Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock: Church Wedding - July 2, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For me I would be nervous if I was Charlene - her marriage ceremony is in a language she has only just learned and in a religion she has only just converted to. If it was me I would trying to concentrate really hard during the formal bits so I didn't make a mistake especially as she is in front of the world's media.

They look a lot more relaxed during the informal bits.
not to forget a camera pointed directly at your face....

Thanks for the link. Poor Laurent. Claire looked nice, so far she has the best hat. Mathilde looked great as well, so far best dressed. Was expecting more from Maxima, that golden mustard color did nothing for her IMO. Both Sophies' (Wessex and Liechtenstein) look great. That's the most glamorous I've seen Sophie of L look but I wish she hadn't worn the long overcoat. Are there any pics of Matte-Marit, Marie and Mary?

Last edited by a moderator:
Something is obviously wrong. There's NO interaction between them. No glances. No hand holding. No conversation. Nothing. There's a reason the camera keeps putting them side by side as if they're not sitting next to each other! It's very strange. She looks somber. He looks like he wants to get it over with.

Thank you!

I am really enjoying the wedding. I think prince Charlene is more relaxed now than at the beginning, although she is too serious at some point. Fingers crosses that this marriage will be full of love.

Random thougts:

Love the dress and the broche is just beautiful.
CP is a nadsome man :)
The music has been spectacular!

btw who is the cute girl they keep showing with the bright pink hairband?

with the amount of close-ups charlotte's getting i'm beginning to think this is her wedding. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Albert seemed to be very moved by the choral offering.

OK, now I'm tearing up. I love the Ave Maria sung by anyone.

Last edited:
Something is obviously wrong. There's NO interaction between them. No glances. No hand holding. No conversation. Nothing. There's a reason the camera keeps putting them side by side as if they're not sitting next to each other! It's very strange. She looks somber. He looks like he wants to get it over with.

I agree. The whole thing reminds me of those pictures of Charles and Diana on foreign trips toward the end of their marriage when they were constantly looking in opposite directions.

I'd have liked to have the Valium concession at this event!

I don't like the bridal dress !!!
It doesn't have style. It looks like a pretty normal evening gown you can get in every department store here. The neckline looks like one of her former gala dresses and the pearl and crystal stitchings up to the breast looks cheap. The train starting in the middle of her big back and accentuating it even more is not an example of big tailor-art.
The veil is boring and the jewellery in her hair ??? Why not a tiara like Mary, Maxima, Letizia.......
The dress was supposed to make history....it makes me gaping

Ave Maria of Schubert by Andrea Bocelli! Heaven! I'm crying right now...

I just saw the picture of Laurent falling! How did that happen? He took quite the tumble.

And now the absolutely best moment in the wedding - Andrea Bocelli sings!

Talk about scoring... Andrea Bocelli! What a singer. :)

ohhh..Ave Maria. gorgeous. I think they've done ever major piece you can do, though....
and btw- I think Charlene looks just really, really lovely......

Why is this wedding so long? it's getting boring ....

Just by the way: I had those Diana thoughts, too.

I never thought that certain rumors might be true...but when I saw her !!!! I'd like to hugh her. The poor women. And nervousity was definitely NOT the reason for her mood. Look at his gestures and eyes.

And the whole Grimald/ Hanover/ Ducret family...all awful .......!

Thanks for the link. Poor Laurent. Claire looked nice, so far she has the best hat. Mathilde looked great as well, so far best dressed. Was expecting more from Maxima, that golden mustard color did nothing for her IMO. Both Sophies' (Wessex and Liechtenstein) look great. That's the most glamorous I've seen Sophie of L look but I wish she hadn't worn the long overcoat. Are there any pics of Matte-Marit, Marie and Mary?

Mary
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Mette Marit

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Note to brides to be everywhere (especially royal brides)

1. Do not have a summer wedding in a place with no airconditioning!
2. Do not have an 1 hr + ceremony in a place with no air conditioning. I think the Royals were melting.
3. Don't have a ceremony that has more singing than a Church service. Wwaaaayyy to much singing.

Other than that, I will say that Charlene looks beautiful. There seems to be lots more detail to the dress than shows up on the screen. The train length is perfect for a Princess. The neckline is lovely and flattering. I also like the side tiara she is wearing in her hair. Well down Charlene! I am actually starting to like her dress better than Catherine's. Nicer figure too.

The flower girls hat and dresses was quite nice as well..

On a different note neither one of them look especially happy. In fact she looks somewhat dazed. I'm rather skeptical about this marriage. :ermm:

Nadine thank you so much for the link, it's working great.
Love that they are showing amazing pics of the guests and couple.
But what is up with C&A, she looks dazed, not engaged and looking off
to the side not Albert.
Likewise his sisters don't look thrilled either. Caroline looks composed but
Stephanie looks like she's going to cry all the time.
Very odd reactions.
The ceremony itself is lovely.

Bocelli absolutely amazing.

The best part of this whole wedding by far!!

What a talented man.

Charlene's makeup

This should probably be moved but Charlene's makeup is absolute perfection. I love, love the shimmer under her eye. This is how Kate should have done it. You can look delicate and flawless without lining your eyes in black.

This should probably be moved but Charlene's makeup is absolute perfection. I love, love the shimmer under her eye. This is how Kate should have done it. You can look delicate and flawless without lining your eyes in black.

and an amen to that comment! thank YOU!

Andrea Bocelli has an amazing voice!

Back
Top Bottom