The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe it has already been said here but I missed it : were there any Greek Royal invited ? I don't remember seeing one of them. If none, why ???

Old 07-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Whether invited, we cannot say. They did not attend, however.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 07-05-2011, 05:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Albert & Princess Charlene: Monaco Royal Wedding! | prince albert princess charlene royal wedding 10 - Photo Gallery | Just Jared
Old 07-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Claire really looks like a Princess - dignified, with a nice smile, nothing over the top.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Aristocracy

I didn't like how he was so mean to her when she was sobbing, not even crying in the chapel.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I knew that something had to be TACKY regarding this wedding, it wasnt the ceremony etc but finally, here we go
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wlYtIKukBC...ideshow_v2.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7YBescp7Iq...ideshow_v2.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-koLlIQtqcJ...ideshow_v2.jpg
OMG!!! Sooooo kitch

Another topic now!!! I was astonished by the beauty and the class of Charlene's mother!! Stunning! Better than her doughter. Does someone know how old is she??
But It did not like her father!. Not classy, not nice.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
According to finnish TV YLE, these clips (the whole wedding) should be able to watch also abroad. The wedding is in three clips.
Osa 1 | Ruhtinas Albertin häät | Toista | YLE Areena | yle.fi
Osa 2 | Ruhtinas Albertin häät | Toista | YLE Areena | yle.fi
Osa 3 | Ruhtinas Albertin häät | Toista | YLE Areena | yle.fi

Thank you, LadyFinn, I had been searching for the complete wedding, but in the meantime I enjoyed watching Andrea Bocelli sing over & over again ad infinitum "Ave Maria" ~ ~ as well as this clip of both the civil & religious ceremonies ~

Lol, I'm still trying to get my sea legs back after the exhausting but equally exhilarating week we just had. In fact I think I'm finally over the jet leg. But if I had to do it all over again I would without question! :)

Still, after all the excitement leading up to the big event, it does feel a bit sad though now that's it all over, but on the other hand I don't think I could handle another wedding. Ye gods!

ETA: one more thing, I so wish we would have had just a teeny tiny bit of footage of the cutting of the cake and the Ball, as we did at Victoria & Daniel's wedding last year. Nothing compares to actual live footage versus photos. Yet, I respect their privacy, and am grateful for footage of the civil & religious ceremonies, but the greedy side of me so wanted to see the couple take their first dance as man & wife, as well I would have loved to see what Charlotte's exquisite Cinderella Dress looked like in real time. Just the glimpse I got of it reminded me of sugar plum fairies, balls, princes, royal coaches and dreams....
Old 07-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Poor Laurent! You should see the look of absolute horror on the face of the carabinier standing behind him when the prince first hit the floor!
But do we know why he fell? Was it just a trip? One of those things? It looks like it was a fairly hard fall.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Question: The Prince's full name is Albert Aexandre Louis Pierre, yet the Archbishop called him Albert Alexandre during the wedding. Any reason why he would drop the last 2 names?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
Thank you, LadyFinn, I had been searching for the complete wedding, but in the meantime I enjoyed watching Andrea Bocelli sing over & over again ad infinitum "Ave Maria" ~

(..)

ETA: one more thing, I so wish we would have had just a teeny tiny bit of footage of the cutting of the cake and the Ball, as we did at Victoria & Daniel's wedding last year. Nothing compares to actual live footage versus photos. Yet, I respect their privacy, and am grateful for footage of the civil & religious ceremonies, but the greedy side of me so wanted to see the couple take their first dance as man & wife, as well I would have loved to see what Charlotte's exquisite Cinderella Dress looked like in real time. Just the glimpse I got of it reminded me of sugar plum fairies, balls, princes, royal coaches and dreams....
I am not sure which board it was on, maybe GREMB, but there have been short clips showing the cutting of the cake and the first dance. This clip has some of it as well.
http://youtu.be/OJS-ZcVAkvk
Old 07-05-2011, 03:31 PM
Aristocracy

have anyone pictures with princess sophie of liechtenstein on the evening?
Old 07-05-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
OMG!!! Sooooo kitch

Another topic now!!! I was astonished by the beauty and the class of Charlene's mother!! Stunning! Better than her doughter. Does someone know how old is she??
But It did not like her father!. Not classy, not nice.

Lynette Wittstock was born in 1957, so she's a year old than her son-in-law
Old 07-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tihkon2 View Post
Keep seeing people complaining that Charlene has "no jewlery" on or "no tiara".
Wrong. She's got an ENORMOUS wreath of diamonds all along the back of her head. How are people missing that?

The man standing next to Albert earlier in the ceremony was his first cousin and best man,
John B Kelly III.

Yesterday at the civil ceremony , his best man was his other first cousin, Chris Le Vine.
The best man was Chris LeVine for both ceremonies not JB.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Administrator

I was under the impression that Chris Levine was the best man for the civil ceremony and John Kelly III for the religious ceremony.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Not sure but at the reception Prince Albert referred to Chris as the best man.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Serene Highness

Found another cute part after rewatching the ceremony: Charlene asked Albert in the Palatine Chapel how she should sign the register. It is confusing: Am I Charlene de Monaco or Charlene Wittstock at this moment

Charlene and Albert on the cover of Point de Vue: http://www.pointdevue.fr/pointdevue-en_couverture
Old 07-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Aristocracy

Chris Levine was The best Man in the civil and religious ceremony.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Aristocracy

76 degrees is hot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
looks hot, everyone is fanning themselves with their programs, it is 76 degrees outside
Perhaps I am just conditioned to otherwise but 76 degrees outside would be paradise where I am in the Southeastern United States. It was 95 degrees most of this past week. I always carry a fan in my purse which frequently amuses others (but they usually ask to borrow it).
Old 07-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Serene Highness

I found a couple of video reports showing first dance, cake cutting, fireworks etc. Don't forget that both can be enlarged by clicking on the square at the bottom of the screen on the right hand side. Enjoy!

Lavish banquet and romantic first dance | Royal wedding, Prince Albert of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock

Albert pays tribute to Charlene at wedding finale | euronews, world news
Old 07-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm in the SW US and it is 85 degrees at midnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by izabela84 View Post
have anyone pictures with princess sophie of liechtenstein on the evening?
Ooo the royal family of Liechtensteinwere there? Sweet! I'm falling in love with that country and it's government.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
Prince Albert looks better without a uniform with tons of medals and ribbons on it, Princess Charlene's hair looks as if it has an antique diamond broach in it
Like Rainier when he married. I used to wonder where all his medals came from since Monaco did not have an army.