Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock: Church Wedding - July 2, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMost o catholic marriages are not combined with mass. Mine was not. We took comunion a couple of days before the marriage

Prince Edward is also in white I think - not a flattering choice for him. Presumably following Albert's lead/wishes?

Usually ceremonial military dress in tropical countries like mine are in white. So I was quite surprised to see this version worn in Monaco. When the British royal family male members visit us, they wear these version of the uniform.

Probably not. But, if they have enough ministers it could be done in 15 mins. There seem to be a number of bread vessels.

The choir is magnificent. The sacrament vessels are really beautiful.

What an honor to Charlene that he will wear a wedding ring. Most royals don't.

Last edited:
IMost o catholic marriages are not combined with mass. Mine was not. We took comunion a couple of days before the marriage

Then it must be a habit of the RC church of your country, in Germany you always receive communion during weddings.

Prince Albert looks better without a uniform with tons of medals and ribbons on it, Princess Charlene's hair looks as if it has an antique diamond broach in it

Communion in a Catholic marital mass is usually only give if both bride and groom are Catholic, otherwise one of them is left out. My marital mass will not have communion for that exact reason, don't want my future husband and his family to feel left out of something.

Prince Haakon always looks so handsome :p

Then it must be a habit of the RC church of your country, in Germany you always receive communion during weddings.

Might be... In my mother's time it was common. Nowadays I haven't been to one !

wow the close up to Charlotte's face
she is so beautiful

Communion in a Catholic marital mass is usually only give if both bride and groom are Catholic, otherwise one of them is left out. My marital mass will not have communion for that exact reason, don't want my future husband and his family to feel left out of something.

Not true. When my parents were married, my father was not Catholic and communion was served. And I've been to a wedding were the groom was not Catholic and communion was served. If it is a Nuptial Mass, communion is served, even if there are non-Catholics present. The Mass is the consecration of the bread and wine. If you don't have that, you don't have a Mass.

I'm from the United States, and communion was served at our wedding and to all the Catholic guests. It is the preferred option for the wedding service.

In US I think it is common for the wedding to be part of a mass. We all took communion at the RC weddings I've been to.

Why didn't this marriage take place in a church?

Did anyone from Spain turn up or were they all still far too busy?

I do not know why I feel this is the most touching wedding , so royal and the bride is really a fairy tale princess ... fab gown ..

Here's THE KISS!!!! I love Charlene's eyes, they are very expressive.

Why didn't this marriage take place in a church?

The cathedral could not hold the number of guests they wanted to invite. On very rare occasions will the RC Church allow for a wedding no inside the church building.

Everyone is hot That wind is not doing much

Not true. When my parents were married, my father was not Catholic and communion was served. And I've been to a wedding were the groom was not Catholic and communion was served. If it is a Nuptial Mass, communion is served, even if there are non-Catholics present. The Mass is the consecration of the bread and wine. If you don't have that, you don't have a Mass.

I'm from the United States, and communion was served at our wedding and to all the Catholic guests. It is the preferred option for the wedding service.

My statement is true. My father is a deacon and we too are from the US, so I'm pretty sure I have it on good authority.

Perhaps the Catholic bride or groom chose to have communion. Since my future husband is not Catholic and we have several friends who are not Catholic communion will NOT be served so NO ONE feels left out.

Although I am not Roman, I am Catholic. When I married, we were given a choice to have or not have Eucharist offered. We chose to have it...wouldn't have been complete without it.

I don't think P.Charlene is "somber." I think she is merely acting like a lady, fully aware of the importance of this ceremony. She is naturally reserved anyway.

Albert, though, looks like he wants to "let loose!!!"

I wonder if her hair ornament is articulated to be worn many ways?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom