Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock: Church Wedding - July 2, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
great photos. Thanks for the links :flowers:

Yes Prince Feisal attended! Was seen very briefly on tv!
Yes i see him in telvision but princess sarah chose very not nice colour :ermm: if she put little light color ; so match her skin color like white or ; anything light colours

I found a video of a documentary which was on RTL TVI just some days before the wedding, there are two parts.
the two reporters show the atmosphere just before the wedding and they spoke about the childhoods of Albert and Charlene, the father of Charlene and a teacher and friends speak about Charlene
In the second part they speak how Albert and Charlene meet and friends speak when Charlene was in South Africa and Prince Albert asked her to come in 2007 to Monaco and Charlene was anxious to come.
The site is
RTL TVI Albert et Charlene, histoire d'une passion

I doubt there will be a DVD, are there DVDs for the Swedish, Denmark, and Norway weddings? If so then the likelihood of a Monaco wedding DVD goes up.

Further to my earlier post, I received a reply from the Monaco Bureau in London stating " We have not been given information about a DVD being in production. I can not tell you with a certainty whether there would be one any time soon." :sad:
I have also emailed the official press agency in Monaco but am still awaiting a reply.

Thanks, Elly. I was hoping there would be one, as I could watch their wedding at least twice a year!

Further to my earlier post, I received a reply from the Monaco Bureau in London stating " We have not been given information about a DVD being in production. I can not tell you with a certainty whether there would be one any time soon." :sad:
I have also emailed the official press agency in Monaco but am still awaiting a reply.
Thank you Elly for this information. It's too bad that there probably won't be a DVD :sad:

:previous: Hey,at least we have youtube! ;)

Thanks Smush. I'm wondering if there were any postcards on sale when you visited or the photo book that is mentioned in earlier posts. When I visited it was the first week of the exhibition, so I could understand why there wasn't anything to buy, but by now I would hope there is something. Thank goodness you can take photos.

I think the best bet for watching the wedding is to convert videos from Youtube and save them to your computer. That is as far as I can get because I don't know how to burn videos onto a DVD.

Thanks Smush. I'm wondering if there were any postcards on sale when you visited or the photo book that is mentioned in earlier posts. When I visited it was the first week of the exhibition, so I could understand why there wasn't anything to buy, but by now I would hope there is something. Thank goodness you can take photos.
Besides the wedding souvenirs you couldn't buy anything!!! :sad:
No postcards (!!!) and these wedding souvenirs are only near the palace and the exhibition at the museum.
The book of photos of the wedding are only to buy at the museum either.
When we visited the palace we got through some rooms, including the throne room where the civil wedding took place.
Not a word of the wedding, the engagement or Charlene.
It was VERY disappointing that after 3 months nothing was renewed.:sad::sad:
But in the throne room there was this marvellous oil painting of the Grimaldis (Grace, Rainier, Albert, Caro and Steph).

There is the entire wedding on Bild de , but it is in german for the people who wants to watch a second time the wedding

It's at the Oceanographic Museum in Monaco.
It's a weird place to have a wedding exhibition at a museum full of fishes and sealife stuff :D

FINALLY: I found two official photographs of the wedding, one of Charlene and Albert, the second with the whole family:

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/8892/officielefotohuwelijkch.jpg
palais.mc

Family picture:
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8062/familieportretcharlenee.jpg
palais.mc

On the last picture, you'll find the following persons:
Princess Charlene & prince Albert, the princess of Hannover Caroline, princess Stephanie, Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre Casiraghi, princess Alexandra, prince Ernst August jr. and prince Christian of Hannover, Louis and Pauline Ducruet, Camille Gottlieb, Michael & Lynette, Gareth and Sean Wittstock, Donatella de Massy, Chris Levine and the seven bridesmaides.

Apparently the Court had released an document in French on the 21st of november with information on the wedding and that document included both photos! This is the link to the French document from the Princely Court: dagen: http://www.palais.mc...ge_Princier.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

Thanks a lot for posting your findings, Sanneeee! The group picture looks a bit put together,
but I really like the fact that Prince Ernst August junior and Prince Christian are included in
that inner family portrait.

Is Camille Gottlieb standing behind Princess Caroline?
How unfortunate, as we only can see her feet. :sad:

I like very much the photo of the entire family, I am surprised to see the two sons of Ernst August of Hanover here on this photo.Camille Gottlieb was there because, she is on the list which says what member of the family was on the family. I think Camille did not want to be taken in photo.

I knew already the photo of Prince Albert and Charlène because it is at the history of the wedding at the museum I also see it last week on cardposts at Monaco, I think it is the official photo for now

Great find!
Yep, Camille seems to be behind Princess Caroline. What a pity, how the photographer didn't note that? He could have take several pictures and chose the better one.

Reading the guest list apparently quite a few more Kelly relations were in attendance other than JB Kelly, Chris Levine and John Lehman.

Great photos. Thanks for posting them!

Caroline and Stephanie not smiling in a family protrait. And Caroline appart from the group as if she didn´t want to be part of it. It says a lot. The sisters don´t look particularly happy that their brother has just married. I suspect why.

I think Caroline is standing apart so she doesn't hit Stephanie with the brim of that hat!

I love it how the Hanover boys are in the photo as well. Good to see that their relationship has continued.

Andrea, Pierre and Charlotte are smiling at their uncle's wedding.
I wonder why :D

As Smush said why the nephews are smiling?
The space between Princess Stephanie and Princess Caroline was the place of Camille, but she was behind her aunt.
Princess Stephanie doest not like smile, during the national fest of this year, she was not very smiling but she always said she was very happy for Albert and Charlene , in an interview two days before the wedding with Jean Claude Narcy on the channel1, she said 'that all these bad rumors come of the jalousie of the people, she said also that she will always support her future sister in law and she likes her a lot;' She also cried during the civil wedding, and she said to Stephan Bern that she was very moved for his brother and Charlène.
For Caroline, this wedding recalls her that all her weddings were a failure.
She helped Charlène and Albert in the wedding preparation, she took the place of a mother in law who was no more here, it was her idea for the little maidbrides in the national dresses and for the decoration for the evening gala.

I don't know why the nephews and nieces shouldn't been smiling.
If they were serious in the photos, they would be critized so...

Omg!! How many silly excuses!! This is a family event! Everybody should be happy, shouldn´t they? At least pretend that you are for an official portrait that will be seen by future generations.

Caroline´s weddings were ALL a failure!?? She was a widow, there was an accident, that is not a failure!! She had a happy life with ups and downs, why would she go through life with an expression of sorrow because she divorced once and her current husband is not a hypocrite like most royals and decided to step aside? Caroline was much happier in other royal weddings she attended.

I think the proper thing to say re: Caroline's marriages is that they all ended sadly. No one I've ever known has married with wishes to have any of them end badly.

Back
Top Bottom