Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock: Church Wedding - July 2, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's a link on page 42 of this thread,Whiskers.It's from a Finnish site

Yes, European Royalty, seemed to be more welcome here. They were, even, invited to all the festivities. Unlike the British snobbery. They didn't have to go to someone's home to get dinner.

Were the visiting/invited royals responsible for their lodging, or did the State take care of these expenses? As seen during the festivities, they were either accommodated at the Hotel de Paris or at the Hotel Hermitage.

I'm getting rather tired of the constant BRF and Will&Kate bashing....

If you want to bash anyone, try the BBC and its bias, not us Brits.

I'm already dreading the coverage of Zara's wedding..... so I shall go to the Canongate Kirk and see if I can get a glimpse of any of the family....

Last edited:
I asked me, what do the royals make, if they have some free-time after or before a/the wedding, and I found pictures, that they have visited Monaco, or maybe they went shopping, or something else... So they spent not the whole time in the hotels...
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

The visiting royals will have had a whale of a time - gossiping with one another - renewing old friendships (or hates ?).

Were Elisabeth Anne de Massy & her children at the Wedding?

I didn't see any photographs of them & I always assumed Albert was rather close to his cousin Elisabeth & her children?

Were Elisabeth Anne de Massy & her children at the Wedding?

I didn't see any photographs of them & I always assumed Albert was rather close to his cousin Elisabeth & her children?

They attended both the civil and the church wedding and the celebrations around it, I've seen them several times
on television, but it's indeed hard to find pics, here's at least one of Elisabeth-Anne and Melanie arriving at the
dinner on July 2nd:

** Pic **

Did Sarah, the wife of Prince Faisal, wear a tiara at the evening ceremony? Does anyone have any pics of them at the dinner? Why are they being ignored at these events? He is the son and brother of a king, yet Joachim and Marie get much more attention...

Last edited:
As I said in another thread, as a British person I found it mortifying the way the foreign Royals were packed off from William's wedding in the afternoon and had to find their own entertainment that night. It was the worst hospitality I've ever seen at a major Royal event and was downright ignorant behaviour IMO. At least PA laid on entertainment that was on a par with other Royal Weddings and everyone looked to be having a wonderful time.

Both Elisabeth-Ann and Melanie de Lusignan looked wonderful.

Iceflower, thanks for hunting out the pic !

Yes they look good. I hadn´t seen any pic of them. Thanks.
I was looking for them in the big photos of the courtyard but I didn´t find them close to the Casiraghis.

Elisabeth-Ann was directly in Pauline Ducruet's left, across the center aisle. Melanie was seated right behind Pauline.

From what I have seen of the wedding it was perfect. The Bride was georgous and the groom looked handsome. They seem to care deeply about each other. I wish them a good married life and a personal relationship with Christ.

They attended both the civil and the church wedding and the celebrations around it, I've seen them several times
on television, but it's indeed hard to find pics, here's at least one of Elisabeth-Anne and Melanie arriving at the
dinner on July 2nd:

** Pic **

Thank You!

Last edited by a moderator:
The newlywed Prince has really nice nephews and nieces:
When it comes to beauty, Stephanie's children don't yield to their cousins in nothing.

It must have been well thought about, I do not think the British royal household is anything but a very professionally run business with very good PR.

Monoca did what they like and entertainment comes natural to them.

As I said in another thread, as a British person I found it mortifying the way the foreign Royals were packed off from William's wedding in the afternoon and had to find their own entertainment that night. It was the worst hospitality I've ever seen at a major Royal event and was downright ignorant behaviour IMO. At least PA laid on entertainment that was on a par with other Royal Weddings and everyone looked to be having a wonderful time.

Last edited:
Who are two brunette women?

They are Princess Charlene bridal maids of honor :
Danish designer Isabell Kristensen and Prince Albert’s cousin Donatella Knecht de Massy.

I have not seen any picture of Ms Virginia Gallico who was the long lasting lady-in-waiting of Pricness Grace and after to Princess Caroline. Didn't she attend the wedding ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is she still alive? Are they friends with Princess Grace?

I have not seen any picture of Ms Virginia Gallico who was the long lasting lady-in-waiting of Pricness Grace and after to Princess Caroline. Didn't she attend the wedding ?

She was there.

During the ceremony, she was seated behind Beatrice Borromeo.

Also, during the live streaming, there was a shot of Karl Lagerfeld greeting and kissing Mrs Gallico in the courtyard before the actual ceremony.

There was also a picture of her with Vicki LeVine, Chris' wife, during the reception after the civil wedding. Can't find it though, but will post it once I do.

She was there.

During the ceremony, she was seated behind Beatrice Borromeo.

Here's a pic of her at the church wedding, as mtatum said, you can see her sitting behind Beatrice :)

** Virgina Gallico **

Have you noticed at the wedding, that the "Casiraghis" never smile when being photographed? Well, they´re no Royals, so this is not part of their "job discription", but this behaviour makes them seem very aloof and arrogant.

I tend to agree with you. A person does not have to be "royal" to smile occasionally. I think it does them no credit. I tend to think they may believe this lends them an air of sophistication. :whistling:

Here's a pic of her at the church wedding, as mtatum said, you can see her sitting behind Beatrice :)

** Virgina Gallico **

Is the beared gentleman sitting in front of Ms Gallico Marco Cadsiraghi? He sure looks like him, and if he is, it certainly was a kind thought of P. Albert to have invited someone of the Casiraghi family to attend the wedding. I was also very pleased to see P. Ernst's boys attending the wedding. It shows respect and dignity from both parts: the Hanover boys towards their stepmother's family and, likewise the good relationship between P. Caroline and her stepsons :flowers:

I re-watched the wedding today once more and I noticed they didn´t even smile among each other, chatting to each other, or at that point of the ceremony, when everyone greeted the person setting next to them (I believe it was after a prayer)!

Why did the Archbishop refer to the Prince as Albert Alexandre instead of by his full name Albert Alexandre Louis Pierre during the wedding ceremony?

Besides the jewels Charlene received from Albert do we know of any other wedding gifts they received? From the people & Government of Monaco? From SBM? Any jewels from some of the Arab princes? Perhaps some diamonds from South Africa?

Other than Chris Levine were any other Kelly relations in attendance? Perhaps John Lehman, since he used to show up at big events in Monaco.

Back
Top Bottom