Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock: Church Wedding - July 2, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
patrick demarchelier will be taking the official pictures.

they are now coming back to the palace: the commentator is saying her make up will be done again before the pictures (obviously) to proceed with the pictures, being taken by patrick demarchelier.

Wow! She's acting like waving to the crowds is a chore!

The helper did a nice job with the train at the church.

BurberryBrit said:
He pulls away from that kiss rather quickly.

I know right!
I was thinking the same thing. I hope it was because he was nervous or something.

They don't seem to be engaging with each other or the crowds.

The prince gave Charlène two tiaras (Stephane Bern has said).

What a stunning bride, I am really impressed. Could kill for this flower diamond headpiece! Wow, what a piece! Can it be transformed into a tiara?
BYe Bine

Burzg said:
yes i realy wonder why duches kate didnt cry like this ?

Perhaps it's the whole British stiff upper lip thing?. Anyway, for some it's happy tears, for others it's broad smiles.

The prince gave Charlène two tiaras (Stephane Bern has said).

Yes, I just heard that, we are watching the same TV :~)). One of the tiaras he offered is Van Cleef&Arpels, and the other is convertible to a necklace.

What a stunning bride, I am really impressed. Could kill for this flower diamond headpiece! Wow, what a piece! Can it be transformed into a tiara?
BYe Bine

No, but it doesn't belong to Charlène. That was borrowed by Caroline for the occasion. PA offred Charlène two Tiaras, but she choose not wearing one of them.

Karl Lagerfeld is talking about the fashion choice, He likes the Armani wedding gown, also he likes Charlotte's and Caroline's choices. He said he didn't like most of the hats that Royal ladies have choosen to wear :~)

ohh, i missed that! did he say which ones?

Yes one of them is a Van Clef& Arpels and other convertible to necklace. The brooch Charlène is wearing on her hair, was borrowed by Caroline for the occasion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know what that lovely song was, the one in St Devote chapel? PA knew the words and was singing too.

After seeing the dress fully I like it for Princess Charlene. It suits the style she is
projecting, clean lines and elegant. The neckline is perfect for her. She has such
broad shoulders that the placement of the neckline at the shoulder minimizes this.
Thought she looked lovely.
Yes I wanted a tiara but the diamonds in her hair are very much her thing.
Just wondering does she ever wear her hair down?

Degas...that's what the children's dresses look like.

The Prince does responds to the crowds. I think the Princess is overcome with emotion at the moment.

Beautiful dress and headpiece.

Does anyone know what that lovely song was, the one in St Devote chapel? PA knew the words and was singing too.

Its a local folk song/hymn in honour of The Virgin Mary.

Ahhhh, I was overcome by the intimacy and warmth of the ceremony, watched the whole thing except for one tiny section wherein both girls walked to the altar with the rings (darn gardeners arrived early).

Still full of emotion and tears, cried here & there, especially when Andrea Bocelli sang "Ave Maria", that's when I completely broke down & lost it. I know it's cliche, but he truly does have the voice of an angel, straight from God & heaven above.

And my hat goes off to each and every one of the Grimaldi women, they did Monaco proud today, from the littlest ones to the older ones. The readings were the most touching, with my favorite being "God Is Love". How truly humbling...

This was a family affair, and it showed, sister cheek to cheek, cousin cheek to cheek, reunited in love for their sovereign, brother, uncle, cousin, and his beautiful bride. May they live long and healthy and happy lives and be blessed from up above! I know Rainier & Grace were watching. :)

SALUT!!!! :cheers:

Degas...that's what the children's dresses look like.

Are you referring to the junior bridesmaids? Was their outfits a nod to a traditional costume from Monaco?

I would also add that the wedding had nice touches from Monaco, South Africa, and what appeared to be a nod to his American heritage.

I don't think we will have a balcony kiss now- since its basically empty now in front of the palace and all the streets up on the rock are empty. Does anyone know if a balcony appearance was scheduled?

Back
Top Bottom