Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock: Church Wedding - July 2, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Franziska van Almsick and her husband Jürgen Harder
Daylife
Daylife

They are not married.

Norweigian Nrk.no also now has a video of Prince Albert´s speak:
– Jeg tror dette er den beste beslutningen jeg har tatt - Kultur-og-underholdning - NRK

Imo, not a great speech and not very directed towards the bride...

Albert is not a good speaker .. he basically said Thank you Charlene for marrying me DESPITE who I am.

Charlene must know that Albert wont change his ways and that her life will be living hell if she couldnt cope.

Very similar to Grace & Rainier, they barely knew each other and their relationship was a business agreement at first, he needed a princess and she wanted a rich man and a family.

They only learned to accommdate to each other's needs years later and they learned to love each other.

For me it is clearly history repeating itself but hopefully Charlene is fully aware and doesnt believe in naive clichees about changing a man's ways.
There is some Rainier in Albert too, not only Grace.

Last edited by a moderator:
PurePeople.com: more pics of Charlotte's arrival with her brothers, at night. The article says that Charlene has asked people to write her name in the french way: Charlène, and not Charlene anymore.

This was beautiful.

Now that I have a little time I'll have to get this off my chest.
I loved the entire thing... and even if this is going to sound not as manly as I always like to come off ;) ... it was really just very very pretty.

First of all : the bride ... Charlene looked gorgeous.... so freakin' beautiful ... reserved, a little thoughtful ( naturallly ) and very moved. I loved the dress! Just perfect.
Albert's proud and happy and it shows ... I always liked him... he's such a great guy.
I'm more than happy for them!!!

It was actually everything I wanted it to be.

Of course I just looooooooooooved Stephanie walking in on her son's arm.

Everything the girls were wearing was amazing, pretty ... they were all gorgeous too.

It was cute ... Alex and Camille were having fun chatting. Steph and Caro as well.

It's been great to see Ernst jr. and Christian ( as I expected ) ... they were right there were they belong ... they are Albert's and Steph's nephews ... that won't change...

Pauline and Charlotte reading for their aunt and uncle ... just wonderful.

Alex and Camille for the wedding rings .... sweet.

They all still remind me of my own family. With my cousins we don't always hang out 'cause we live in different places ... but when we do it's all just fun and closeness ... like Albert's family ... they are a very tight family. They have great bond ... love it.

Steph cracked me up with her first reaction to the click song .... think she was a little taken by surprise :))))

Charlene at St. Devote .... awwwwwwwwww .... she's so freakin' sweet ...

...ok ... I'm out :)

I liked the simplicity of the area. Charlene looked really nice but in some pictures she looked like a barbie, pale and too blonde. Make up was not bad but could've been better (she didn't look as radiant as at the civil wedding).

The disappointment was that she didn't wear any earrings not even studs.

Ah poor Albert he was so nervous giving his speech.
Did anyone hear the speeches of his witness and of Charlene's father?

Yes, compared to the previous day (where she looked okay) and yesterday (where she looked very strange), the overall impression was "Where am I, and why?"

Do you know why she asked?

It's suits better into a French speaking country - Caroline and Stéphanie are also pronounced differently in French and in English..

Another purepeople gallery focussing on the couple:

** La princesse Charlene de Monaco craque : chaudes larmes à Sainte-Dévote **

And one about Stephanie's children:

** Pauline Ducruet au mariage : Nouvelle Charlotte Casiraghi ou nouvelle Pippa ? **

** Mariage à Monaco : Quel prince s'est royalement pris les pieds dans le tapis ? **

Last edited:
^ I think that she asked it because she wanted to show that know, she's a monegasque, and maybe even that she's not an english-spoken anymore. Monaco and France share the same prononciation, and it appears logical to me that now that she Princess of Monaco, her name is written in the monegasque/french way, as Stéphanie is.

Thanks for the links Iceflower, poor Laurent of Belgium.... If I were him, I would be soooo ashamed!!! I still don't see what made him fall.

EDIT: Charlène's wedding dress reminds me the dress she wore for Amfar Gala. I remember that everybody here admired her, in this dress, and said that it would have made an amazing dress for the wedding. Did Charlène hear us??

EDIT, again: did you notice Charlotte's mistake during her speech at the mass? She said "nous avons-t-aimé" instead of "nous avons-z-aimé". It's normal, because she seems shy, and the circunstances were stressing! But what made me laugh is Andrea's reaction. He looked at her, and looked around him, to see if he was the only one to have noticed his sister's mistake.

A clip of the tiara/necklace that Prince Albert has given to his wife as a present,it's been made by Van Cleef and Arpels

(...)

Thanks a lot for this very interesting video! I love watching at this kind of video, it's amazing to see how someone can realize such beautiful and delicate things.

^ I think that she asked it because she wanted to show that know, she's a monegasque, and maybe even that she's not an english-spoken anymore. Monaco and France share the same prononciation, and it appears logical to me that now that she Princess of Monaco, her name is written in the monegasque/french way, as Stéphanie is.

Thanks for the links Iceflower, poor Laurent of Belgium.... If I were him, I would be soooo ashamed!!! I still don't see what made him fall.

EDIT: Charlène's wedding dress reminds me the dress she wore for Amfar Gala. I remember that everybody here admired her, in this dress, and said that it would have made an amazing dress for the wedding. Did Charlène hear us??

EDIT, again: did you notice Charlotte's mistake during her speech at the mass? She said "nous avons-t-aimé" instead of "nous avons-z-aimé". It's normal, because she seems shy, and the circunstances were stressing! But what made me laugh is Andrea's reaction. He looked at her, and looked around him, to see if he was the only one to have noticed his sister's mistake.
What does this phrase mean? And is there any logical meaning of the wrong phrase Char said in her speech? Sorry but i lhave a lack of french knowledge.:D

What does this phrase mean? And is there any logical meaning of the wrong phrase Char said in her speech? Sorry but i lhave a lack of french knowledge.:D

Nous avons aimé = we loved. The mistake is not in the sentence (extracted from the Holly Bible) but in the way she pronounced it: wrong link between the words, she pronounced a "t" that wasn't at the end of "avons".

There are pictures of the wedding cake and the couple's first dance on Getty Images

Today,sunday, is also the brunch for the royal guests at the palace..I hope we get pictures from that.

Btw,I take that the something borrowed that the bride wore on her hair were the diamond and platinum brooches of Princess Caroline,non?

What's on top of the cake?..an ivory tusk made of sugar? I'm dying to see the group picture with the royals,it would be gorgeous!

What a beautiful wedding.
The location, the guests, the weather, her dress. Her dress is soooo stunning. Really elegant and classy and I love the veil with the jewelry at the side of her hair-do. Just perfect. She tops my list now.

That's pure speculation IMO.

Perhaps, in years to come, every TV station or hack will be accompanied by experienced lipreaders ..... but, gladly, that isn't the case - yet.

I think he said something like: It's allright

When they came out of Ste Dévote he said something like 'Shall we give them a kiss' and then repeated because she didn't hear. Then she threw a kiss at the crowd, but he wanted to kiss her.

What's on top of the cake?..an ivory tusk made of sugar? I'm dying to see the group picture with the royals,it would be gorgeous!

It looks like a cornucopia which if I am correct represents prosperity (horn of plenty).

It´s a very beautiful cake, but truely "un-royal" looking, a "bit" over the top. Rather a wedding-cake for a hollywood star...

I like very much what you describe as a "new tiara". What is the difference between the two (or more) styles?

The church wedding was very beautiful. I loved the wedding dress, also the fact that many of the young members of the family were part of the ceremony (a very nice touch IMO), also most guests very well dressed and the magnificent view of those stairs a real plus to embellish even more what was already really beautiful.
I sincerely hope that they will be happy (arrangement or no arrangement and I agree with one of the forum debaters, that it reminds us very much of Rainier´s and Grace´s wedding, also the fact that Albert has a lot of his father in him and Charlene will have to learn to take the good with the bad as Grace did).

The disappointment was that she didn't wear any earrings not even studs.

I think additional earrings would have been too much together with the diamond flower headpiece, as this one "starts" directly behind the ears...
So imho it was a simply perfectchoice without any earrings (drives all the attention to the headpiece).

I was rather dissappointed, that Charlene did not wear her GRAND tiara (the new "Wave" one) for the wedding festivities at night. The aigrette one is great, but understated for the main person, the bride...... (nevertheless a perfect choice for future Rose Balls or Red Cross Balls). So it would have been great to pull out the "big piece".

BYe Bine

Oh yes, imagine that tiara (Ocean) for the banquet! I do hope an opportunity will pop up soon to see her wearing it...

jonc93 said:
OMG! That tiara is absolutely gorgeous! Why she did not wear it tonight, at least as a necklace beats me, tonight is her night to shine!

She did wear it. It blends in so you have to look closely at pics

Back
Top Bottom