Old 05-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen's Eldest Grandson Weds Canadian
Queen's Eldest Grandson Weds Canadian - AOL News

Old 05-18-2008, 09:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezza View Post
Look at the back of the crowd on the left hand side.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...p/81131948.jpg
This isn't the picture I was looking at. It is the 2nd BBC video and the child appears for seconds at the end, on the right of the picture.

Now this is Louise as posted by sweetpeaheidi (post 87) in the Wessex thread!

Old 05-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
...should be knighted for his service to the RF. Marrying and wanting kids is a service for the RF, IMHO.
if marrying and having/wanting kids is all it takes then just call me Lady ?
Old 05-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Heir Apparent

I think that Autumn looked wonderful. A truely radient bride. What more can anyone ask, that the bride and groom glowed with love. I loved the little lace bolero/shrug. I especially loved the bow and lace detail on the back! Yes, thats right I loved the bows.

Camilla's ensemble, pearls and fascinator looked beautiful and I loved the Queen's as well. Did she take a page from Camilla's book with her wonderful fascinator, or as my mother and those of her generation, i.e. the Queen used to call them, a "Whimsy". It was wonderful to see Her Majesty dressed for a totally private "special occasion". And whimsy there truely was.

I thought the bridesmaids looked lovely and I loved the soft sage green. Zara and Harry were a treat especially when Harry was snapped giving Granny that marvelous continental two cheek kiss. Even funnier was the first snap kissing her cheek followed by a bridal shot and then "zap" back to Harry and Granny again when the photographer realised it was a two part act.

Now then, Beatrice! Hold on to your hat (no pun intended) but I think she looked wonderful. In a sea of muted shades, she looked fabulous. The hat didn't look right until we saw the whole outfit. Both she and Eugenie looked wonderfully self-confident and comfortable in their own skins. Pastels don't do it for them. As for any moans about upstaging the bride . . .Impossible!
Old 05-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowager View Post
No mention of Peter's father Mark, and where was the Duchess of Kent? Odd that William preferred to be at the wedding of the brother of a ex?
I agree, I've seen or heard nothing about Captain Mark Phillips,father of the groom. Where was he?
Old 05-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Pics from Mediumphoto
MediumPhoto
and Ibl
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
Old 05-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by normalil View Post
I agree, I've seen or heard nothing about Captain Mark Phillips,father of the groom. Where was he?
He is in the official picture!
BBC NEWS | In Pictures | In Pictures: Royal wedding (Picture 8)
Old 05-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
He is in the official picture and most of the others!
He's on the official family photo
HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!
Old 05-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
This isn't the picture I was looking at. It is the 2nd BBC video and the child appears for seconds at the end, on the right of the picture.

Now this is Louise as posted by sweetpeaheidi (post 87) in the Wessex thread!
If so, may you help us to find that link to the video, i am so appreciate of that.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 05-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Nobility

I think the wedding dress was really beautiful. Didnt't like those bows in the back but apart from it, the dress was adorable. And I liked Autumn hair and make-up. I always prefer the simplicity than something ridiculous. And she and Peter looked so happy, like the rest of the family and that's what really matters.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Serene Highness

Everybody looks great on the official picture, although it might have been better not to have the bride and groom standing on that step, because now it looks like they are ridiculously tall in comparison to the other people!
Old 05-18-2008, 11:21 AM
Nobility

Mark Phillips was on the second row! He was standing with Autumn's mother just behind Autumn's brother and Zara.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Wow, if it is true that Autumn takes fashion advice from her mother-in-law, then Peter really found the right wife for him and his family.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:48 AM
Nobility

Thanks for all the links to the beautiful pictures of the wedding. Sophie and little Louise are also there!! I have't seen the daugther of princess Margareth? Maybe behind someone?
Old 05-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
Quote:
...should be knighted for his service to the RF. Marrying and wanting kids is a service for the RF, IMHO.
if marrying and having/wanting kids is all it takes then just call me Lady ?
Duchess, you missunderstood me. I was talking about being knighted for a service to the souverain and the country which is the reason left over till today from a lot of other reasons/qualifications who are not longer valid in today's time. The idea of monarchy includes the opinion that marrying and thus creating the possibility of passing on the Royal blood in a legitimate way to a potential heir is a service to the souverain, for it means securing the line of this Royal family.

Thus I would think a knighthood was deserved by Peter Phillips. I have no idea if your marrying means to secure the line of a Royal family, but if so, I'd wish for you to become the equivalent of a Dame for services rendered to your Royal family.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post

Is It just me, or..... I think Autumn looks like Princess Laurentien in this picture
Old 05-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Mrs. Peter Philips looked appropriate. I am not sure about her bows in the back. The bows looked out of the place slightly because the gown was not exactly a reflection of the fashion in 1870-1880s.
As for guests, everybody was properly dressed. I wish I could a closer photo of Lady Gabriela Windsor's outfit. She looked great based on the photos provided by Daily Mail.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

MediumPhoto is the guy behind bea and freddie lay rose's fiance george gillman??? if it is thats going to be a nice addition to the family!!!

Old 05-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Nobility

Do we know what they are doing for their honeymoon?
Old 05-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
But I don't think it is important what he wants at that point but what is good for the RF. Cutting down on the Royal titles is a good idea but still I think the son of a queen's daughter who accepted the title of a "Princess Royal" for herself should be knighted for his service to the RF. Marrying and wanting kids is a service for the RF, IMHO.

In former time it was standard procedure for any Royal descendant close enough to the souverain to know him/her personally who reached adult age to be knighted. As knighthoods are still around in GB, I guess that's what should happen to Peter Phillips. Sir Peter and Lady Phillips has the right ring to it, better than Mr. and Mrs. Peter Phillips. Mark Phillips, his father, at least was an officer.
I think knighting him at some point might be appropriate. But doing it on the occasion of his wedding would look as though the knighthood was given for the sake of giving his wife a fancy title and not because he'd done anything to deserve it. Maybe sometime later in his life it would be better.