 AM
Commoner

What about Princess Léa ? i dont see in any Photo?
Old 07-07-2014, 06:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post
I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but the rings pillow was a gift from Pope Francis when they went to Vatican shortly before the engagement announcement. All the thousands of couples who attended that meeting reveiced this gift from the Pope. I went to a wedding a months ago and the couple used the same pillow.
THANK YOU for the explanation. I was wondering why the ring pillow bore the Papal Coat-of-Arms and now I know.

Lili was a lovely bride. Her dress won't go on my "Best" list, but I did love her veil and earrings. As for the venue, the Villa Medici by twilight has to top all other Royal wedding venues I have ever seen...so incredibly beautiful!
Old 07-07-2014, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess lea belongs to the law Court we say in Belgium.
It is only with Prince Laurent and Princess Claire she is closed.She attended the twins first communion
I think I never saw pictures of her with King Philippe's and Princess Astrid 's families.
I was surprised abd glad to see her for the first time with the Royals for the Defilé Militaire on July 21 th. Will she be this year?
Old 07-07-2014, 09:28 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Princess lea belongs to the law Court we say in Belgium.
It is only with Prince Laurent and Princess Claire she is closed.She attended the twins first communion
I think I never saw pictures of her with King Philippe's and Princess Astrid 's families.
I was surprised abd glad to see her for the first time with the Royals for the Defilé Militaire on July 21 th. Will she be this year?

here the photo

7-21-13. MYROYALS FASHİON | Royals - Belgium 3 - Abdication & Inau…
Old 07-07-2014, 09:44 AM
Heir Apparent

I was shocked to see ps Marie Christine born of Luxembourg. She looks like an old lady and all bent over
Old 07-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

She and her husband had both any information about the dress code !
Old 07-07-2014, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Not only them, apparently, many guests didn't seem to have received very clear informations.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Or maybe there was no clear dress code? Maybe the bridal couple did not mind the various dress styles of their guests? I sometimes think that many royal watchers are more concerned about these things that the royals themselves.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceallach View Post
There are people who say they saw more Luxembourg royals than are pictured and there is a picture of AD Gabriella Austria sneaking into a nearly cafe to see the score on the football game besides what looks to be Pr Constantine of Luxembourg.

RoyalDish - Engagement of Prince Amedeo and Elisabetta Maria Rosboch von Wolkenstein - page 10

Nicholas of Romania was suppose to be there but is not in the pictures, and people have identified the Lignes in the background of pictures.
That's not Prince Constantin of Nassau but JC de Lantsheere.

You can see Prince Nicholas in many of the church pictures. He is seated next to the aisle on the same side as the family of the groom.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:43 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Some clips for VTM's royalty:

- AD Lorenz and Mr. Rosboch meeting the press. Apparently Lorenz was the last to know :
Lorenz openhartig over Amedeo | VTM

- The guests arriving & a short clip of the entry of the bride. With small interviews with relatives, among them Pss Margaretha of Luxembourg, who calls her new niece 'adorable':
http://vtm.be/royalty/sprookjeshuwel...amedeo-en-lili

- Fashion of the guests:
Wie draagt wat? | VTM
Old 07-08-2014, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

do Amedeo and Elisabetta speak italian or french to each other?
Old 07-08-2014, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
John Philip Elkann and his wife Lavinia Borromeo Arese Taverna were also attending:

Dagospia

(Do not visit this website if nudity offends you)
Old 07-08-2014, 11:51 AM
Majesty

It seemed to me a perfect wedding. The setting of the Villa Medici for the wedding dinner, with it's spectacular nighttime views of the city of Rome just left me speechless.

I wish I had been there!
Old 07-09-2014, 10:55 AM
Nobility

No official photos??

Tags
amedeo, archduchess elisabetta, archduke amedeo, elisabetta, prince & archduke amedeo, prince amedeo, princess & archduchess elisabetta, princess elisabetta, rome, wedding