The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is there somewhere I Can see the pics.

Old 05-23-2008, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Royal Fan, there are many many photo links throughout this topic. Start on page one.

Old 05-25-2008, 02:05 PM
Courtier

i know this is a silly question but are there really 100 pages of the wedding in the magazine or is this an exaggeration?
Old 05-26-2008, 11:00 PM
Courtier

Haven't seen the Hello issue yet, but I was thinking - especially after the Danish wedding on May 24th.
Autumn's bridesmaids dresses have been really bothering me and then I thought: They look just like dresses one would wear in a beach wedding or a wedding in a very warm, sunny climate like the Caribbean.
What was Autumn thinking? What was Vera Wang thinking? They are tacky, tacky, tacky.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
Haven't seen the Hello issue yet, but I was thinking - especially after the Danish wedding on May 24th.
Autumn's bridesmaids dresses have been really bothering me and then I thought: They look just like dresses one would wear in a beach wedding or a wedding in a very warm, sunny climate like the Caribbean.
What was Autumn thinking? What was Vera Wang thinking? They are tacky, tacky, tacky.
I liked the Peter-Autumn wedding UNTIL I saw the pictures of Marie/Joachim of Denmark...now that my friends, is how you get married! What a beautiful, warm, intimate but distinctively ROYAL wedding...something the Windsor-Kelly nuptials seemed to be lacking.

I liked the color of the bridesmaids gowns but that was the wrong style for a venue like historic St. George's. You are right it would have been perfect on the beach or in a garden. And Autumn looked pale, almost like she had on no makeup and had just woken up. I loved her veil and her gown though.

I also hate the crass celeb-style interview and pictures in "Hello!" with the engaged couple sprawled about their home dishing details like some B level soap opera stars...yuck!
Old 05-27-2008, 10:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Huh. So I take it you are not too fond of the lovely couple and their personal style. Thank heavens it wasn't your wedding nor were you invited whereupon you would be forced to watch the entire thing and then some.

Quote:
now that my friends, is how you get married! What a beautiful, warm, intimate but distinctively ROYAL wedding...something the Windsor-Kelly nuptials seemed to be lacking.
Ah, no... no it's not. That is what you call a wedding for that particular couple. Sure it works for them, J&M; however, not everyone found either wedding "inspiring" (and/or other over-dramatic descriptions). It was a nice ceremony overall.

In my opinion, a divine wedding is a simple one... hence no big brouhaha. Just the couple and their Priest/Pastor/Rabbi/Spiritual leader/the lady at the county clerk's office/or an online ordained minister. That's all.

So yeah, we get it already, CD, you weren't too fond of the wedding. How many times are you going to say this in this as well as in the Joachim and Marie wedding topic?
Old 05-28-2008, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Huh. So I take it you are not too fond of the lovely couple and their personal style. Thank heavens it wasn't your wedding nor were you invited whereupon you would be forced to watch the entire thing and then some.

Ah, no... no it's not. That is what you call a wedding for that particular couple. Sure it works for them, J&M; however, not everyone found either wedding "inspiring" (and/or other over-dramatic descriptions). It was a nice ceremony overall.

In my opinion, a divine wedding is a simple one... hence no big brouhaha. Just the couple and their Priest/Pastor/Rabbi/Spiritual leader/the lady at the county clerk's office/or an online ordained minister. That's all.

So yeah, we get it already, CD, you weren't too fond of the wedding. How many times are you going to say this in this as well as in the Joachim and Marie wedding topic?

What's the problem? Am I not allowed my own opinion, unless I come here to gush and coo?

Okay, fine. The wedding was grand and perfect and lovely. I loved, loved loved it.

And by the way, I'm aware that it wasn't my wedding but thanks for the clarification nonetheless. Now are you going to go and lecture the other fans of the wedding who posted THEIR opinions and tell them it wasn't THEIR wedding either?

Or are they A-okay in your book because they heaped praise on the shindig? Just so I'm clear and all.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:31 PM

For anyone here in the US, I got my copy of Hello this morning at Barnes and Noble. I would assume if I got a copy here in my little town in Tennessee, it should be out just about everywhere now. For those wondering, it is filled with pictures. Much more than I would ever expect to see of a royal wedding reception. Well worth the cost of the issue I thought.

Jennifer
Old 05-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen H View Post
For anyone here in the US, I got my copy of Hello this morning at Barnes and Noble. I would assume if I got a copy here in my little town in Tennessee, it should be out just about everywhere now. For those wondering, it is filled with pictures. Much more than I would ever expect to see of a royal wedding reception. Well worth the cost of the issue I thought.

Jennifer

Just bought my copy of Hello at Barnes & Noble yesterday -- May 27th. I think that Borders also carries Hello.
Have only flipped through it and there are tons of photos of Chelsy and Kate.
Too many!
Old 05-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
What's the problem? Am I not allowed my own opinion, unless I come here to gush and coo?
Did I say that? When? Where?

Quote:
Okay, fine. The wedding was grand and perfect and lovely. I loved, loved loved it.
A bit over dramatic don't you think. So here's your answer: No, it wasn't.

Quote:
And by the way, I'm aware that it wasn't my wedding but thanks for the clarification nonetheless.
You're welcome.... no problem.

Quote:
Now are you going to go and lecture the other fans of the wedding who posted THEIR opinions and tell them it wasn't THEIR wedding either?

Or are they A-okay in your book because they heaped praise on the shindig? Just so I'm clear and all.

What in the world ever gave you that idea?

Essentially, CD, you have noted many many times how much you detested this wedding (specifically in the J&M wedding topic), and yes, it does become quite tiresome having to scroll past your bantering displeasure of the Phillips/Kelly wedding. Of course everyone has a right to their opinion that's a no brainer; however, when you repeat the same thing over and over and over and over again... it's boring and unoriginal. So why do you keep harping on it specifically in the Joachim wedding topic? Nevermind, don't answer. We all know your story/answer already.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

COULD WE PLEASE TURN DOWN THE HEAT A BIT?

Thank you.

<- Elspeth
Old 05-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Sure.

Overall, I wish the couple a long and happy life together. Clearly they are meant for each other and Peter seems to be over the moon with his bride.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

I've split the conversation about the Hello! controversy out of this thread and merged it into the existing thread on that topic in the British forum. Any further posts about the deal with Hello! should go there; posts talking about the photos themselves are OK here. Here's the link to the other thread:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ine-17110.html
Old 05-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...edding/161.jpg someone asked who the other children were in this picture apart from the linleys i presume that the boy at the start of each end are Lady Sarah Chattos boys and the rest are Autumns half brother and those in the bridal party

Old 05-31-2008, 03:11 PM
Aristocracy

This web site have several picture of Chelsey and Kate at the wedding reception. I don't know how to link, but if you copy this site and past it to you web search then you could open it. I hope it work

http://royalementblog.canalblog.com
Old 05-31-2008, 09:06 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Beautiful wedding dress until she turned around. The bows killed it!
Old 05-31-2008, 09:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlan View Post
This web site have several picture of Chelsey and Kate at the wedding reception. I don't know how to link, but if you copy this site and past it to you web search then you could open it. I hope it work

Royalement Vôtre
Oh wow that issue is different then ours it featured lotsa photos the Canadian version didn't.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:12 PM
Gentry

From what I saw everyone looked fabulous. Henry looked extremely handsome and Zara looked great. I loved the photos of those two talking. I thought it was funny that Peter and William look so alike they could be brothers.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Sure.

Overall, I wish the couple a long and happy life together. Clearly they are meant for each other and Peter seems to be over the moon with his bride.

Yeah, I'd be over the moon, too, if I had just banked a cool $1,000,000.00 USD for the publishing rights to my wedding ---

Hello will priobably be in the delivery room for the birth of the first baby, too!
(In exchange for another fat pay-off).
Old 06-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Aristocracy

At first in the excitement of the wedding I thought great we get to see pictures but looking at the Hello photos I have to say I can't help but think things like this are ruining the mystique of the royal family. Yea I can understand they want to break down some walls but a wedding to me is a private family affair this makes them no different than Ashley Simpsons dad pimping out his daughters wedding photos to People Magazine. I would expect it from a celebrity royalty no.
Great pics but really I think it would have been more fitting to have to just imagine how amazing a "royal" wedding would have been and not see the pics and see they celebrate just like you and me.
Oh and I could have done without seeing Kate's sheer backed outfit....what was the girl thinking....Chelsy really looked stunning though.
Michelle