The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Gentry

Will there be more official photos of couple?

Old 07-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Aristocracy

ok, a lil' bit late, but i wanted to see all the videos and photos before i made my impression of the princely wedding. maybe you agree, maybe don't, but it's my opinion, and i have the right to say what i think.

first of all, in general, monaco did a great job promoting the wedding. lots of interviews and all that stuff made sure the wedding were well known internationally. specially when we see that the british wedding overshadow a&c's wedding a little bit.

all the wedding festivities before, during, and after the wedding deserves a 10. great job!

ok, here's when i start to criticize. just to be on the record, i don't like pa, and more now after all those rumours of other kids. hey, i'm not saying that those are true. but his image gets more poor after that. and i don't have nothing against charlene, i just don't like what the mrh has done to her. and she accepted everything. that's what i don't like about her.

about the guests, i will talk about them later at the guests' thread. but i will talk about the family of the newlyweds. caroline was awful(the civil wed outfit was quite fine), and her face said everything: she was there because "noblesse oblige". stephanie, IMO, looked better all the days. and more genuine. charlotte dress at the civil wed was terrible, and she looked pregnant. the religious ceremony outfits were great. but her posture and her attitude(she was like she was saying: "gosh, i'm very bored") damaged the whole look. andrea was terrible, pierre was better. tatiana was horrible, and beatrice was stunning...all that she wore were spectacular, from 1 to 10, she deserves a 20. stephanie's kids were fine, too. this is definetly her most success, no one can't deny that she's an excellent mother. a 10 to stephanie. and i liked her tears. she was genuine and emotive.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Aristocracy

about the wittstocks, they were fine. i can't belive yet that "satellite dish" comment. cp mary, margarita vargas and other ladies had the same "dish". that's what we used to call "mala leche"("bad milk").

now it's charlene's turn. the civil gown was good. but without the blazer. too long IMO. here hair was wonderful, and the makeup was quite well(after all that colagen and botox), she looked beautiful. at night, her necklace was stunning, and she was gorgeous.

her wedding gown at the religious wed? it was one of the best that i've ever see. armani did a fantastic job. it reminds me victoria of sweden's wedding dress at the top. her hair(love that broach!!!) and makeup was exquisite. a very beautiful bride. she deserves, not 10, but 20 or 30.

albert was blach...

the wedding was beautiful. but i saw charlene so sad and she made me feel emptiness. she looked empty, her face didn't showed any emotions. and albert was like he was doing an economic transaction. and that kiss!!!! they barely touches their lips!!!!

when she deposit the bouquet(nice flowers!) she showed an emotion, and i liked it. IMO, charlene is in love with albert, but pa doesn't. "don't cry", he said, with a very angry face. it's her wedding, for god's sake. let her cry if she feel the need to show her emotions!!!! those tears gave the wedding a romantic and more genuine feeling. good for her for showing her emotions(or she was saying, "oh my gosh, what did i did?"...).

the gala was fine, and charlene's dress was cute. albert was blach again.

generally, the wedding deserves a 10. and i hope they could be a happy couple, not for pa, but for princess charlene. she deserves a fairy tale finale.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Some photos from the brunch on Sunday:
Zvanična internet prezentacija Kraljevskog doma Karađorđević - The Royal Family of Serbia
Old 07-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Aristocracy

aren't any photos of the danish, dutch, and norwegians at tge brunch?
Old 07-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Majesty

a video of the gala dinner speech:
Monaco royal wedding: Prince Albert praises his bride Charlene Wittstock in moving wedding speech
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
Does anyone have a link to a closeup?Who is in this photo? only heads of state or all royals?
I haven't seen this asked anywhere else but surely I'm not the only one wondering why Henri and MT are in the front with the family in the official photo? Surely there was room on the steps for them. Are they particularly close to Albert?
Old 07-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

PA has never been good at speaking, whether public or semi-private.
It's not his fault and is probably something he can never improve.
The wedding "speech" was a case in point.

Monaco royal wedding: Prince Albert praises his bride Charlene Wittstock in moving wedding speech
Old 07-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

The wedding was well thought out and executed overall. I'm very impressed that this Princely wedding had more royalty in attendance than the British wedding. The Grimaldi's have come a long way from when Prince Rainier married Grace Kelly.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Commoner

I haven't seen any vid's of the Wedding of Albert and Charlene yet, and I don't mean a 15 minute video by fashionTV on Youtube.
I mean the full wedding service from start to finish.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Nobility

There's a link on page 42 of this thread,Whiskers.It's from a Finnish site
Old 07-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, European Royalty, seemed to be more welcome here. They were, even, invited to all the festivities. Unlike the British snobbery. They didn't have to go to someone's home to get dinner.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Aristocracy

Were the visiting/invited royals responsible for their lodging, or did the State take care of these expenses? As seen during the festivities, they were either accommodated at the Hotel de Paris or at the Hotel Hermitage.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskers View Post
I haven't seen any vid's of the Wedding of Albert and Charlene yet, and I don't mean a 15 minute video by fashionTV on Youtube.
I mean the full wedding service from start to finish.

Sorry, only german and norwegian:

Charlene & Albert - Die Fürsten-Hochzeit in voller Länge - Leute-Videos - Bild.de

NRK Nett-TV - hastighetsmåling
Old 07-07-2011, 05:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm getting rather tired of the constant BRF and Will&Kate bashing....

If you want to bash anyone, try the BBC and its bias, not us Brits.

I'm already dreading the coverage of Zara's wedding..... so I shall go to the Canongate Kirk and see if I can get a glimpse of any of the family....
Old 07-07-2011, 05:31 AM
Royal Highness

I asked me, what do the royals make, if they have some free-time after or before a/the wedding, and I found pictures, that they have visited Monaco, or maybe they went shopping, or something else... So they spent not the whole time in the hotels...
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 07-07-2011, 05:52 AM
Heir Apparent

The visiting royals will have had a whale of a time - gossiping with one another - renewing old friendships (or hates ?).
Old 07-07-2011, 07:34 AM
Commoner

A big thanks, fortimo

The German version Is fine.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Were Elisabeth Anne de Massy & her children at the Wedding?

I didn't see any photographs of them & I always assumed Albert was rather close to his cousin Elisabeth & her children?
Old 07-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Were Elisabeth Anne de Massy & her children at the Wedding?

I didn't see any photographs of them & I always assumed Albert was rather close to his cousin Elisabeth & her children?
They attended both the civil and the church wedding and the celebrations around it, I've seen them several times
on television, but it's indeed hard to find pics, here's at least one of Elisabeth-Anne and Melanie arriving at the
dinner on July 2nd:

** Pic **