Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock: Church Wedding - July 2, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, and if we are talking about "failures" of marriages, Stephanie had failed marriages as well. If we are going to talk like this.
For the sisters, marriage ended up sadly in some cases. That's all.
Failure is very heavy to say.

Let's get back to the topic of this thread - further off topic posts will be deleted without notice!

On daylimotion site, there is the religious ceremony of the wedding , the ceremony was filmed by other cameras than the cameras of Jerome Revon. We see Charlene and Albert more smiling, chatting during the ceremony, holding their hands and so.
ON daylimotion, the ceremony is in two parts the first, the arriving of the guests the second part is the ceremony. this video is in 3D but you can see without the 3D
I do not succeed to send you the link but the title is
1 partie mariage du prince Albert II en 3D
2eme partie mariage du prince Albert II en 3D
It is on Daylimotion

Last edited by a moderator:
How does one watch these videos without harming our eyes? I tried watching with 3-D glasses but it didn't work

How does one watch these videos without harming our eyes? I tried watching with 3-D glasses but it didn't work

You can turn the 3D off,. pass your curser over the top right of the screen and you should see the option.

Monaco has only .6 percent of one square mile

And yet the ruling houses and "pretender" houses show up to the wedding in Monaco. Why is this? Even the President of France? This seems ridiculous.
Other small duchies are bigger. Liechtenstein is 67 square miles (it's rulers were at the wedding in Monaco). Luxembourg has between 900 and 1000 square miles, tiny compared to Belgium, but big compared on Monaco. I do not get why these people are honored. the prince already has two children whom he says he cannot recognize as heirs because his father made it impossible for him to do so, but now he's the prince, so he should change the law. I do not think this sort of behavior is acceptable in someone whom people come from all over to see get married--why? Because his named genes go back to the early Middle Ages? I guess that's it. I prefer royals who behave at least somewhat.

LMAO! Royals who behave somewhat, the Royal Houses who behave themselves could probably be counted on one hand.

What's ridiculous is to measure something's significance according to its physical size.

Obviously, the fact that Monaco thrives inspite of its limitations, to properly look after its citizens, and its princely family to attract the attention of royal watchers prove that its stature far exceeds the few hundred acres it sits on.

And as for royals who behave somewhat, good luck.

On the eve of the first wedding anniversary of PA and PChar I submit my first post! It is the "Click Song" performed directly after the couple had exchanged rings. In the latter half of the video watch out for some tender moments between the couple as well as the reaction of PSteph in the background...hold thumbs that my first attempt will work...
Eric Sempe: Prince Albert's wedding in Monaco - YouTube

It certainly doesnt look like any of the grimaldi's are enthusiastic. Including the groom. He makes Charles look deleriously happy on his first wedding day.

I know that I'm late but I would like to know if there is a full trascription of P. Albert wedding speech! I saw the video and it lasted more or less 2 minutes... did i miss something or was that the whole speech?

Wedding of Albert and Charlene: Church wedding and celebrations, July 2 2011

URL="http://www.nrk.no/kultur-og-underholdning/1.7699302"]– Jeg tror dette er den beste beslutningen jeg har tatt - Kultur-og-underholdning - NRK

Marty91charmed, this link shows his entire speech. I wasn't able to watch it on a mobile device, only on on the website. I hope it's still available, though. Post # 652, if that is any help...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Last edited:
URL="http://www.nrk.no/kultur-og-underholdning/1.7699302"]– Jeg tror dette er den beste beslutningen jeg har tatt - Kultur-og-underholdning - NRK

Marty91charmed, this link shows his entire speech. I wasn't able to watch it on a mobile device, only on on the website. I hope it's still available, though. Post # 652, if that is any help...

Sadly it doesn't work :-( Could you tell me if he said somehting more? Thanks a lot:flowers:

OMG...if Charlene was not one of the most beautiful Royal brides ever, I don't know who was! She looked incredible. And I have searched and searched but I don't see any of the "misery" I am always reading about. They looked tense and nervous but that is not surprising given the circumstances that surrounded their wedding.

I am so happy that they have proven the naysayers wrong!;)

Oh Moonmaiden23, I so agree with everything you say! They were so nervous having the eyes of the whole world on them, it was also televised live in SA! And I really don't understand why so many people thought they looked unhappy when there were so many tender glances, they were holding hands, etc. and the previous day at the Civil wedding there were many sweet moments too. I think they are doing the right thing in just living their lives and gradually the critics will see the truth, that they are truly happy and content to be together.

:previous: Oh wow...that cake!! :ohmy:Look at how happy everyone looked. I love Caroline and Grand Duke Henri giggling together like kids.:p Look at how Albert held Charlene's hand throughout the singing. The Grimaldi obviously have money to burn and they spared no expense. This was a truly lavish wedding.

Marty91..thank you! I wish everybody who thinks this was a gloomy wedding could see this video!;)

yes, that is a lovely video. I like the part too where they are dancing and the Princess sings the words of the song to him. It short it says that she is laying her whole heart before him, when time has passed and it is no more, she will stay close to him, be with him, with all of her heart.

The group who performed later said in an interview to a magazine how down to earth and laid back they experienced the Prince to be. They enjoyed a beer together and he said "lekker!", which is Afrikaans for "very nice."

OMG...if Charlene was not one of the most beautiful Royal brides ever, I don't know who was! She looked incredible. And I have searched and searched but I don't see any of the "misery" I am always reading about. They looked tense and nervous but that is not surprising given the circumstances that surrounded their wedding.

I was one of the people who thought she looked unhappy during her wedding. Since then, I have gotten married and if you were to look at pictures of me entering the church I look much like Charlene. I was trying to hold back tears; tears of joy that I was finally marrying the man who is now my husband - or that after all that planning my wedding day was finally here and the planning and preparing is finally over, and we can start our life together.

I have also realized that Charlene's smile is more subdued than what we expect from any person who we perceive is happy. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, it is what it is- in my mind.

I was one of the people who thought she looked unhappy during her wedding. Since then, I have gotten married and if you were to look at pictures of me entering the church I look much like Charlene. I was trying to hold back tears; tears of joy that I was finally marrying the man who is now my husband - or that after all that planning my wedding day was finally here and the planning and preparing is finally over, and we can start our life together.

I have also realized that Charlene's smile is more subdued than what we expect from any person who we perceive is happy. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, it is what it is- in my mind.

That all makes a lot of sense.

I was too busy admiring the floral diamond brooches in her hair to read into her emotional state, personally :)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Plus Albert has as a norm a rather 'nervous' quality when he is interviewed and talks. It's just his manner in public. It must have been accentuated when he was getting married like for any man. (They did have to deal with the nasty press about a 'fleeing bride' and 'extra babies' - it cannot have been fun.)

There are some unforgettable images, like of the rose petals. Her gown was beautiful, as was she. :flowers:

Just an aside: Monaco has such a tiny area to work with outside the palace and yet they always design it to perfection for all these events. They did so with the wedding. :flowers:

I don't know if this was already posted but i found a beautiful video of the wedding dinner which I had not seen before! The first part has no audio but just skip to when the singer Umberto Tozzi sings...https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2238049990482&set=vb.129575557118596&type=3&theater

A very nice video. One also sees how in sync they were even then regarding their public presentation - like with the dancing. Albert did lose a few pounds for the wedding. He's such a teddy bear! :flowers:

yes, that is a lovely video. I like the part too where they are dancing and the Princess sings the words of the song to him. It short it says that she is laying her whole heart before him, when time has passed and it is no more, she will stay close to him, be with him, with all of her heart.

The group who performed later said in an interview to a magazine how down to earth and laid back they experienced the Prince to be. They enjoyed a beer together and he said "lekker!", which is Afrikaans for "very nice."

A super nice man - and a prince to boot! Charlene is a very lucky girl imo. :flowers:

Last edited:
:previous: Thanks to everyone:flowers:. Albert's shyness and sweetness when he was repeating to himself the words "ti amo" of the song (I love you) is very endearing! He had no courage to sing them in front of Charlene with all those eyes on them!:hug: And also when Charlene cries a bit at hearing afrikaans!

BTW I found hilarious that Michael Wittstock talked in such a confortable way to Queen Paola of Belgium:ROFLMAO::lol:

Congrats on your wedding DoD. I wish we could see some photos! I am such a sap for weddings that I cry even at Vegas ceremonies!:p

I never got to see the official wedding photo of the bride and groom with their families and bridesmaids. Does anyone have a link to this?

I never got to see the official wedding photo of the bride and groom with their families and bridesmaids. Does anyone have a link to this?

I think they had this photo (maybe some more similar to it)
monaco-wedding-charlene-albert-600x399.jpg

Back
Top Bottom