Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly 17 May 2008, St George's Chapel, Windsor

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The pictures are so absolutely lovely! I haven't been able to find the picture of Lady Louise and her mommy though, but maybe I just didn't recognise them! Prince Harry is so sweet in all these pictures, especially with his grandma and with Zara!!

The outfits

Autumn gail was nice, the Queen out fit looked just like what Camilla worn on her wedding day, the York girls no comment and was Kate going to a funeral with that hat?:ermm:

That's Viscountess Linley and daughter Margarita.

mmmmm the gown looks ok. sweet but no surprises. i thought she could have done better. the bridemaids gown is very pretty. lovely spring colour.
one more thing, the gown reminded me of a bit of princess grace gown ie the lace top and the waist sash.

Last edited by a moderator:
But that's what monarchy is all about: tradition and passing-on the bloodlines. If that doesn't count anymore you honestly don't need these people around anymore.

I know, but in that respect I see monarchy more like prison (remember what happened to Princess Margaret in the 50s?) than just tradition and passing on the bloodlines. Even monarchies cannot remain behind in the times, IMO.

I just think that the monarchy won't die just because some people choose to live their life the way they want to instead of conforming to 'royal expectations'.
Lots of people think being a royal is nothing more special than being a commoner, and the younger royals seem to at least partly agree with that. Hence the 'no title, please' wish.
Of course, being a royal does place you in a different position in life than the average man and woman, but it doesn't mean you can hold yourself up in an ivory tower. Society does not accept that anymore.
I believe there are kingdoms that still live by that way, but in Western Europe not so much anymore, and all the better I think.

I thought the Queen looked lovely the only problem I had with the ensemble was the black gloves, handbag and shoes. They looked too harsh against her beautiful outfit.

That isn't Lady Louise Windsor on the steps it is Serena Linley with her daughter Margarita:flowers:

Last edited:
...should be knighted for his service to the RF. Marrying and wanting kids is a service for the RF, IMHO.

if marrying and having/wanting kids is all it takes then just call me Lady ? :flowers:

I think that Autumn looked wonderful. A truely radient bride. What more can anyone ask, that the bride and groom glowed with love. I loved the little lace bolero/shrug. I especially loved the bow and lace detail on the back! Yes, thats right I loved the bows. :angel:

Camilla's ensemble, pearls and fascinator looked beautiful and I loved the Queen's as well. Did she take a page from Camilla's book with her wonderful fascinator, or as my mother and those of her generation, i.e. the Queen used to call them, a "Whimsy". It was wonderful to see Her Majesty dressed for a totally private "special occasion". And whimsy there truely was. :wub:

I thought the bridesmaids looked lovely and I loved the soft sage green. Zara and Harry were a treat especially when Harry was snapped giving Granny that marvelous continental two cheek kiss. Even funnier was the first snap kissing her cheek followed by a bridal shot and then "zap" back to Harry and Granny again when the photographer realised it was a two part act. :ROFLMAO:

Now then, Beatrice! :ohmy:Hold on to your hat (no pun intended) but I think she looked wonderful. In a sea of muted shades, she looked fabulous. The hat didn't look right until we saw the whole outfit. Both she and Eugenie looked wonderfully self-confident and comfortable in their own skins. Pastels don't do it for them. As for any moans about upstaging the bride . . .Impossible! :D

No mention of Peter's father Mark, and where was the Duchess of Kent? Odd that William preferred to be at the wedding of the brother of a ex?

I agree, I've seen or heard nothing about Captain Mark Phillips,father of the groom. Where was he?:ermm:

This isn't the picture I was looking at. It is the 2nd BBC video and the child appears for seconds at the end, on the right of the picture. :flowers:

Now this is Louise as posted by sweetpeaheidi (post 87) in the Wessex thread!
If so, may you help us to find that link to the video, i am so appreciate of that.

I think the wedding dress was really beautiful. Didnt't like those bows in the back but apart from it, the dress was adorable. And I liked Autumn hair and make-up. I always prefer the simplicity than something ridiculous. And she and Peter looked so happy, like the rest of the family and that's what really matters.

Everybody looks great on the official picture, although it might have been better not to have the bride and groom standing on that step, because now it looks like they are ridiculously tall in comparison to the other people!

Mark Phillips was on the second row! He was standing with Autumn's mother just behind Autumn's brother and Zara.

Thanks for all the links to the beautiful pictures of the wedding. Sophie and little Louise are also there!! I have't seen the daugther of princess Margareth? Maybe behind someone?

...should be knighted for his service to the RF. Marrying and wanting kids is a service for the RF, IMHO.

if marrying and having/wanting kids is all it takes then just call me Lady ? :flowers:

Duchess, you missunderstood me. I was talking about being knighted for a service to the souverain and the country which is the reason left over till today from a lot of other reasons/qualifications who are not longer valid in today's time. The idea of monarchy includes the opinion that marrying and thus creating the possibility of passing on the Royal blood in a legitimate way to a potential heir is a service to the souverain, for it means securing the line of this Royal family.

Thus I would think a knighthood was deserved by Peter Phillips. I have no idea if your marrying means to secure the line of a Royal family, but if so, I'd wish for you to become the equivalent of a Dame for services rendered to your Royal family.

Mrs. Peter Philips looked appropriate. I am not sure about her bows in the back. The bows looked out of the place slightly because the gown was not exactly a reflection of the fashion in 1870-1880s.
As for guests, everybody was properly dressed. I wish I could a closer photo of Lady Gabriela Windsor's outfit. She looked great based on the photos provided by Daily Mail.

MediumPhoto is the guy behind bea and freddie lay rose's fiance george gillman??? if it is thats going to be a nice addition to the family!!!

But I don't think it is important what he wants at that point but what is good for the RF. Cutting down on the Royal titles is a good idea but still I think the son of a queen's daughter who accepted the title of a "Princess Royal" for herself should be knighted for his service to the RF. Marrying and wanting kids is a service for the RF, IMHO.

In former time it was standard procedure for any Royal descendant close enough to the souverain to know him/her personally who reached adult age to be knighted. As knighthoods are still around in GB, I guess that's what should happen to Peter Phillips. Sir Peter and Lady Phillips has the right ring to it, better than Mr. and Mrs. Peter Phillips. Mark Phillips, his father, at least was an officer.

I think knighting him at some point might be appropriate. But doing it on the occasion of his wedding would look as though the knighthood was given for the sake of giving his wife a fancy title and not because he'd done anything to deserve it. Maybe sometime later in his life it would be better.

Back
Top Bottom