The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Aristocracy

Strange about the Wessex's saw the coverage on Sky definately not on the steps which I'm sure they would be.

Autumn looked amazing.

The bouqet was very english country wedding.

I don't know what Beatrice was thinking!!!!!

Old 05-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

family pics
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7067/9167169kn1.jpg
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/4669/9167175ad1.jpg

Everyone seems happy.
Bea's outfit is strange.
I'm disappointed with William, he shouldn't miss a such important day in the family, special because he and Peter are very close, aren't they?

Old 05-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

no im not keen on the dress its abit full, with bows and out of fashion not my taste plus the tiara isnt right on her head too big a bouquet very disappointing wedding

Bridesmaids lovely colour and design and the material was perfect Autumn should have got Vera Wang do to her dress as well
Jackie Aubie- friend from canada
Zara - peter's sister
Susannah Toynbee- friend from england
Stephanie - peter's half sister
Jessica - autums' half sister
rosie bush - peter's goddaughter

Best men
ben goss - best friend from school
Andrew 'tucks' Tucker - someone he grew up with

Ushers
Torquil Gordon-Duff, Mark Hepburn, Fergus Gladstone, Tom Lightroller and Fraser Bush, all also Gordonstoun friends

what was beatrice wearing and that thing on her head!!!! get a fashion advisor and not your mother
hate what the queen is wearing really long and dreary colour
is camilla recycling the outfit she wore to her sons wedding?

Old 05-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Aristocracy

It was report sky that Princess Eugenie was one of those doing a reading in the service.

The only thing I've heard about the actual service
Old 05-17-2008, 01:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by susiewong View Post
The bride's tiara is on loan from the Princess Royal
It's a very pretty tiara. I remember in another thread there was speculation as to whether Autumn would wear a tiara. She has.

This actually doesn't look like a very understated wedding, given Peter's distance from the throne. The use of St. George's chapel, the tiara, the long veil, the coach ride away from the chapel...it all looks like the weddings of past princes and princesses.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:08 PM
Courtier

i really hope hello are doing exclusive photos of the reception!!! i guess im just nosy like that. I dont care if anyone thinks it cheesy but it will be soo cool
Old 05-17-2008, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

lol don't worry I feel the same way, I know it's wrong and we should be happy with what we get in terms of photos but I'd love to see photos from the whole day.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:10 PM
Aristocracy

Indeed it looked like a simple family wedding. I just dont understand about william not being there, and not attending your cousin's wedding to go to a friend's wedding as has been reported just doesnt make sense particularly bc william and peter are supposed to be close.
And what in the world was Beatrice thinking, this tops her bad outfits/headgear. I agree that the press shouldnt be so hard on her but seriously she should know better than to wear that horrid nest of butterflies on her head!
Old 05-17-2008, 01:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
It's a very pretty tiara. I remember in another thread there was speculation as to whether Autumn would wear a tiara. She has.

This actually doesn't look like a very understated wedding, given Peter's distance from the throne. The use of St. George's chapel, the tiara, the long veil, the coach ride away from the chapel...it all looks like the weddings of past princes and princesses.
How understated can it be when you are the queen's grandson?
Old 05-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Courtier

actually i havent seen chelsy or kate. they were not on the stairs with the family..i presumed they would be though
Old 05-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
family pics
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...ev/9167169.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...ev/9167175.jpg

Everyone seems happy.
Bea's outfit is strange.
I'm disappointed with William, he shouldn't miss a such important day in the family, special because he and Peter are very close, aren't they?
I'm being patient, i really am, but once I saw a photo of Harry, there must be one of Chelsy not far behind right? Right????? I want to see what she wore so badly! She was there wasn't she??? What about Katie? Anyone know about her yet?

What the heck does Beatrice have on her head? Shouldn't someone tell her that she's not at a butterfly sanctuary, and that she's at a wedding?
Old 05-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Gentry

weren't there supposed to be 3 flower girls because i have only seen two...
Old 05-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Nobility

Oh dear, Bea's hat :-0
Old 05-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Aristocracy

The youngest flower girl seems to be missing - Rosie Bush.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Courtier

Dreary, gray day with rain --- dreary color on the Queen and Camilla.
Beatrice looks like a clown ---- she just doesn't have any fashion sense at all
She is now a personal shopper at Selfridge's --- who would buy anything which she would pick out? She has no taste. And she is going to be a fashion designer? Good luck, she'll need it!
I thought that Autumn's dress was Ok --- the bows didn't bother me as they didn't really stand out. Maybe the shade of white was not good for her -- there was just something about the dress which I didn't like. The dress designer didn't use her imagination as I have seen the same type of dress before.
Her hair was blah and the tiara didn't look positioned right on her head.
She looked very pale - no make-up.
On this rainy day, she looked washed out.
The bride's bouquet just didn't fit the style of the dress.
Zara stole the show --- she was stunning in her Vera Wang dress. Her hairdo was fabulous --- she's in great shape and looks perfect in a strapless gown.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Serene Highness

I like the front view of her wedding dress. It's just the right amount of lace and elegance. But the back part is not all that great. I think my one complaint about the bride would be her hair. With the loose pieces of hair the style seems a bit more relaxed and casual. Judging by the dress, the groom, and the attire of the guests it's not a casual wedding. Bridemaids looked lovely in their dresses. All except for that one pic of a bridemaids(possibly Zara) pulling up her dress. Of course one wouldn't want it to fall too low but it doesn't look very classy when one is pulling up her dress in such a manner.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

one more pic from the stairs
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/343/9167280ma4.jpg
Old 05-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Aristocracy

BBC NEWS | In Pictures | In Pictures: Royal wedding

some nice closer pictures here

one is saying Countess of Wessex was there
Old 05-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Picture details the only criticism i have of the bridesmaid is that they are quite low but look at Zara's tan in this picture its all different lines from the type of top she has been wearing looks quite funny

Old 05-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the top half of her dress; the short sleeve lace bolero was a smart move on Autumn and the designer's part. I'm not wild about the giant bouquet nor the poofy bottom half of the dress, but if the bride is thrilled with it, that's all that matters. The fact that it rained on their day is a good sign. Many believe it is a sign of luck and with that I hope the couple have a long and happy life together.

Bring on the cocktails...