The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Royal Highness

Did Sarah, the wife of Prince Faisal, wear a tiara at the evening ceremony? Does anyone have any pics of them at the dinner? Why are they being ignored at these events? He is the son and brother of a king, yet Joachim and Marie get much more attention...

Old 07-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Serene Highness

As I said in another thread, as a British person I found it mortifying the way the foreign Royals were packed off from William's wedding in the afternoon and had to find their own entertainment that night. It was the worst hospitality I've ever seen at a major Royal event and was downright ignorant behaviour IMO. At least PA laid on entertainment that was on a par with other Royal Weddings and everyone looked to be having a wonderful time.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Both Elisabeth-Ann and Melanie de Lusignan looked wonderful.

Iceflower, thanks for hunting out the pic !
Old 07-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Serene Highness

Yes they look good. I hadn´t seen any pic of them. Thanks.
I was looking for them in the big photos of the courtyard but I didn´t find them close to the Casiraghis.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:43 PM
Aristocracy

Elisabeth-Ann was directly in Pauline Ducruet's left, across the center aisle. Melanie was seated right behind Pauline.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:26 AM
Aristocracy

From what I have seen of the wedding it was perfect. The Bride was georgous and the groom looked handsome. They seem to care deeply about each other. I wish them a good married life and a personal relationship with Christ.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:47 AM
Administrator

You are most welcome, Renata4711 and rosana!

I've made another research and a screencap - here are the results

** Elisabeth-Anne at the civil wedding **

** Elisabeth-Anne in red at the church wedding **

** Melanie at the church wedding ** (I've made a little sign to avoid confusion
Old 07-08-2011, 06:11 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I knew that something had to be TACKY regarding this wedding, it wasnt the ceremony etc but finally, here we go
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wlYtIKukBC...ideshow_v2.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7YBescp7Iq...ideshow_v2.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-koLlIQtqcJ...ideshow_v2.jpg

Who are two brunette women?
Old 07-08-2011, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
They attended both the civil and the church wedding and the celebrations around it, I've seen them several times
on television, but it's indeed hard to find pics, here's at least one of Elisabeth-Anne and Melanie arriving at the
dinner on July 2nd:

** Pic **
Thank You!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Courtier

Princess Stephanie w/ her 3 children, Louis, Pauline, and Camille, at the wedding of Monaco's Prince Albert and his fiance, Charlene Wittstock:

Princess Stephanie Pictures - European Royal Wedding Guests - Zimbio

Camille has grew up, she is now almost as tall as Pauline, and Louis has a striking resemblance to Prince Albert in this pic!

Full body:

Princess Stephanie Pictures - European Royal Wedding Guests - Zimbio
Old 07-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Heir Apparent

The newlywed Prince has really nice nephews and nieces:
When it comes to beauty, Stephanie's children don't yield to their cousins in nothing.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

It must have been well thought about, I do not think the British royal household is anything but a very professionally run business with very good PR.

Monoca did what they like and entertainment comes natural to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
As I said in another thread, as a British person I found it mortifying the way the foreign Royals were packed off from William's wedding in the afternoon and had to find their own entertainment that night. It was the worst hospitality I've ever seen at a major Royal event and was downright ignorant behaviour IMO. At least PA laid on entertainment that was on a par with other Royal Weddings and everyone looked to be having a wonderful time.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrid View Post
Who are two brunette women?
They are Princess Charlene bridal maids of honor :
Danish designer Isabell Kristensen and Prince Albert’s cousin Donatella Knecht de Massy.

I have not seen any picture of Ms Virginia Gallico who was the long lasting lady-in-waiting of Pricness Grace and after to Princess Caroline. Didn't she attend the wedding ?
Old 07-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Courtier

Is she still alive? Are they friends with Princess Grace?
Old 07-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by assia View Post
I have not seen any picture of Ms Virginia Gallico who was the long lasting lady-in-waiting of Pricness Grace and after to Princess Caroline. Didn't she attend the wedding ?

She was there.

During the ceremony, she was seated behind Beatrice Borromeo.

Also, during the live streaming, there was a shot of Karl Lagerfeld greeting and kissing Mrs Gallico in the courtyard before the actual ceremony.

There was also a picture of her with Vicki LeVine, Chris' wife, during the reception after the civil wedding. Can't find it though, but will post it once I do.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by assia View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtatum View Post
She was there.

During the ceremony, she was seated behind Beatrice Borromeo.

Here's a pic of her at the church wedding, as mtatum said, you can see her sitting behind Beatrice

** Virgina Gallico **
Old 07-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Have you noticed at the wedding, that the "Casiraghis" never smile when being photographed? Well, they´re no Royals, so this is not part of their "job discription", but this behaviour makes them seem very aloof and arrogant.
I tend to agree with you. A person does not have to be "royal" to smile occasionally. I think it does them no credit. I tend to think they may believe this lends them an air of sophistication.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Here's a pic of her at the church wedding, as mtatum said, you can see her sitting behind Beatrice

** Virgina Gallico **

Is the beared gentleman sitting in front of Ms Gallico Marco Cadsiraghi? He sure looks like him, and if he is, it certainly was a kind thought of P. Albert to have invited someone of the Casiraghi family to attend the wedding. I was also very pleased to see P. Ernst's boys attending the wedding. It shows respect and dignity from both parts: the Hanover boys towards their stepmother's family and, likewise the good relationship between P. Caroline and her stepsons
Old 07-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Serene Highness

I re-watched the wedding today once more and I noticed they didn´t even smile among each other, chatting to each other, or at that point of the ceremony, when everyone greeted the person setting next to them (I believe it was after a prayer)!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Why did the Archbishop refer to the Prince as Albert Alexandre instead of by his full name Albert Alexandre Louis Pierre during the wedding ceremony?

Besides the jewels Charlene received from Albert do we know of any other wedding gifts they received? From the people & Government of Monaco? From SBM? Any jewels from some of the Arab princes? Perhaps some diamonds from South Africa?

Other than Chris Levine were any other Kelly relations in attendance? Perhaps John Lehman, since he used to show up at big events in Monaco.