The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-06-2014, 06:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I was highly impressed by the Dowager Archduchess Margherita of Austria-Este born Princess of Savoie -Aoste.
Born in 1933 she is now 81 years old.
She entered the Church just after Queen Paola and King Albert with her son Archduke Martin.
She was dressed in white and pink/fuschia. Absolutely not matronly but great for her old age.
Alas no picture of her , she was also the grandmother and no picture of her 4 other Children : Marie-Beatrice (silver dress) , Gerhard , Martin and Isabelle.(great pearl necklace)
Sitting on the second row , lucky I could see them.

Old 07-06-2014, 06:50 AM
Majesty

the bride looked very pretty, i guess valentino dresses for royal weddings are in full fashion at the moment! i thought lili's was beautiful and elegant. the tiara is gorgeous - good choice. it is apparently loaned by queen paola to the bride, which i find very fitting, as paola must be thrilled that her granddaughter in law is italian like herself. :) do we know which tiara it is?

On the guests front:
yes, it looks like beatrice was there!
http://www.altezzareale.com/2014/07/...#comment-41784
i thought princesses annunciata and marie astrid of liechtenstein looked good, less so for their habsbourg cousins...

where did the banquet take place? has lili gotten the title of princess now that she is married or will continue to be lili rosboch?

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-06-2014, 07:17 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
the bride looked very pretty, i guess valentino dresses for royal weddings are in full fashion at the moment! i thought lili's was beautiful and elegant. the tiara is gorgeous - good choice. it is apparently loaned by queen paola to the bride, which i find very fitting, as paola must be thrilled that her granddaughter in law is italian like herself. :) do we know which tiara it is?
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Queen Elisabeth's Diamond Bandeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
I was highly impressed by the Dowager Archduchess Margherita of Austria-Este born Princess of Savoie -Aoste.
She entered the Church just after Queen Paola and King Albert with her son Archduke Martin.
She was dressed in white and pink/fuschia. Absolutely not matronly but great for her old age.
Alas no picture of her , she was also the grandmother and no picture of her 4 other Children : Marie-Beatrice (silver dress) , Gerhard , Martin and Isabelle.(great pearl necklace)
Sitting on the second row , lucky I could see them.
http://royalhats.files.wordpress.com...a-29.jpg?w=869
Old 07-06-2014, 07:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Great thanks Spheno !
Old 07-06-2014, 07:45 AM
Aristocracy

Gazet van Antwerpen has today a beautiful galery:
Prins Amedeo trouwt met Lili
Old 07-06-2014, 09:03 AM
Courtier

Elisabetta is gorgeous! . Congratulations to the whole family!.

The whole Belgian Royal family looks great!!

By the way, What title did Elisabetta recieve?
Old 07-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

According to this tweet, the banquet took place at Villa Medici

Place Royale C'est à la Villa Médicis que s'est tenue la fête après le mariage d'Amedeo et Lili pic.twitter.com/nkBgODb3hi
Old 07-06-2014, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikha Pal View Post
Elisabetta is gorgeous! . Congratulations to the whole family!.

The whole Belgian Royal family looks great!!

By the way, What title did Elisabetta recieve?
Donna Elisabetta did not receive a title neither did she acquire Belgian nobility by her marriage. She is already an aristocrat anyway. The social custom however is that female spouses of titled gentlemen can be addressed by their husband's title(s). As the Palace has not issued any communiqué on this matter, she can be referred as Archduchess Elisabetta of Austria-Este or Princess Elisabetta of Belgium, depending on the occasion
Old 07-06-2014, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Here are some more picture galleries:

** dpp: Wedding of Belgian Prince Amedeo and Lili **

** pm: Mariage d'Amedeo et Elisabetta : la famille royale réunie **

** pp: Prince Amedeo de Belgique et Elisabetta : Mariage romantique en Italie ! **

** diezminutos.es: Los Reyes belgas y su familia, estrellas en la boda de su sobrino Amadeo **
Old 07-06-2014, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Just a small correction: Archduchess Margherita is 84 now, being born in 1930. Her sister Maria Cristina (Princess Casimir of Bourbon-Two Sicilies) is the one born in 1933.
Btw, I agree that Archduchess Margherita looked great. She is a truly royal lady.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
There is no announcement needed. Like any other female spouse who is married with a titled gentleman, also Donna Elisabetta can be addressed with her husband's title(s).

Had Donna Elisabetta married a Count De Brouchoven de Bergeyck, to name just a Belgian noble, then she could be styled as the Countess De Brouchoven de Bergeyck. It is as simple as that.
Anyone can address her however they wish, but whether they would be correct is a different matter.

Social custom as regards nobility does not in all cases pertain to royalty. At this moment, the only certain fact is that Elisabetta does not legally possess the title of Princess of Belgium. Whether the Belgian court will address her as a princess in spite of this, or whether she will be granted the title in the future, is unknown.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Anyone can address her however they wish, but whether they would be correct is a different matter.

Social custom as regards nobility does not in all cases pertain to royalty. At this moment, the only certain fact is that Elisabetta does not legally possess the title of Princess of Belgium. Whether the Belgian court will address her as a princess in spite of this, or whether she will be granted the title in the future, is unknown.
It is not about legality because Elisabetta will never be a Princess of Belgium unless she is bestowed that title. It is about social custom. Fabiola, Paola and Mathilde are also no Queens in their own right but are addressed with their spouse's style anyway. A few posts ago I have given an example of an official communiqué by the Belgian Government in which to Lea Wolman was referred as "S.A.R. la Princesse Léa". Of course it is always optional how you call someone. When you address Mathilde as "Mevrouw" (Madame) it is equally perfect.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:18 PM
Serene Highness

Yet another gallery...

Wedding of Prince Amedeo and Elisabetta Maria Rosboch Von Wolkenstein | MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASHÄ°ON

There's a nice picture of Princess Beatrice in this one. Is it just me, or do the bride and the groom's mother rather resemble each other?

Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-06-2014, 01:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It is not about legality because Elisabetta will never be a Princess of Belgium unless she is bestowed that title. It is about social custom. Fabiola, Paola and Mathilde are also no Queens in their own right but are addressed with their spouse's style anyway. A few posts ago I have given an example of an official communiqué by the Belgian Government in which to Lea Wolman was referred as "S.A.R. la Princesse Léa". Of course it is always optional how you call someone. When you address Mathilde as "Mevrouw" (Madame) it is equally perfect.
It is certainly plausible that the Belgian court shall do as you expect, but we cannot know with certitude. Léa is a princess by law, given the royal decree of 1891, while Elisabetta is not.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:17 PM
Serene Highness

Could anyone recognize this young man?
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...64_634x572.jpg
Old 07-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Lili looked wonderful. They are a nice couple. My favourite photos from the wedding are:

Elisabeth and Louise
Lili waves to the crowds
I presume the man is Lili's father
Lili and Amedeo in the church
Lili and Amedeo are showered with rice as fans take photos of them
The kiss

And some more editions:

The sketch of Lili's wedding dress
A full view of Lili's veil
The rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Are there any up close pictures of the Bridal Party? I haven't seen any yet and want to see what everyone's talking about. Thanks to all who have shared links. Much appreciated!! :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Here are some clearer photos of the bridal party

One (Elisabeth looks really sweet in this) ~ Two

I didn't mind the bridesmaid's outfits although their shoes were a little old ladyish for me.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Great selection of photos,I think my favourite is the one of Elisabetta and her father from inside the church.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:28 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Yes, that's one of my most favourites too. It has a lovely, warm feeling to it.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-06-2014, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the outfits of the little Princesses, they are really beautiful !
Old 07-06-2014, 07:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Lili looked wonderful. They are a nice couple. My favourite photos from the wedding are:

Elisabeth and Louise

Lili waves to the crowds

I presume the man is Lili's father

Lili and Amedeo in the church

Lili and Amedeo are showered with rice as fans take photos of them

The kiss

And some more editions:

The sketch of Lili's wedding dress

A full view of Lili's veil

The rings

Here are some clearer photos of the bridal party

One (Elisabeth looks really sweet in this) ~ Two

I didn't mind the bridesmaid's outfits although their shoes were a little old ladyish for me.

Thanks!! I don't get the fuss either. I think they look fine. AFAIC the worst Bridal Attendants outfits I have ever seen were those awful outfits worn by the kids at Earl Spencer's First Wedding. I have always felt so sorry for Prince Harry having those pictures to come back to haunt him.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Tags
amedeo, archduchess elisabetta, archduke amedeo, elisabetta, prince & archduke amedeo, prince amedeo, princess & archduchess elisabetta, princess elisabetta, rome, wedding