Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock: Church Wedding - July 2, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's up with Mette-Marit's hair? Maybe it's the lighting. I wish she would've gone with a pretty updo like she had last summer at CP Victoria's wedding. And she should definitely stay out of the sun. I can see some skin damage and she looks so much prettier with her natural skin tone.

CP Victoria and Prince Daniel looked better than earlier today; I didn't like Victoria's 'hat' and her hair was partly disheveled; the couple looked like they had had a tender moment reminiscing their wedding a year ago before they got in the car for this wedding... :whistling::lol: But I swear I've seen that gown before...

I am so happy we see bright colours again! I'm so fed up with the 'nude' and 'camel'... CP Mary is looking gorgeous! At first I thought she had found some creative use for her sash but I guess that is part of the dress! :p

Last edited:
dont know were to put it. Feel free to re-direct it if necessary. I received information on my mailbox. A french article in the NOUVEL OBSERVATEUR. One of the most serious and notorious news magazine (as TIME ou NEWSWEEK). A rival to the L'EXPRESS.

The article is in french, but for those who can real in french. It states that the wedding today failed to interest french people. I just translate the title with google traduction

Albert de Monaco : autopsie d'un mariage foiré - le Plus

Albert of Monaco: autopsy of a messed up marriage
Nothing to be done in France the marriage of prince Albert of Monaco has not packed crowds. Not even speculate about the degree of love, let us simply to decrypt communication errors.

For a girl who appeared as a stunningly beautiful bride today...........I have never seen such sadness or such a subdued affect in someone on what is supposed to be the happiest day of her life. Likewise.. Albert did not look totally relaxed either and although he did wink at her occasionally, and smile a little....... the undercurrent of tension and worry for want of a better word came through.
Both Albert and Charlene are former Olympic athletes and you don't get there without getting a good and reliable grip on your emotions. It was a very important occasion and so they both tried to be as reliable and steadfast as possible. But there were spontaneous reactions, he gave her encouraging winks, she smiled a bit (one could see her dimples appearing then) but then both concentrated on the service again. I don't know how devout they both are but for the reigning couple of a country which has a state religion, they both appeared suitably devout and serious about what they were promising. Once the service was over, you could see from the way they held their hands and from the way their eyes interlocked that they were both glad it was over and that they seemed to wish to be alone. Just my impression, but according to Vogue, Charlene said something along the line that she regards her wedding like a swimming competition: concentrate, be fit and win.

Nrk.no has a gallery with many of the royals guests arriving for the dinner tonight:
Her ankommer de bryllupsmiddagen - Verden - NRK Nyheter

Princess Caroline in a sapphire tiara - i´ve never seen this one before is this something new? (but i don´t follow the monaco family so close so maybe she´s worn it before)

Can´t say i like Charlene´s "tiara" or should i say hair ornament - hardly visable - but otherwise she looks good

Stephanie looks nice in her dress tonight arriving with grand duke Henri of Luxembourg

Don't she her kids but I'm still looking

Nrk.no has a gallery with many of the royals guests arriving for the dinner tonight:

Princess Caroline in a sapphire tiara - i´ve never seen this one before is this something new? (but i don´t follow the monaco family so close so maybe she´s worn it before)

Can´t say i like Charlene´s "tiara" or should i say hair ornament - hardly visable - but otherwise she looks good
I haven't seen Caroline, maybe you mistaken her for someone else?

I really like Caroline and Charlotte's looks. Mary looks good too. I like Victoria's look as well. (much better than at the wedding!)

Something about the bodice of her gown bothers me, maybe it should be more off the shoulder? I'm very disappointed there's no tiara or jewelry:sad: however.....the back view of the dress is fabulous! I still like it more than Kate's. I don't know what to expect from Zara but as long as it fits her bosom properly I'll be happy.

Lol I love Zara, but I second that! :lol:

Charlene looked wonderful today, she's defenitely one of my favourite princesses, so elegant and simple! :flowers: I thought Albert seemed a bit cold from time to time during the wedding but perhaps that was only my imagination...:ermm:

I thought for sure that Princess Charlene would wear a tiara. Most of the other royal ladies did wear one to the dinner gala.

Congratulations to the happy couple! It was a beautiful wedding! Charlene was more beautiful and more stilish than Kate was in the day of her wedding. There's no doubt about that! In my opinion this in the wedding of the year.

True love or not but damn,the marriage toast made me cry! I was touched.
Best Wishes to the couple!

Last edited:
countess felicitas said:
wow - beautiful dress - but why is Mary with CP Philippe?

Marie was with Daniel, Caroline with the Grand Duke of Lux and Sophie with WA- I think it's switch your date night :)

True love or not but damn,the marriage toast made me cry! I was touched.
Best Wishes to the couple!

Where did you see it? Is there a clip we could see?

it looks like this necklace
sapphire necklace

That clip of Albert's toast, makes me see him a little bit differently. He sounded so nervous, and in the end he almost cried! I hope they will be happy together.

Interesting speech. The mention of the belgian wedding anniversary was rather unexpected and cute. Albert seemed to be rather emotional (at last) and his words comming for the heart.
On a side note Charlene's parents saw the difficulties to be among royals during a banquet and how to deal with it (but i'm sure Paola and Carl Gustaf will not mind the little faux pas seen during the toast).

They might not make many great shows of affection towards each other but when they do they seem very genuine IMO. PA seems a shy and reticent man but I think he is delighted with his bride.

BTW The hair ornament PC is wearing is very pretty but it is just that, a hair ornament, not a tiara.

Last edited:
Lalla Meryem walked with Prince Frederik to the gala.

wow... i appreciate daniel and his speech more and more.

Here, here. Albert would have been better off reading a prepared speech. It jumps around. And what a terrible thing to say, "you are a wonderful, sometimes patient woman, with me." Ugh.

That was an altogether egocentric speech. Nearly nothing about the virtues of the bride, only what she can give to him or tolerate him.

Isn't the groom supposed to toast the bride, not "love, peace, and harmony?" Is Albert a hippie?

Last edited:
Can i get my time between 16.30 - 19.00 back? I said that Kate and Will lacked emotions compared to Victoria and Daniels wedding, but compared to this wedding it was Spring Break.

Back
Top Bottom