Prince Ali and Rym al-Brahimi: 8 September 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you very much for your explanation Safaa Batin. I have learned something new now!

Rym Brahimi is a spitting image of her father ,the same skinny long face and dark hair,and her i guess younger brother,who's kneeling looks like her twin brother.She seems sort of pretty ,she's got a nice figure.
Her older bro on the left standing looks like their
mother.
BTW her mum doesn't look Arabic,is she from the US??
1614I.jpg

Last edited:
sommone said:
Rym's mother is croatian.
interesting,
thx for the info.
Hashim looks much younger than his age,he looks so gentle,i'm surprised he didn't bring his teddy bear for the photo shoot.:p

trish79nl said:
i love what rania is wearing, very elegant.
The dress of Rym I find it horrible. She looks like an old woman and very unhappy in it.
Still i think Ali also does not look very happy with his new wife. But I hope they will get very happy.

Kids will be cominge soon also right? because she is already pretty old.

I'm curious when hamzah is going to have his first baby.
I didn't see his wife bye the way?

I don't understand what the big deal is about Rym's age, really...Maybe because I'm looking at from a late 20 something/almost 30 in a couple of years, or maybe because many of you are barely out of your teens, I don't know. I know there are woman her age or older that still do not have children. Thirty-four is not old at all. Let them enjoy being married before the prospect of having children. Maybe it's my eyes, but all of the recent pictures I have come across with Ali and Rym in them together, they look really happy. I guess it's all in the eyes or something.

Bubbette said:
What is that woman on the far right wearing! And is that Raiyah and Iman on the left?
you mean the woman in white? thats princess zein. the outfit would look better if she hadn't gained all that weight in all the wrong places.
and yes, thats iman and raiyah on the left

The Washington Post

A royal party: After former CNN Baghdad correspondent Rym Brahimi wed
Prince Ali of Jordan in a private ceremony, they held a blowout
(complete with fireworks) in Amman last week. Held on a cliff
overlooking the Dead Sea, the celebration attracted more than 500 of
the couple's closet -- and luckiest -- friends Thursday night. Royal
family members included King Abdullah, Ali's half-brother, and his
wife Queen Rania, Crown Prince Hamza, Princess Haya and Queen Noor.
Also attending were friends of Rym's father, U.N. diplomat Lakhdar
Brahimi, and many CNNers. Among them: Pentagon correspondent Barbara
Starr, chief Baghdad bureau chief Jane Arraf, CNN International
anchor Fionnuala Sweeney and chief news exec Eason Jordan and his
steady date, Marianne Pearl.

So maybe they wanted some privacy...I can understand that. I would loved to have seen the pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
you're welcome:)

I couldnt find Ali and Rym's wedding thread for some reason so I'll post these pics from their wedding here

Rym was very nice in her wedding , from where did you get them , very cute couple:) ;) :rolleyes: :)

Thanks so much for posting these pictures. I never saw rym's wedding gown up close and have to say I think it is beautiful. She looks like a mediaeval princess in it, very fragile and modest. I think this dress is so much nicer that the stark white puffed up gowns that royals sometimes wear. Rym isn't a great beauty but she is shining in these pictures and looks like a happy, graceful, radiant bride and PA looks so proud to have her by his side.

I have to say I didn't rate what QR wore. She looks a bit too 'bare' in that dress. Whilst I think she is stunning 9 times out of 10, this dress seems a bit over the top for a wedding and the high gloss, high octane glamour she has since becoming queen could have been toned down, especially as it was quite traditional wedding, style wise.

I think Princess Rym and Prince Ali look genuinely happy and their children will be lucky to grow up in a happy home.

lizz70 said:
Thanks so much for posting these pictures. I never saw rym's wedding gown up close and have to say I think it is beautiful. She looks like a mediaeval princess in it, very fragile and modest. I think this dress is so much nicer that the stark white puffed up gowns that royals sometimes wear. Rym isn't a great beauty but she is shining in these pictures and looks like a happy, graceful, radiant bride and PA looks so proud to have her by his side.

I have to say I didn't rate what QR wore. She looks a bit too 'bare' in that dress. Whilst I think she is stunning 9 times out of 10, this dress seems a bit over the top for a wedding and the high gloss, high octane glamour she has since becoming queen could have been toned down, especially as it was quite traditional wedding, style wise.

I think Princess Rym and Prince Ali look genuinely happy and their children will be lucky to grow up in a happy home.

I couldn't have said it better myself, everything you said was spot on!!
P Rym looked fantastic, absolutely radiant, and P Ali looks like the cat who got the cream, and so he should!:cool:

It would have been nice if QRania had worn a more traditional outfit, in fitting with the theme. (Take note from P Hashim!;) )

As for P Haya, yeah, she wore a traditional outfit but, um, its not the most flattering. I think its time to sack the stylist!! (oh well, at least she looked great on her own wedding!)

Totally agree with you about PH's dress. When someone has olive skin, it needs warm colours, not cool grey! I think that colour grey would have been very difficult for any woman to look good in, except maybe someone with Scandinavian blonde colouring.

Rania would have looked so much nicer in traditional dress - especially those Palestinian/Jordanian embroidered dresses which are gorgeous.

I am glad to say that none of the royal ladies outshone the bride though - Rym looked so lovely and it isn't just an outer beauty thing either. I think from her photos you can see the warmth is from inside. The JRF should be proud to have her in their ranks.

i think her wedding dress is very orientalic

I was just reading La la's post about the party afterwards, and it says that Marianne Pearl was a guest. Is that the same Marianne who was married to Daniel Pearl? If so, the world is a very small place (or maybe not, if you work in the news world).

iowabelle said:
I was just reading La la's post about the party afterwards, and it says that Marianne Pearl was a guest. Is that the same Marianne who was married to Daniel Pearl? If so, the world is a very small place (or maybe not, if you work in the news world).
I'm sure it is. She's writing a book about women and is travelling all over the world. I doubt there are two Marianne Pearls.

I can´t see some pics.

I M Algerian also, but i did never know tht rym is croate beside to be algerian!

rym's mom is wearing an Algerian kaftan and this is the first time that i know thzat she is croate, ,famous people in algeria don't make their lives known!

The dress Princess Rym wore at her wedding was a traditional caucasian dress. :)

Back
Top Bottom