Prince Amedeo of Belgium and Elisabetta Rosboch, 5 July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm waiting for the HQ pics...but it's a beautiful dress. is she wearing a tiara?
It's a pity she's not wearing the veil Paola Mathilde and Claire wore at their weddings...unless Mathilde is keeping it for her daughter now that she's Queen

I wonder which members of the Royal House of Savoy will attend.

Princess Bianca and her husband Count Giberto Arrivabene-Valenti-Gonzaga are there.

Is prince Guillaume there? Someone said yesterday he had been spotted in Rome...

I think the Prince and Princess of Ligne appear on one og those pictures.
There is also a pic of Archduchess Constanz of Austria and her husband Fürst Franz Josef of Auersperg-Trautson

Lili looks wonderful, I predicted that she would wear a lacy dress, since that seems to be a popular style for royal brides nowadays - Catherine, Stephanie, Madeleine and Claire of Luxembourg all wore lace dresses at their weddings.

It looks like Eleonore isn't a bridesmaid, since she is with her parents and brothers amongst the guests. She is adorable, I was hoping she would be amongst the bridal party...

All Things Royal @allthingsroyal · 3h
Rumours that Princess Beatrice of York will be in Rome today to attend wedding of Prince Amedeo of Belgium and Lili.

And the rumours have been confirmed, she was there. I assume the man whom she's with in the photos posted is Dave Clark. I wonder what her connection with Amedeo and Lili is. Amedeo did attend Sevenoaks School which is in the UK, so perhaps he met her whilst he was studying in England. I didn't realise that they knew the Borromeos either, I too wonder if Pierre and Beatrice will be at the wedding. I haven't seen any photos of them so far.

Wow! The resemblance between Maria Laura, Joachim and their mother is striking. I'd never noticed it before. Maria Laura is like a carbon copy of Astrid.

Do we know what tiara Elisabetta is wearing?

Queen Elizabeth Diamond Bandeau ???

According to a post in Queen Mathilde's jewellery thread, Lili's tiara is the same one that Mathilde wore at her own wedding. :flowers:

Thanks for sharing! The children in the bridal party look very sweet. I can see Elisabeth at the back, and I think the girl with brown hair at the front is Maria Laetitia.

Last edited:
Princess Mathilde wore Queen Paola's deco tiara as wedding tiara because hers , the only she had is a gift from the belgian Nobility which was not ready for the wedding.

Wonderful Valentino lace dress.
Great dresses but I don't like the flat hats !

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck to the happy couple, and the bride looks lovely,
but the guests look a mismatched mess ! The dress code must've been very unclear ?

Some in Morning suits, some in Lounge suits {for the men}. But the women- some in long, some in short, some in hats, some not...

Such a pity...

This makes make wonder if the art deco tiara will become the family's wedding tiara. But maybe Elisabetta was offered the choice between two or three tiaras, and she liked this one best? (The Savoy-Aosta tiara and the other tiara of Princess Magharita might have been other choices.)

As the relationship between the actual Royals and the former Royals is not that , I believe Queen Paola will never wear tiaras again (John of Arc hair) and gave her tiara to Princess Astrid who have no tiara of her own.

In March 1991, when Prince Alexandre married Léa Wolman, the royal decree of March 14, 1891 remained in effect. Pursuant to that decree, Léa became Princess Alexandre of Belgium.

In December 1991, the 1891 decree was abrogated by a new royal decree, pursuant to which the wife of a Belgian prince no longer acquires a royal title by virtue of marriage. Jonkvrouw Mathilde d'Udekem d'Acoz and Claire Coombs were thus granted royal titles in their own right.

Therefore, the case of Princess Alexandre is not a precedent.

Wikipedia says she's now HI&RH Princess Elisabetta of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria-Este, on the box that shows the members of the Royal Family.
Any announcement was made?
That is indeed speculative, as no announcement has been forthcoming. Furthermore, in Belgian official life the members of Princess Astrid's family are styled HRH, not HI&RH.

As the relationship between the actual Royals and the former Royals is not that , I believe Queen Paola will never wear tiaras again (John of Arc hair) and gave her tiara to Princess Astrid who have no tiara of her own.
Queen Paola's hair seems to be longer already. I think she just cut it so short to get rid of the colorized hair. She stopped coloring it after the abdication.

I still believe that Astrid already own the Savoy-Aosta tiara, or will inherit it at the death of her mil. After all Lorenz is the eldest son and should have the important jewels.

I still believe that Astrid already own the Savoy-Aosta tiara, or will inherit it at the death of her mil. After all Lorenz is the eldest son and should have the important jewels.
True but probably he will inherit it and not Astrid. Wonder waht will happen to the second smaller tiara. Probably this will go to Archduke Martin as his wife has already worn it. I think Astrid wore it never, at last i have never seen pics of her wearing it.

True but probably he will inherit it and not Astrid. Wonder waht will happen to the second smaller tiara. Probably this will go to Archduke Martin as his wife has already worn it. I think Astrid wore it never, at last i have never seen pics of her wearing it.
You are right about Lorenz inheriting it. I was just too lazy to type so much.

I also think that the other tiara will go to Martin. Didn't you see his wife Katharina wearing it at the Potsdam wedding? (I still envy you ;)).

Attendants outfits are really awful - I particularly feel sorry for the oldest boy. He will want to bury those pictures fort he rest of his life!

Agree the child attendants outfits are horrible. I think Amadeo's sister Louisa Maria must be the only older bridesmaid, I see her on some images in a floor length belted dress helping Elisabetta with her dress.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

You are right about Lorenz inheriting it. I was just too lazy to type so much.

I also think that the other tiara will go to Martin. Didn't you see his wife Katharina wearing it at the Potsdam wedding? (I still envy you ;)).

I saw her but it weas too dark to see much. And because it was too dark on my pics one can almost recoginze nothing because they became very unsharp.

Back
Top Bottom