Prince Amedeo of Belgium and Elisabetta Rosboch, 5 July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:
Not only them, apparently, many guests didn't seem to have received very clear informations.

:previous:Or maybe there was no clear dress code? Maybe the bridal couple did not mind the various dress styles of their guests? I sometimes think that many royal watchers are more concerned about these things that the royals themselves.

There are people who say they saw more Luxembourg royals than are pictured and there is a picture of AD Gabriella Austria sneaking into a nearly cafe to see the score on the football game besides what looks to be Pr Constantine of Luxembourg.

RoyalDish - Engagement of Prince Amedeo and Elisabetta Maria Rosboch von Wolkenstein - page 10

Nicholas of Romania was suppose to be there but is not in the pictures, and people have identified the Lignes in the background of pictures.
That's not Prince Constantin of Nassau but JC de Lantsheere.

You can see Prince Nicholas in many of the church pictures. He is seated next to the aisle on the same side as the family of the groom.

do Amedeo and Elisabetta speak italian or french to each other?

John Philip Elkann and his wife Lavinia Borromeo Arese Taverna were also attending:

Dagospia

(Do not visit this website if nudity offends you)

It seemed to me a perfect wedding. The setting of the Villa Medici for the wedding dinner, with it's spectacular nighttime views of the city of Rome just left me speechless.

I wish I had been there!:p

Since her younger son is with her, it is possible Ginevra's older son is an attendant and possibly Maria's or Jaki's children too.

Yes, Giacomo, Ginevra's older son was an attendant, and I think I spotted John Elkann's sons as well. They are related to Lili through the Caracciolo line. The bride's father being Marella Agnelli's half brother, I believe.

Does anybody know where the bride went to high school and college?

Thanks!

Are there any pictures from the reception at Villa Medici? It really was a perfect wedding.

Is it just me, or do the bride and the groom's mother rather resemble each other?

I noticed it , too!! The picture where Princess Astrid congratulates the couple outside the Church is quite incredible: I would have said she was the bride's mother!

Last edited:
I noticed that Mathilde wore the same earrings she wore on her own wedding day. It must have been nice to watch Elisabetta wearing the same tiara as well.

This must have been a very romantic wedding. Rome is the perfect set!
Congratulations to the happy couple and to their families! :flowers:
The Valentino wedding gown looks stunning! So, does the bride have a title? (before the marriage I mean)

Elisabetta's Father

Could someone explain why she and he have this German last name when his father/her grandfather was an Italian nobie?

I have read various reports about whether he was from a second marriage or from an unmarried relationship. But if it's the latter then how is he Nobile? Isn't that a title for younger sons of titled Italian nobles and wouldn't he have to be a "legitimate" descendant to have it?

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Wedding Gown of the Day: July 7

I thought this wedding gown was very beautiful, lovely, and elegant. I love the sleeves, the skirt, and the veil. My favorite part of the dress is definitely the veil. The jewels were also very beautiful. I do not have any faults about this dress. Though I think the dress is beautiful, I do not think it's memorable or one of my favorites.

Lili's dress is growing on me. It will never make my Top list but there is no denying what an elegant and lovely bride she made.

She and Amadeo are a perfect couple.:whistling:

:previous: I agree . Not my best bride but sure is very chic and elegant.:)

Funny how we can look at the same dress and all have different opinions. I find the dress one of the prettiest recent royal wedding dresses. I prefer it over these heavy and elaborate Elie Saab gowns of the Lux. princesses for example. It was perfect for the bride and the season of the year.

The sketch is nice the actual dress is nothing spectacular.

I think the veil was spectacular. But Valentino has the same problem Elie Saab has...all his designs look alike!:ermm:

Lili was a pretty bride but a completely forgettable one, for me at least.

Same design for the lace of Princess Lilli's dress as Queen Paola Mosselman du Chenoy wedding Veil . Well done !

I first Elisabetta's gown did not impress me but now I love it, and it is one of my favorites. It's regal, timeless, and simply beautiful. I can picture myself in this dress.

Back
Top Bottom