Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock: Church Wedding - July 2, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, it was fun .... but we'd better make the best of it because it won't come again twice in a lifetime...

Oh, Renata, do you think there will be no interest when the Casaraghi boys marry. Granted, they are not royal, per se, but I think they will generate quite a buzz.

My first Royal Wedding was that of the Princess Elizabeth. I've had lots and lots of Royal Weddings! (I was three weeks old at the time of her wedding.) My first cognizant Royal Wedding was that of Grace and Rainier. My mother had a terrible crush on Rainier and she never spoke his name again after he married Grace.

Last edited:
Congratulations Princess Charlene & Prince Albert,
Princess Charlene elegance,noble and beautiful royal bride.

I admit I don't find Rainer that attractive, sometimes his face seems a little weird. But he is much more of a gentleman than his son.
Anyway, I wasn't alive for CnDs wedding but I did see clips of it and a few years ago the entire thing.
I think the best thing about Charlene and Albert's wedding is it goes back to the majesty and beauty of Grace and Rainer's wedding, which Stephanie and Caroline didn't have.

I loved the length of Charlene's train and the three-layered idea for it was unusual but I didn't like the way the veil was so low down at the back of her head. After all, you don't wear a hat like that so why a wedding veil?

Oh, Renata, do you think there will be no interest when the Casaraghi boys marry. Granted, they are not royal, per se, but I think they will generate quite a buzz.

My first Royal Wedding was that of the Princess Elizabeth. I've had lots and lots of Royal Weddings! (I was three weeks old at the time of her wedding.) My first cognizant Royal Wedding was that of Grace and Rainier. My mother had a terrible crush on Rainier and she never spoke his name again after he married Grace.

Oh, this made me feel quite sad Kitty - your mother having a crush on the handsomely dishy and exceedingly dashing young Prince Rainier (with a name like that who wouldn't have?!) and having all hopes dashed when he married.....and she never spoke his name again :-(
I think my mother did the same with Jose Carreras.

I do agree that when Caroline's children get married there will be quite a buzz about it - after all, they have their heritage, are famous and by then most of the current younger generation of royals are now married.

Photos of whom??? If you mean wedding photos of Charlene and Albert, there are videos and still shots all over the web.

Really, all you need to do is go back to the very beginning of this thread.

Oh, KittyAtlanta, you made me feel nostalgia all over again...... I remember having lunch and orange juice in a pub, and the (small) TV set showed Rainier and Grace....

There are many photos on the wedding of Prince Albert, you go on You tube there are many videos on the wedding in many languages, the exposition in Monaco on the wedding make a success, you must wait a long time before entering in the Ocean Museum where there is the exposition, it is a success.there are many visitors of all the countries
On the site 'the royal correspondent' I like very much because we have many news about all the royalties with any bad comments, neutral. there is the new that there will be a disighner for the privat appartment of Monaco, there is the photo I saw at the exposition of the wedding, I never saw it in the media, it is the official photo of the couple after the civil wedding. Very nice under the photo of the Princess Grace as they wanted to make think to her during this big event for them

How many of the Kelly cousins attended? I saw Chris Le Vine, he was the best man. I also saw John Lehman. Anyone else?

nice photos in gallery, We see the photos of the couple we never saw before.
One is in the lexus, they have their hands crossed, I think it is after the Sainte Devote ceremony, there is no more the flowers brunch
Many photos are taken in the palace , I think after the civil ceremony, there is the photo of the couple, i like very much under the portrait of Princess Grace; there is the photo of the couple with their witness, She is not very well, I prefer these in the museum and there are the photos just before the scene of the balcony and during the scene. We saw them with their hands crossed and during the scene of balcony,their hands are crossed and hidden of the sight of tv . These two persons are very secret they do not want to show their feelings, they think as us the french people, we say 'to live happy, live hidden'

:previous: That's my motto as well, 'to live happy, live hidden.'

New poster here.
My top moments from the wedding:
After Charlene and Albert get into the car, Albert reaches over to help her clear off the petals that have fallen and landed into the top area of her dress.
If you go back and view photos, when Albert was placing the ring on her finger, he originally aimed for the wrong hand. One of the videos (maybe fashionspot) shows this really well. It was just cute in my opinion.
In the car on the way to the chapel, they are holding hands when they aren't waving. If you look through the photos Iceflower posted, you will find one.

Here's another great gallery with pics of the wedding I've found, many unseen pics are included:

** Wedding speech ** Group picture 1 ** Group picture 2 ** Gallery **

awesome job on the photo find!

Last edited by a moderator:
There are also also others moments, I like at the vows, as the bishop said the question to Albert ' Albert, Alexandre, do you promise to Charlene Lynette, He looked the beshop than turned his head to Charlene at each sentences, and when he placed the ring at her finger, he said her something and gave her a kiss in the air.
I saw also the scene of the petals in the car.
At the moment of the bless of wedding, the brides knelled; Prince Albert had his head down and his hands crossed,Charlene had her head up and her hands opened
Pauline read a text choosen by the future brides who said ' Oh my Lord, may we live long times to our old days happy'
They were holding their hands ( you can see on many photos as the bisshop said( My lord, nothing separat us' It was just before the marvellous song that Renee Flemeng sang.
In this Mass, there were many sentences which said there is love between them.

Has any list of wedding gifts received by the couple been released or perhaps an announcement of a future display of the gifts received?

Probably not, as any wedding gifts would be personal.

I am going to ask this on every thread because I am desperate; Does anyone know if an official wedding DVD is planned?

The more pictures and footage I see the more I think this really was the most wonderful wedding. There's no doubt that Monaco has languished on the outskirts of the European Royal "club", as it were, from the time of PG's death. Mainly IMO because of the behaviour of it's members. I had almost given up hope of the Principality ever finding it's way again but with the introduction of PC all that has changed. The wedding had a first rate Royal attendance, the only thing that baffles me is the non-representation of the Spanish Royal Family. Does anyone have any idea why this happened?

Last edited by a moderator:
The wedding had a first rate Royal attendance, the only thing that baffles me is the non-representation of the Spanish Royal Family. Does anyone have any idea why this happened?

There were reports that it was because Louis Alphonso de Bourbon was invited using the title HRH The Duke of Anjou. Not sure of the specifics but it has something to do with claims to be head of the whole house of Bourbon which of course the King of Spain would not recognize. The Anjou title is also not used by the Spanish court.

http://i42.tinypic.com/x0tpaw.jpg
Could this be the jewel of Caroline that was used as Charlene's hair jewel?
I found it in Caroline's jewel thread, she wore the pin to an Armani fashion show in 1983

It very much looks like it.

Any news on a DVD of the wedding to buy???

Any news on a DVD of the wedding to buy???
I hav emailed the Monaco tourist & convention office in London as they have been very helpful with enquiries in the past - haven't heard back yet but it has been a holiday weekend in the UK. Will let you know if I get any further info.

Back
Top Bottom