Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Franziska van Almsick and her husband Jürgen Harder
Daylife
Daylife
They are not married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop81 View Post
Norweigian Nrk.no also now has a video of Prince Albert´s speak:
– Jeg tror dette er den beste beslutningen jeg har tatt - Kultur-og-underholdning - NRK

Imo, not a great speech and not very directed towards the bride...
Albert is not a good speaker .. he basically said Thank you Charlene for marrying me DESPITE who I am.

Charlene must know that Albert wont change his ways and that her life will be living hell if she couldnt cope.

Very similar to Grace & Rainier, they barely knew each other and their relationship was a business agreement at first, he needed a princess and she wanted a rich man and a family.

They only learned to accommdate to each other's needs years later and they learned to love each other.

For me it is clearly history repeating itself but hopefully Charlene is fully aware and doesnt believe in naive clichees about changing a man's ways.
There is some Rainier in Albert too, not only Grace.

Old 07-03-2011, 05:21 AM
Courtier

PurePeople.com: more pics of Charlotte's arrival with her brothers, at night. The article says that Charlene has asked people to write her name in the french way: Charlène, and not Charlene anymore.

Old 07-03-2011, 05:25 AM
Royal Highness

This was beautiful.

Now that I have a little time I'll have to get this off my chest.
I loved the entire thing... and even if this is going to sound not as manly as I always like to come off ... it was really just very very pretty.

First of all : the bride ... Charlene looked gorgeous.... so freakin' beautiful ... reserved, a little thoughtful ( naturallly ) and very moved. I loved the dress! Just perfect.
Albert's proud and happy and it shows ... I always liked him... he's such a great guy.
I'm more than happy for them!!!

It was actually everything I wanted it to be.

Of course I just looooooooooooved Stephanie walking in on her son's arm.

Everything the girls were wearing was amazing, pretty ... they were all gorgeous too.

It was cute ... Alex and Camille were having fun chatting. Steph and Caro as well.

It's been great to see Ernst jr. and Christian ( as I expected ) ... they were right there were they belong ... they are Albert's and Steph's nephews ... that won't change...

Pauline and Charlotte reading for their aunt and uncle ... just wonderful.

Alex and Camille for the wedding rings .... sweet.

They all still remind me of my own family. With my cousins we don't always hang out 'cause we live in different places ... but when we do it's all just fun and closeness ... like Albert's family ... they are a very tight family. They have great bond ... love it.

Steph cracked me up with her first reaction to the click song .... think she was a little taken by surprise :))))

Charlene at St. Devote .... awwwwwwwwww .... she's so freakin' sweet ...

...ok ... I'm out :)
Old 07-03-2011, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I liked the simplicity of the area. Charlene looked really nice but in some pictures she looked like a barbie, pale and too blonde. Make up was not bad but could've been better (she didn't look as radiant as at the civil wedding).

The disappointment was that she didn't wear any earrings not even studs.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
PurePeople.com: more pics of Charlotte's arrival with her brothers, at night. The article says that Charlene has asked people to write her name in the french way: Charlène, and not Charlene anymore.

Do you know why she asked?
Old 07-03-2011, 05:37 AM
Serene Highness

Ah poor Albert he was so nervous giving his speech.
Did anyone hear the speeches of his witness and of Charlene's father?
Old 07-03-2011, 05:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, compared to the previous day (where she looked okay) and yesterday (where she looked very strange), the overall impression was "Where am I, and why?"
Old 07-03-2011, 05:41 AM
Courtier

Anyone know when we will see the official pics ?
Old 07-03-2011, 05:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrid View Post
Do you know why she asked?

It's suits better into a French speaking country - Caroline and Stéphanie are also pronounced differently in French and in English..

Another purepeople gallery focussing on the couple:

** La princesse Charlene de Monaco craque : chaudes larmes à Sainte-Dévote **

And one about Stephanie's children:

** Pauline Ducruet au mariage : Nouvelle Charlotte Casiraghi ou nouvelle Pippa ? **

** Mariage à Monaco : Quel prince s'est royalement pris les pieds dans le tapis ? **
Old 07-03-2011, 05:59 AM
Courtier

^ I think that she asked it because she wanted to show that know, she's a monegasque, and maybe even that she's not an english-spoken anymore. Monaco and France share the same prononciation, and it appears logical to me that now that she Princess of Monaco, her name is written in the monegasque/french way, as Stéphanie is.

Thanks for the links Iceflower, poor Laurent of Belgium.... If I were him, I would be soooo ashamed!!! I still don't see what made him fall.

EDIT: Charlène's wedding dress reminds me the dress she wore for Amfar Gala. I remember that everybody here admired her, in this dress, and said that it would have made an amazing dress for the wedding. Did Charlène hear us??

EDIT, again: did you notice Charlotte's mistake during her speech at the mass? She said "nous avons-t-aimé" instead of "nous avons-z-aimé". It's normal, because she seems shy, and the circunstances were stressing! But what made me laugh is Andrea's reaction. He looked at her, and looked around him, to see if he was the only one to have noticed his sister's mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt View Post
A clip of the tiara/necklace that Prince Albert has given to his wife as a present,it's been made by Van Cleef and Arpels

(...)
Thanks a lot for this very interesting video! I love watching at this kind of video, it's amazing to see how someone can realize such beautiful and delicate things.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
^ I think that she asked it because she wanted to show that know, she's a monegasque, and maybe even that she's not an english-spoken anymore. Monaco and France share the same prononciation, and it appears logical to me that now that she Princess of Monaco, her name is written in the monegasque/french way, as Stéphanie is.

Thanks for the links Iceflower, poor Laurent of Belgium.... If I were him, I would be soooo ashamed!!! I still don't see what made him fall.

EDIT: Charlène's wedding dress reminds me the dress she wore for Amfar Gala. I remember that everybody here admired her, in this dress, and said that it would have made an amazing dress for the wedding. Did Charlène hear us??

EDIT, again: did you notice Charlotte's mistake during her speech at the mass? She said "nous avons-t-aimé" instead of "nous avons-z-aimé". It's normal, because she seems shy, and the circunstances were stressing! But what made me laugh is Andrea's reaction. He looked at her, and looked around him, to see if he was the only one to have noticed his sister's mistake.
What does this phrase mean? And is there any logical meaning of the wrong phrase Char said in her speech? Sorry but i lhave a lack of french knowledge.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Charlene's tears at Sainte-Dévote

The singers were Marie-Clotilde Wurz de Baets and her daughter Juliette de Baets.

Marie Clotilde is not just a good singer, but a psychologist living and working in Monaco.

mcwurz.psychologue@monaco.mc

Wurz-de Baets Marie Clotilde psychologues MONACO (PRINCIPAUTE DE)
Old 07-03-2011, 06:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
What does this phrase mean? And is there any logical meaning of the wrong phrase Char said in her speech? Sorry but i lhave a lack of french knowledge.
Nous avons aimé = we loved. The mistake is not in the sentence (extracted from the Holly Bible) but in the way she pronounced it: wrong link between the words, she pronounced a "t" that wasn't at the end of "avons".
Old 07-03-2011, 06:48 AM
Nobility

There are pictures of the wedding cake and the couple's first dance on Getty Images

Today,sunday, is also the brunch for the royal guests at the palace..I hope we get pictures from that.

Btw,I take that the something borrowed that the bride wore on her hair were the diamond and platinum brooches of Princess Caroline,non?
Old 07-03-2011, 06:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Cena de gala tras la boda real de Alberto de Mónaco y Charlene Wittstock: Galería en Bekia
Old 07-03-2011, 07:03 AM
Nobility

What's on top of the cake?..an ivory tusk made of sugar? I'm dying to see the group picture with the royals,it would be gorgeous!
Old 07-03-2011, 07:04 AM
Royal Highness

What a beautiful wedding.
The location, the guests, the weather, her dress. Her dress is soooo stunning. Really elegant and classy and I love the veil with the jewelry at the side of her hair-do. Just perfect. She tops my list now.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939 View Post
when Princess charlene cried , what did albert say to her , he looked like he was being quite sharp with her .
It looked like he said "Don't spoil it.."
Old 07-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Heir Apparent

That's pure speculation IMO.

Perhaps, in years to come, every TV station or hack will be accompanied by experienced lipreaders ..... but, gladly, that isn't the case - yet.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Serene Highness

I think he said something like: It's allright

When they came out of Ste Dévote he said something like 'Shall we give them a kiss' and then repeated because she didn't hear. Then she threw a kiss at the crowd, but he wanted to kiss her.