Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock: Civil Wedding - July 1, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol, seems you chose photos where they are deliberately not smiling.

Yes, because I can´t understand why in so many photos the relatives of Albert looked like the day was the worst in their lives. They have been in front of the camera for so long that they know the PR-work is important.

The royal guests saw the concert and fireworks from the balcony of the Hotel Hermitage, were they attended a reception.
Mette Marit left to her hotel alone before the concert was ended.
Her er Mette-Marit på vei hjem fra festen - kjendis - Dagbladet.no

Last edited by a moderator:
CONGRATULATIONS to Prince Albert and Princess Charlene, the Grimaldis and the Monegasques!

Wow I certainly wish I have some people here's ability to draw profound conclusions about the state of a person's feelings or a couple's relationship based simply on some photos and videos. I understand criticisms, as when people here criticize royals for being lazy, vain, opportunists and substantiate those criticisms with, for instance, the number of engagements they have, etc. Proof that goes beyond photos. I don't understand unsubstantiated criticisms though and especially when articulated in a mean-spiritied manner. That just does nothing except show spite, jealousy or bitterness.

And as to Charlotte with her best days behind her, she looks better with little makeup like in casual events or during her horsejumping events. I imagine she looks really young if we see her without makeup. Look at Pauline. She looks way older than her age and that's largely due to cosmetics. I suppose it is a testament to how physically beautiful a person really is when someone who looks like Charlotte did at the wedding is said to have her best days behind her! :eek:

Anyway congratulations again to the couple. I never thought I'd see the day Prince Albert gets married. :D He's had a colorful past but he settled down with her, call me a fool but that has to mean something still, doesn't it?

Yes, because I can´t understand why in so many photos the relatives of Albert looked like the day was the worst in their lives. They have been in front of the camera for so long that they know the PR-work is important.

I understand your thoughts on that, there were lots of shots with serious face expressions, but it is quite
understandable: several thousands of pictures were taken during the events, it is nearly impossible to look
good on each, a permanent smile is quite hard to keep and would maybe even look fake then.
I guess we'll see the same today, both bad and good shots.

Here are two galleries from Bauer Griffin via zimbio:

** Royals come together for pre-wedding concert ** Monaco royals throw a pre-wedding party **

Um...The French news publication which reported the runaway story is a HIGHLY credible and reputable one, as are the journalists who reported the story. I find it refreshing that certain serious media outlets are focusing on the true substance of Monaco, not the surface, glossy PR spin and rhetoric.

Unfortunately since his ascendion to the throne Prince Albert has worked hard and successfully towards ending any money-laundering in Monaco and has been recognized by the EU for that. As for the tax "cheats" - it is very difficult in Monaco not to be found out when you take up residence there to avoid paying taxes as they regularily check energy and wanter bills and interrogate staff (who face severe punishment when helping tax cheaters) if a person really stays for 180 days a year in Monaco... So what's the "true substance" of Monaco who as part of the UN and EU actively fights for the resuce of the environment and against squandering the natural resources of the world.

Firstly I think that Albert is a 53 year old bachelor who never thought he'd get married and was as awkward and uncomfortable as many other grooms, royal or not. That did not stop him smiling and winking at his bride through the very short civil wedding.

charlene looked shy and a little overawed and seated as they were it was always going to look awkward, holding hands being a little difficult but her gentle smiles in return of his winks was charming. Regardless of whether this is a love match or a business one it is obvious that there is affection and warmth. Charlene's outfit was a little disappointing although the lack of a hat did allow everyone to see her face throughout the ceremony. I loved the colour of the jacket and pants suit and thought it made her eyes look amazing. She is a very attractive woman.

Caroline looked like she was attending a funeral and, in a way she was, that of Caroline, First Lady of Monaco. For such an elegant woman to turn up to her brother's wedding sporting the sort of beach hat that screams "tourist" and "sensible" tourist shoes, seems to me to be her way of showing her lack of support for her brother and his bride. Her daughter, looking petulant and bored and sported an equally inappropriate hat and dress for such a noted young international fashionista. Her brothers looked uniformly unimpressed and it was left to Alexandra, dressed in a less than flattering dress, to look genuinely happy and smile radiantly when her Uncle arrived.

Stephanie's tears were a surprise and I am hoping they were of happiness. Her dress and hair were both flattering and appropriate. Far more acceptable from a woman who is more often eclipsed by her older sister. There was no chance of that here.

I hope Albert and Charlene are happy and this marriage brings them everything they ever hoped it would.

PS. For all those who have negatively compared this ceremony to the Cambridge wedding, please remember this is just the civil marriage. If you still feel the same after the real deal today . . . . . . get over it.

and I am hoping they were of happiness

Why wouldn't they be?

Personally, I cant understand how people can draw such negative impressions from the footage that's been shown. It's like I watched an entirely different service.

What I witnessed was a family genuinely happy for their brother and uncle and a bride clearly in awe of the occasion.

As for talk of Caroline being unimpressed by the match and marriage, I think it's all nonsense myself.

They could have chosen any musical group in the world to perform a concert especially for them on their wedding day, and they chose The Eagles???:blink::yuk:

They could have chosen any musical group in the world to perform a concert especially for them on their wedding day, and they chose The Eagles???:blink::yuk:

The Eagles performed on Thursday, yesterday was the concert of Jean-Michel Jarre.

I love Eagles:whistling: :p
Crown Princess Mary's coral(?) dress was greaaat! She is a really beautiful and happy woman. She always smiles on camera nad she seems polite and sweet. Caroline and Charlotte wore the same dresses they wore in the civil wedding. I'm wondering why. Stephanie changed, but i cannot see it well. It's sth black, isn't it. Charlene's light blue dress is the same she wore at her civil wedding? Anyway, she is such a nice and elegant lady!
And Louis is becoming more and more handsome as he grows:wub:

There was a different party for the royals who had already arrived.

What a beautiful pearl and diamond necklace she is wearing!

Some pictures of the civil wedding & the evening event:
The 2 sisters, Louis and Char: http://i55.tinypic.com/9bem1u.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/drb6l0.jpg

The nephews: http://i53.tinypic.com/vhg67r.jpg

Charlene chatting with her Maid of Honor Donatella Knecht de Massy after her civil wedding at the Palace Square in Monaco:
http://i56.tinypic.com/27x0le.jpg

Charlotte chatting with her, too: http://i53.tinypic.com/se2aom.jpg

Edit: Another gallery:
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/173...ne-wittstock-hollywood-friday-father-rain.htm

For the wedding preparations:
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/167...for-royal-wedding-of-prince-albert-photos.htm

Last edited:
Well I answered my own question about Stephanie it's cause all the footage out there is edited. Oh well hopefully the full thing eventually surfaces. I am so excited for tomorrow cannot believe I'm getting up at 6am for this though.

Why have we never seen Donatella before?
She seems a lovely young girl.
The same with Antoine...

Of course I hope everybody has a happy life. Including the couple: Albert and Charlene.
I am not anglo-saxon, nor am I "hung up" on the English wedding. That was one thing, one day, this is another. Even the age bracket is different. However, having followed (and loved) the Grimaldi family since Rainier´s and Grace´s wedding, and all the happy and sad (even dramatic events), I can´t believe this couple. Something just doesn´t clinch IMO. I hope I´m totally wrong and that they will stay together for years and years.
Since this is a forum where people are expected to tend respectfully their opinions, I´m daring to state mine. No disrespect meant, no bad vibes, etc... Unfortunately life is not a fairy tale. And it certainly hasn´t been for this family.

Carminha Stalker - several people here have, for some time, found that they "can't believe this couple".

There is nothing wrong with believing - or not believing - that this is a "genuine" couple.

Whatever "genuine" is - or is not - perhaps nobody knows or will know in the future.

The couple themselves may - or may not - know themselves or one another.

As a C of E minister, I have had to officiate at many weddings, and often, despite much time spent with a couple, one is clueless about the nature of that relationship.

And possibly they don't either.

Wow so she actually turned up? I suppose tho that she didn't have much choice in the matter apparently.

Sorry but I've yet to see a couple who are so awkward in one another's presence. Just doesn't seem right to me.

New PurePeople gallery: Stephanie and her children at the concert, and Caroline and her children at the concert. There are some pics of Pierre + Beatrice and Charlotte + Alex.

It's easy to tell things just by looking at some pics, but watching at this gallery, I felt that Stephanie and her kids were very lonely. It doesn't seem that there is any link between them and Caroline and her family.

Edit: these are the first pics of Beatrice's appearance at the civil wedding that I see, and she was amazing.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't they be?

Personally, I cant understand how people can draw such negative impressions from the footage that's been shown. It's like I watched an entirely different service.

What I witnessed was a family genuinely happy for their brother and uncle and a bride clearly in awe of the occasion.

As for talk of Caroline being unimpressed by the match and marriage, I think it's all nonsense myself.

Totally agree with you, I was watching the wedding on youtube and no way is that fake. It's just so sad that certain people have to be so mean-spirited, just because of their petty jealousies.

Anyway many congratulations to the happy couple.

As it's been said before: opinions can differ, but please stay respectful towards each other!

Monaco Royal Wedding: Charlene becomes Her Serene Highness - CityOut Monaco

NOBODY SMILED AT ALL. It is NOT tradition to keep a sombre face throughout, (..). It is supposed to be a solemn BUT HAPPPPYYYY occasion ... and no one smiled at all !! At the end, Charlene and Albert maybe smiled a bit --- but her parents and his family --- NOTHING!!!

And how awful is it that his own children were not permitted to attend???

I wish them congratulations, but I also wish them every happiness and I hope they find it in their marriage.

~Evangeline~

LovelyKate - thanks for the images last evening.

July 1st is also the day when Stephanie married Daniel in 1995.

No wonder she is upset on some images and clips...

Totally agree with you, I was watching the wedding on youtube and no way is that fake. It's just so sad that certain people have to be so mean-spirited, just because of their petty jealousies.

Anyway many congratulations to the happy couple.

I just have to say this, I wish Albert and Charlene all the happiness in the world, although they didnt seem very happy yesterday. And I think its cruel of you to say that we are jealous just because we see this wedding diffrently!

Back
Top Bottom