Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly 17 May 2008, St George's Chapel, Windsor

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessofEurope

Heir Apparent
City
Wiltshire
Country
United Kingdom
Engagement announced - 28 July 2007
Wedding - 17 May 2008 in St George's Chapel Windsor and reception at Frogmore

Autumn's Wedding Dress

since the wedding of peter philips and autumn kelly is fast approaching...i was wondering what her dress will be like. do you think that beacuse its a pretty low key ceremony she will choose something simple like the countess of wessex or something huge and fashy like princess diana"s. do you think she will wear a tiara from princess anne's collection?

I get the feeling that she is a fairly casual person when it comes to dress. So I would presume that it would be something fairly simple and easy to wear. But I could be proved wrong!

I want just surprise!

About tiara: it would be good to see some of Anne's but until this time Autumn doesn't wore too much jewellery.

About wedding dress: probably something simple. Maybe something like Anne has on her first time? But I think that she would look good in dress similar to Lady Sarah had.:)

since the wedding of peter philips and autumn kelly is fast approaching...i was wondering what her dress will be like. do you think that beacuse its a pretty low key ceremony she will choose something simple like the countess of wessex or something huge and fashy like princess diana"s. do you think she will wear a tiara from princess anne's collection?

Sassi Holford is making her dress Sassi Holford

Also the dress is apparently ivory.

Last edited:
Whatever the dress, she'll look beautiful in it. But I'm betting it's something more simple lines - like that of Lady Sarah. Will she be given a tiara by Pss Anne or the Queen? Peter is afterall the first of the Queen's grandchildren to get married.

Sassi Holford is a good choice. Her dresses are very elegant and flattering without overshadowing the person wearing them.

honestly i like the dresses by that designer. i hope she will wear something pouffy lol. i miss those days of the big bridal gowns. i think that princess anne will let her wear the greek mender tiara or maybe the queen will make a tradition out of the fringe tiara that she and her daughter wore for their weddings.

Autumn is a very athletic person. I doubt she will show up in anything pouffy or overstated. The latest photos of the couple in Hello have her all made up and truly gorgeous looking. They make a lovely couple.

Nice gowns.
I like dresses: Paola, Stella, Venus, Nadia and Isabella - nice back.
Catwalk - Lauren, Tabitha and Christelle.

Btw are there any rules talking about royal brides wedding dresses? How it should be - sleeves, neckline etc.?

Last edited:
The only rules about royal brides and their wedding dresses is that the conversation should stick with royal wedding dresses. We've had threads in the past where someone has started "what sort of dress do you think Princess X should wear?" and a few posts into the thread, people were just posting photos of any old wedding dresses that they happened to like, royal or otherwise.

As long as we know who the designer of this dress is going to be, and we're close to the wedding so we'll soon know what the dress looks like, it's fine to talk about it.

She should take wedding dress advice from her mother in law. She had a gorgeous dress. Imagine having Princess Anne as a mother in law? Strange.

Well she did say she was taking advice from Ann on what to wear for events etc., so maybe she is taking some from her about this too. :flowers:

She should take wedding dress advice from her mother in law. She had a gorgeous dress. Imagine having Princess Anne as a mother in law? Strange.
I'd think it's be cool! Imagine a MIL that could kick your arse! :D

Is it expecting too much in this day and age that there would be at least one photo of the wedding on the internet by now? :glare:

Sky News says the wedding will be at 4pm

There's something very interesting here. According to Clarence House, William is in Kenya so Kate is "representing the couple". I think today won't be the only time we hear wedding bells in the near future.

Do you know if BBC will emit the wedding?

Sad that the whole affair seems to be more about Kate and Chelsea than Autumn.

Do you know if BBC will emit the wedding?

No. It is a private Wedding. There will also be no photos from inside the Church only of the Couple and guests arriving and coming out of the Church after the Ceremony.

According to Clarence House, William is in Kenya so Kate is "representing the couple".
Strange that William prefered to attend some friend's wedding in Kenya, rather than be present at his own cousin's... especially because he always seemed to be quite close to Peter Phillips.

Sad that the whole affair seems to be more about Kate and Chelsea than Autumn.
I agree Claire, also a bit has been made of the fact that Prince William will not according to the media reports be at the wedding.:ermm:

Supposedly he agreed to go to the other wedding first...Still, I would think William would be obligated to go to a family wedding. Especially one so high-profile.

No. It is a private Wedding. There will also be no photos from inside the Church only of the Couple and guests arriving and coming out of the Church after the Ceremony.

Does this mean that there will be no official family pictures released then either later today?

Does this mean that there will be no official family pictures released then either later today?
i think we''ll see the pictures in hello magazine but there ma be some pictures from the press of the guests arriving at the wedding!!
I cant imagine the press leaving them alone :D

I think there is to be one offical family picture released, photographs of the bridal party entering and leaving the church and the ones in Hello :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom