The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorette View Post
She looked amazing. Very beautiful and classy dress, lovely hairstyle and fabulous hairpiece. It really surprised me with the class it showed. But she looked sad, sad, sad, apart from a few moments. No warmth or intimacy in them touching. One wonders why they got married in the first place?

The coldness between the couple was noticed in online and news comments too.
I came to say exatly the same, word by word. But, now they are married, so let's hope they'll have a nice married life.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
If anything, I think it would be more probable to be the other way around...
Albert is a sensative Pisces..notice how very soft spoken and low keyed he is?

I believe she is a Aquarian..on the surface, unemotional.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post

I don't know about their horoscopes but I think that what you wrote summed up their personalities quite well. There is nothing wrong with thinking that one should hold it together for some occasions.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Serene Highness

I hope we get a family if all the Grimaldi's and their kids a nice family portrait
Heir Apparent

Well, Lagerfeld, whatever else he may be, is/was darned good at the drawing board.
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Princess Charlene of Monaco and Prince Albert Wedding Pictures

Prince Albert & Princess Charlene: Monaco Royal Wedding! | Prince Albert, Princess Charlene, Wedding Pictures : Just Jared

Monaco royal wedding: Charlene and Prince Albert exchange vows in religious ceremony | Mail Online
Old 07-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Gentry

It was a strange set of plus and minuses. On the plus side...... was a bride ever more beautifully or stunningly turned out. She was quite simply perfection. Nothing could be faulted, and in my humble opinion from the "turned out" point of view, she put Kate Middleton in the shade.

On the opposite side of the coin.... Kate Middleton beamed with utter joy and happiness from the moment she entered the Abbey and as for Victoria and Daniel of Sweden...... will anything beat the display of their overwhelming love and devotion to each other during their wedding ceremony.

For a girl who appeared as a stunningly beautiful bride today...........I have never seen such sadness or such a subdued affect in someone on what is supposed to be the happiest day of her life. Likewise.. Albert did not look totally relaxed either and although he did wink at her occasionally, and smile a little....... the undercurrent of tension and worry for want of a better word came through.

I really do hope it was all down the the enormity of the occasion, with millions watching and perhaps nerves showing, but there was a definite lack of spark ... there was no radiance I suppose.. thats the best word to use... she was beautiful, but there was no radiance of joy at all. Time will tell how this story unfolds.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Aristocracy

A lovely wedding! Charlene was an absolutely stunning bride -the lovely vail and hairdo and the flawless face! - and Albert looked very good too. There was a lot of tender moments between them and emotions were visible on the faces of them both.
The little girls in Monegasque national costumes were so cute! I only missed some maid of honour, who would have taken care for her train better.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Courtier

Every TV-channel seems to have cut out Charlene´s crying in St. Devote. I missed it on TV so please are there any video-clips where I can find it quite fast?
Old 07-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Gentry

Quote:
I hope she DOES not break his heart...
Surely you mean the other way around... and it looks like he may have done so already !
Old 07-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Courtier

Thank you for enabling such beautiful coverage of the wedding. It was so filled with emotions (sadness, joy, inadequacy, surprise, giving, detachment) and the timing of the photos picked them all up. Again, thank you for providing this lovely service.

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 07-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
Every TV-channel seems to have cut out Charlene´s crying in St. Devote. I missed it on TV so please are there any video-clips where I can find it quite fast?

I saw it on CNN international live.

http://www.presse.gouv.mc/304/wwwnew.nsf/1909!/x3Fr?OpenDocument&3Fr

This link is replaying the wedding. Maybe you will see it here.

The link is currently not showing the wedding but if you find the clip of her at the church....she is listening to the women and the girl sing.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Well, it was Charlene who cried. So you can't really call her unemotional.

I must say I am not fond of Albert or his sisters (who are both aquarians and couldn't be more different). But Charlene is growing on me. I thought she was more emotional than Kate or Letizia (to compare this wedding with another catholic wedding).
Old 07-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
What a lovely ceremony. I loved the glances they gave each other during it.

It was very nice to see the Grimaldi sisters and all their children together and to hear their voices at the readings.

What I really liked is that the Casiraghi kids all could walk in the Palace with their respective partners.

When Charlene started crying in the Sainte Dévote church, I thought she never looked more beautiful.

What I didn't like is that the bridesmaid(s) didn't take better care of Charlene. She was struggling with her bouquet because no one took it from her when the ceremony started and when they went out of the Palace her train looked like a mess.
And when she walked in on her father's arm she looked like she really had to pull the train.

And although the cour d'honneur was a beautiful setting, I would have liked it more in the cathedral I think.

Hope to see the official pictures soon and of the dinner later.
You almost wrote all my impressions of the wedding. I really liked this wedding and I don't know why so many people are saying the couple looked sad or didn't show any emotion. When Rainier died, in the funeral, Caroline and Stephanie cried a lot, and Albert stayed serious and composed. It's his way of behaving in public, calm and reserved. And they smiled and talked to each other much, much more than William and Kate. I don't remember Kate smiling during the service of this wedding. I don't want to compare this wedding with the British one, but I think a lot of people are doing this since the two weddings occured with just two months apart.
I think Charlene is one of most beautiful princess of all time and she was almost perfect. A missed a pair of earrings and didn't like the make up (too much pink for me), but overall she was stunning. And the pricely family of Monaco is so beautiful! The young generation was perfect! Albert's nephews are so gorgeous! And his nieces are adorable! It was so nice to see Alexandra and Pauline interacting with each other, as well of seeing them and Charlotte and Pauline during the readings.
And all the music played were very beautiful, specially "Ave Maria" sung by Andrea Bocelli.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

It was the haunting music that got Charlene in the end.
First there were the bagpipes (cornemuse in French) which sounded quite sad.
Then there was a song sung by two girls, and that's the thing that got CW going.
I think it might have been a hymn about Sainte Dévote.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
I like this shot. I think Princess Charlene looks beautiful.

http://i53.tinypic.com/288bkgk.jpg
This is a lovely shot, wish it was without the watermark. I've finallly seen the diamonds in her hair. I think it's a necklace and it's beautifully done, just wished she had a tiny pair of pearls or little diamond studs. Overall this was a very chic almost casual wedding. You would think they were just wealthy people throwing a big wedding and not a Royal wedding. Like this one much better than the last one we just had.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY View Post
This is a lovely shot, wish it was without the watermark. I've finallly seen the diamonds in her hair. I think it's a necklace and it's beautifully done, just wished she had a tiny pair of pearls or little diamond studs. Overall this was a very chic almost casual wedding. You would think they were just wealthy people throwing a big wedding and not a Royal wedding. Like this one much better than the last one we just had.

Agree with almost everything except I think that a pair of earrings would have contrasted too much with the diamonds in her hair. They wrapped all the way around her head and rested behind her ears so it might have been too busy.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent

King Albert of the Belgians was the only Monarch who wears the Monaco's Charles Order.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Old 07-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Royal Highness

Well my two cents about this wedding. Well not bad, not bad at all but, and this is my very own opinion, there's always something cheap with Monaco in general. Its difficult to define but there was no "serene grandeur" like the other royal weddings, something saying "woah that's royal". I know Monaco is a micro principality but as i said it's a very personnal feeling.
About feelings i can't blame the couple to be somewhat, well cold, at least not overjoyed. It's perfecly known, at least in some circles, that's this union is not a lovematch but a "business partnership", without doubt with a lot of friendship, affection and respect. It's their choice and we must respect that. They will maintain some high level of glittering stuff in Monaco, that's their job and royal watchers will be delighted, but don't expect tons of love from this couple.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Commoner

Hi people, here is a Video with Charlotte Casiragui at the Prince Albert II and Charlene's Wedding (Unfortunately, there is no the part where she is speaking) :(

But it's possible to see her walking beautifully :)