Pics from Abaca Press America
Abaca Press Americas Search Results
from Hello
HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!=

Old 05-18-2008, 05:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
But he doesn't want a title. He wants to be "normal".
But I don't think it is important what he wants at that point but what is good for the RF. Cutting down on the Royal titles is a good idea but still I think the son of a queen's daughter who accepted the title of a "Princess Royal" for herself should be knighted for his service to the RF. Marrying and wanting kids is a service for the RF, IMHO.

In former time it was standard procedure for any Royal descendant close enough to the souverain to know him/her personally who reached adult age to be knighted. As knighthoods are still around in GB, I guess that's what should happen to Peter Phillips. Sir Peter and Lady Phillips has the right ring to it, better than Mr. and Mrs. Peter Phillips. Mark Phillips, his father, at least was an officer.

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Certainly looks like Sophie with Louise.
That's right, it was. I always smile when I think of Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor at St George's. I wonder if her Grandfather has told her of the connection with her Swedish Great-Aunt? I hope so and I hope that she takes inspiration from her.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:08 AM
Nobility

It is wow wow royal family and grandparents at Peter and grandmother Ivy och Edith at Autumnt. Prince Harry kissing grandmother Elizabeth!!! Prince Harry and grandmother see out happy and Duchess Camilla speak with Queen Elizabeth. Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth is elegant dress and good healt. They is 82 and 86!!!! Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth see out love and marriage 60th!!! They see his first grandchildrens wedding with Autumnt. Queen Elizabeth is beautiful dress with his age is 82!
Old 05-18-2008, 06:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Certainly looks like Sophie with Louise.
So you mean thats the one the whole family stood on the steps waving to the couple?I do not think so, if it was that one and near a lady wearing light purple (Lady Sarah Chatto), that would be Viscountess Linley.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 05-18-2008, 06:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
But I don't think it is important what he wants at that point but what is good for the RF. Cutting down on the Royal titles is a good idea but still I think the son of a queen's daughter who accepted the title of a "Princess Royal" for herself should be knighted for his service to the RF. Marrying and wanting kids is a service for the RF, IMHO.

In former time it was standard procedure for any Royal descendant close enough to the souverain to know him/her personally who reached adult age to be knighted. As knighthoods are still around in GB, I guess that's what should happen to Peter Phillips. Sir Peter and Lady Phillips has the right ring to it, better than Mr. and Mrs. Peter Phillips. Mark Phillips, his father, at least was an officer.
I disagree with this. I think he has the right to decide for himself whether he wants official titles or not. Times have changed and he's not *that* close to the throne. The Royal Family won't be worse off when he does not have a title.
Marrying and having children is a case of the couple itself, it does not have to do with your position in the Royal Family.
What if a royal couple doesn't want children, should they be 'punished' or forced into parenthood because it's a decent thing to do when you are in the Royal Family?

Of course, everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, but I find this too old-fashioned and so I don't agree with it.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:00 AM
Courtier

I loved Autumn's dress, veil, tiara and hair! She looked lovely! Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Phillips!
Old 05-18-2008, 07:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
That's right, it was. I always smile when I think of Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor at St George's. I wonder if her Grandfather has told her of the connection with her Swedish Great-Aunt? I hope so and I hope that she takes inspiration from her.
The way Queen Louise is described eg her taking walks with the king through the streets of Stockholm without protection officers or other entourage or going shopping on her own in Gamla Stan would at least please this Louise's parents, I guess.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII View Post
So you mean thats the one the whole family stood on the steps waving to the couple?I do not think so, if it was that one and near a lady wearing light purple (Lady Sarah Chatto), that would be Viscountess Linley.
No it's not near the woman in light purple, we must be looking at different videos.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I disagree with this. I think he has the right to decide for himself whether he wants official titles or not. Times have changed and he's not *that* close to the throne. The Royal Family won't be worse off when he does not have a title.
Marrying and having children is a case of the couple itself, it does not have to do with your position in the Royal Family.
What if a royal couple doesn't want children, should they be 'punished' or forced into parenthood because it's a decent thing to do when you are in the Royal Family?

Of course, everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, but I find this too old-fashioned and so I don't agree with it.
But that's what monarchy is all about: tradition and passing-on the bloodlines. If that doesn't count anymore you honestly don't need these people around anymore.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
Duchess Camilla speak with Queen Elizabeth.
Jose, you made my day. Camilla talking to the queen - indeed.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:12 AM
Aristocracy

Found these photo's from the Getty Images website, some include what some people may think is Lady Louise with her mum.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 05-18-2008, 07:21 AM
Serene Highness

The pictures are so absolutely lovely! I haven't been able to find the picture of Lady Louise and her mommy though, but maybe I just didn't recognise them! Prince Harry is so sweet in all these pictures, especially with his grandma and with Zara!!
Old 05-18-2008, 07:26 AM
Aristocracy

The outfits

Autumn gail was nice, the Queen out fit looked just like what Camilla worn on her wedding day, the York girls no comment and was Kate going to a funeral with that hat?
Old 05-18-2008, 07:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess leonor View Post
The pictures are so absolutely lovely! I haven't been able to find the picture of Lady Louise and her mommy though, but maybe I just didn't recognise them! Prince Harry is so sweet in all these pictures, especially with his grandma and with Zara!!
Look at the back of the crowd on the left hand side.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...p/81131948.jpg
Old 05-18-2008, 07:53 AM
Administrator

That's Viscountess Linley and daughter Margarita.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:24 AM
Gentry

mmmmm the gown looks ok. sweet but no surprises. i thought she could have done better. the bridemaids gown is very pretty. lovely spring colour.
one more thing, the gown reminded me of a bit of princess grace gown ie the lace top and the waist sash.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
But that's what monarchy is all about: tradition and passing-on the bloodlines. If that doesn't count anymore you honestly don't need these people around anymore.
I know, but in that respect I see monarchy more like prison (remember what happened to Princess Margaret in the 50s?) than just tradition and passing on the bloodlines. Even monarchies cannot remain behind in the times, IMO.

I just think that the monarchy won't die just because some people choose to live their life the way they want to instead of conforming to 'royal expectations'.
Lots of people think being a royal is nothing more special than being a commoner, and the younger royals seem to at least partly agree with that. Hence the 'no title, please' wish.
Of course, being a royal does place you in a different position in life than the average man and woman, but it doesn't mean you can hold yourself up in an ivory tower. Society does not accept that anymore.
I believe there are kingdoms that still live by that way, but in Western Europe not so much anymore, and all the better I think.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Royal wedding: Decorum rules over designers for Autumn Kelly - Telegraph full descripition of the gown

The Royal Wedding...as sponsored by Hello!: Blue blood meets blue collar as Peter and Autumn marry in sea of green | the Daily Mail

Old 05-18-2008, 09:06 AM
Royal Highness

I thought the Queen looked lovely the only problem I had with the ensemble was the black gloves, handbag and shoes. They looked too harsh against her beautiful outfit.

That isn't Lady Louise Windsor on the steps it is Serena Linley with her daughter Margarita