Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock: Church Wedding - July 2, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you are not moved by this piece, then there must be something wrong with you... just saying as a random thought..

every one looks so nerves , so not like all the other royal weddings where they looked nerves but sort of got relaxed halfway through
love her hair and makeup veil seems to heavy I think

Last edited:
Wonderful!!!! Oh Daughter of Zion!!!!!

Last edited:
finally..really long wedding, indeed!

Well, my husband was baptized in Roman Catholic Church in US (he is Irish on this father's side) and I am Catholic too. We even had one week classes at the church in preparation for the wedding. My mother has just told me on the phone that we could have asked for a Mass if we wanted. I regret I did not and went with the flow (great majority of the weddings in Brazil don't have a Mass). Well, I guess that the Mass will happen when we celebrate out 15 years anniversary!

It was nice to see the Cecile De Massey's boys: Bryce and the other one (forget his name).

More paperwork

We are a few mins from an hour and a half and it's still going

I can't believe the commentator on Euro news just said Charlene's mother is wearing a satellite dish on her head!

Seems like she's having some diffaculties with her train or veil.

The ceremony is awfully long isn't it?

Just a thought: Does she sign as Charlene Wittstock or charlene grimaldi now?

I can't believe the commentator on Euro news just said Charlene's mother is wearing a satellite dish on her head!
then he really should take a look at mary's hat. that's a satellite dish with a flower:lol:

i had the same thought, charlotte aster!

I never thought that this would be such a classy and dignified event. I dont think the couple behaved oddly, not at all. Charlene is obviously very nervous and taken by the moment and Albert tries to help her by twinkling etc. I havent seen such feelings between them before the wedding, to be honest.

The ceremony does live up to the enormous expectation and the "heavyweight" guests: Heads of State, an almost complete european royal family, NOT sending some c-class representatives (who would have thought) but attending themselves.

It is NOT the wannabe-royal-celebrity circus wedding many people expected to see but can easily live up to any of the "serious" weddings of the "big" HRH houses.

Very well done, Albert & Charlene!

Interesting that at times Princess Charlene (funny to write that now) seems bored and disengaged. Seems like she is very aware of being watched and retreats into herself. But she at times forgets and has a quick interaction with Prince Albert that softens her and makes her seem to be enjoying this.

Albert's cousins signing as witnesses. Nice that he has both maternal and paternal cousins in the wedding party.

The guests do need air condition!!

This should probably be moved but Charlene's makeup is absolute perfection. I love, love the shimmer under her eye. This is how Kate should have done it. You can look delicate and flawless without lining your eyes in black.
And I always thought that I was the only one who's not fond of all that black eyeliner, lol:flowers:.
Charlene looked lovely, althought the dress was not as perfect as I had expected. Her hair and makeup are gorgeous. And I even like the hair ornamament, although I would have prefered a proper tiara.

Interesting that at times Princess Charlene (funny to write that now) seems bored and disengaged. Seems like she is very aware of being watched and retreats into herself. But she at times forgets and has a quick interaction with Prince Albert that softens her and makes her seem to be enjoying this.

Exactly my thoughts!! I truly believe she is such a shy person that it has to be extremely challenging to be exposed like this in such an important moment. But when she doesnt think about that, she seems as a happy bride!

the music is great!

oh, shame about the train of charlene's dress! someone ought to have helped her put it right before leaving the church as princess of monaco!

will Princess Charlene outrank Caroline and Stephanie?

I don't know about such things

This is the best royal wedding I have seen, thank you Albert and Charlene.

Back
Top Bottom