Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock: Church Wedding - July 2, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Albert is also very shy and had to overcome this.

Hi guys, anyone have photos of the banquet at the Opera Garnie??
r

Did anyone see a pic of Maria-Teresa of Luxembourg at the gala dinner?? I've been searching, but haven't seen her. I saw that Henri arrived with Stephanie...

What that Alexandra who had the pillow with the rings?? Carolines daughter

sugarbaby318 said:
Did anyone see a pic of Maria-Teresa of Luxembourg at the gala dinner?? I've been searching, but haven't seen her. I saw that Henri arrived with Stephanie...

I thought Grand Duke Henri arrived at the Gala Dinner with HRH Princess Caroline of Hanover?

Last edited by a moderator:
A clip of the tiara/necklace that Prince Albert has given to his wife as a present,it's been made by Van Cleef and Arpels

Now that's what I'm talking about! Gorgeous, I'm glad he thought enough of her to spring for that piece. :)

Lady Felicity M said:

Both Caroline and Stephanie daughters handed out the rings Alex and Camille

Lady Felicity M said:

Lady Felicity
It was indeed HRH Princess Alexandra of Hanover who carried the ring pillow to her uncle and her aunt at their religious wedding ceremony today. HRH seems to have been the one truly happy person, and the youngest, at that 17.00 event in Monaco earlier today.

RADKER18 said:
Both Caroline and Stephanie daughters handed out the rings Alex and Camille

Hardly any post in this forum thread has mentioned Miss Camille Gottlieb, HSH Princess Stephanie of Monaco's younger daughter. To ignore this pretty young lady will never make her disappear - the fact she is not 'legitimate' issue is not of her own doing. Miss Gottlieb carried out her 'duties' today just as well as her cousin, HRH Princess Alexandra of Hanover. Both girls, considering their ages, handle their 'duties' today extremely well. Miss CG will officially become teenager on July 25th.

:previous:I don't believe anyone made an issue of Miss Camille's birth at all. Where are you getting that from?

The fact is that Alexandra is more well known in the royal world and that has more to do with her competitive ice skating, her parents and being seen in public more than Camille. That has everything to do with what she does in her life than her HRH title.

Which is pretty much on par with Stephanie's desire for her children to have a more private life. Until Pauline started competing internationally as a diver, she also was under the radar. Traditionally we only see Camille at Pauline's events or the Monaco Circus events.

Nothing to do at all with her with birth.

Just catching up with this thread. Loved seeing all the pictures. What a beautiful day. Really liked the jeweled hair clip that Charlene was wearing during the Church ceremony.

Listening to Prince Albert's speech... he sounds soooooo American!

JUst fiinished watching the wedding on bild.de, Charlene is the saddest bride I've seen to date. Albert isn't too cheerful either. No connection what so ever

Last edited:
A clip of the tiara/necklace that Prince Albert has given to his wife as a present,it's been made by Van Cleef and Arpels

(...)

OMG! That tiara is absolutely gorgeous! Why she did not wear it tonight, at least as a necklace beats me, tonight is her night to shine!

(...)

Wow, that was an awesome video. Thanks for posting. It's a very beautiful piece

Ok I'm gonna give my 2 cents.
I completely understand the feeling of some here who do not appreciate the bashing, but this is a forum.
What irritates the b-jesus out of me is people saying, "well look at Victoria and Daniel, look Maxima and Willem, Look Will and Kate" without taking into account that
THEY ARE DIFFERENT PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES!
(sorry for the caps lock, I know it's irritating, but it had to be done :p )
Stop trying to make every single freaking couple fit to a mold or your standards!
Victoria is an outgoing person,if she doesn't mind hugging and kissing her husband in public, fine. If that's what she's comfortable with, more power to her.
Charlene and Albert are, or seem to me, to be more reserved people, so whattheheck do I need to see them being different from what they naturally are ?!

In regards to the ceremony, I must admit I didn't think she looked sad, just really compenetrated. It wasn't in her native language so, for me, her attention needed to be doubled.
after the recent rumor came out, I re-watch some parts and , maybe it's my brains, but I could spot something odd. I pray to God that this matter is completely non sense.

to finish in a happier note, Charlene's mother is beautiful and so are her brothers! one wonder if they are available?!

where can I find the video where princess alexandra of hanover delivered her reading?

As much as I agree that Charlene should have worn really exceptional jewelry for the dinner banquet, I applaud her grounded sense of style. She is a minimalist with regards to jewelry, and not even her new serious Van Cleef and Arpels tiara/necklace is enticing enough to wear on her wedding banquet.

As awesome as the necklace is, I'm wondering if it fits Charlene's taste. I remember the scandalous anecdote of the original jewelry gift that SBM chose to present Grace Kelly in 1956. Prince Rainier looked at it first and decided it was too big and vulgar and was convinced that no way will Grace wear it. They then settled for the very tasteful diamond and pearl parure.

Princess Michael of Kent has criticized Monaco in the past -- I remember a Life Magazine article in the 80's where she even belittled Princess Caroline for being a daughter of an actress -- so to see her here is a wonderful surprise. I suppose that her presence is an admission that the Princely Family of Monaco is a deserving and significant part of European Royalty.

Charlene's mother looks like an older Naomi Watts. I hope Princess Charlene in her later years looks like her.

Lovely to see Princess Alexandra of Hanover and her cousin Camille Gottlieb interacting very well. Hopefully, they are closer than what most assumed given that Princess Stephanie's children do not attend grand events the way Princess Caroline's children do.

Monaco has been represented very well by Rainier and Grace, and then their 3 children. Their grandchildren have the beauty and star quality to continue the tradition, and with the addition of Princess Charlene, things are looking promising for the House of Grimaldi.

Last edited:
I have a question. Does anybody have link of Franziska von Armsick and Sara Poewe?
Allegedly Charlene invited them to her wedding in April.

I rewatch some videos, and must say that I'm dissapointed by Albert's kisses - during church service, in civil wedding, in front of Saint Devote church. I mean, I don't expect wet french kisses, but he kissed her like it was just his duty, just for the public, not expression of his feelings for Charlene. Like she was just distant cousin, not his wife.

It's just my feeling.

During the church service, look at 09:06
Saint Devote Church, at 14:38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnr9m5KDf7s

Balcony kiss, at 4:23
Civil wedding kiss, at 3:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1pXXAQyM7c

Last edited:
I rewatch some videos, and must say that I'm dissapointed by Albert's kisses - during church service, in civil wedding, in front of Saint Devote church. I mean, I don't expect wet french kisses, but he kissed her like it was just his duty, just for the public, not expression of his feelings for Charlene. Like she was just distant cousin, not his wife.

It's just my feeling.

He definitely was not going to 'perform' for the crowd - and there's something honest about that. I think we can safely assume that he is a man capable in this area. :whistling: Several people have mentioned that he is shy, as is Charlene. When I watch I definitely get the feeling that he was nervous in particular. It could not have been an easy 2-3 days given the rumors. Perhaps we are expecting too much? They are after all not actors.

Anyway, I was intrigued by it all. I found it refreshingly real. (I think I have had my surfeit of the carefully cultivated image that 'sells' - the orchestrated and ever vigilant smiling images). This was moving.

BTW, why was Sarkozy without his wife? Have I missed something? Are they separated or divorcing or something?

Last edited:
He definitely was not going to 'perform' for the crowd - and there's something honest about that. I think we can safely assume that he is a man capable in this area. :flowers: Several people have mentioned that he is shy, as is Charlene. When I watch I definitely get the feeling that he was nervous in particular. It could not have been an easy 2-3 days given the rumors. Perhaps we are expecting too much? They are after all not actors.

Anyway, I was intrigued by it all.

BTW, why was Sarkozy without his wife? Have I missed something? Are they separated or divorcing or something?
His wife is pregnant and she probably didn't feel quite well in order to attend

I wish this new couple all the best. Somehow I think they're going to need everyone's well wishes.

I think the best dressed in this wedding was Mary and Madeleine, just perfect:)

I'm just catching up to this thread, what an amazing gift Prince Albert chose for Princess Charelene, I love it!! (thank you for posting) I would have love to seen her wear a bit more jewels on her wedding day though, or at least to the dinner and ball... I had hoped one of the the Grimaldi woman would have chosen to wear one or two pieces from Princess Grace's jewel collection, it would have made a wonderful tribute. So far I have only seen one photo of HRH Princess Caroline at the ball, would love to see more! What a wonderful tiara she is wearing. Love the dress Charlotte is wearing!! I reminds me of several of Princess Grace's stunning gowns... how I missed her on these two beautiful days!!

jonc93 said:
OMG! That tiara is absolutely gorgeous! Why she did not wear it tonight, at least as a necklace beats me, tonight is her night to shine!

Great video.

Also makes it clear that it's a set- a tiara and a necklace. Cant wait to see her wear them together!

Back
Top Bottom