The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Gentry

A new picture from Home - NewsChannel 9 WSYR
http://www.9wsyr.com/media/news/d/f/...1/Original.jpg

another picture of the bride, from WNEM.com - Home

Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly leave St. George's Chapel in Windsor, England, after their marriage vows
http://www.wnem.com/2008/0517/16316796.jpg

and one more, from globeandmail.com: Canada's National Newspaper
Peter Phillips, the eldest grandson of Queen Elizabeth II and Canadian Autumn Kelly leave St. George's Chapel in Windsor, England, after their marriage ceremony, Saturday, May 17
http://images.theglobeandmail.com/ar...weddingbig.jpg

Old 05-17-2008, 11:13 PM
Nobility

Kate and Chelsy are probably sad-looking because they're thinking, "God, if we marry these princes, we'll be going to these affairs for the rest of our lives..."

Bea, Bea, Bea... You know, if she'd worn that hat a few weeks ago on the beach, no one ever would have commented on the bikini.

Zara -- Great dress, dazzling smile...but for goodness sake, stop holding it all bunched up in front of you. Looks like you had an unfortunate accident that you're trying to hide.

Anne -- She is who she is. Besides, the mother of the groom's only duty is to wear beige and keep her mouth shut.

The Queen -- Timeless. She manages her image more consistently and effectively than anyone in the last 100 years.

Serena Linley -- Great dress, great hat, she just gets more lovely every year. The woman looks like a throwback to a more elegant era. Very classy.

Camilla -- Well, they say every man marries his mother...

Old 05-17-2008, 11:41 PM
Commoner

Wierd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlyKeira View Post
I'm being patient, i really am, but once I saw a photo of Harry, there must be one of Chelsy not far behind right? Right????? I want to see what she wore so badly! She was there wasn't she??? What about Katie? Anyone know about her yet?

What the heck does Beatrice have on her head? Shouldn't someone tell her that she's not at a butterfly sanctuary, and that she's at a wedding?

You know what's wierd, one of the gloucester girls (i think it's rose) wore a dress she already wore to the Princess of Wales's memorial serice. hasn't anyone told her not to wear the same dress to two major royal events....
Old 05-17-2008, 11:42 PM
Aristocracy

I have to agree with most of what has been said. The queen, out of all the guests, really looks like the one that made an effort. She went all out for her grandson's wedding just as you would expect she would do for any other grandchild. Anne, well she's anne, she looks decent.

And kate anc chelsy, I dont buy this "I dont want to upstage the bride",
there's plenty of ways to not upstage the bride without looking bad which is what kate did. at least she should have put on a decent smile. the hat was just horrid, the clothes were horrid, and the glumness, just a mess. The more william has her waiting around, as supposedly princess in waiting, the more people are going to get to dislike her. I for one dislike her more as time goes by.
And as for the wessex's i dont understand their intense desire to keep louise out of the limelight, it almost seems like an obsession. She's old enough now to partake in family events.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:23 AM
Serene Highness

I normally love watching royal weddings but this one, can't put my finger on why, but for some reason, all the 'recent' royal weddings that took place at Windsor, have been so..well, boring!
The Wessex's, Charles and Camilla's, and now Peter Phillips..they were all decent weddings with decent wedding couples but somehow..I could care less! Not so with other recent royal weddings, even minor royal ones, like the ones of Dutch princess Margriet's sons in recent years, or Gary Lewis and Davina Windsor's..they were all so much more..celebratory, and less, well, cookie-cutter somehow.
Don't get me wrong, the bride, Autumn, looked good as did the groom and the guests, but for some reason, I couldn't warm up about this event..
Old 05-18-2008, 01:35 AM
Royal Highness

Someone has to help poor Beatrice. There, I said it. I don't care what the styles are, her fashion sense IS HORRIBLE.

Back in 2002, starting with Royal Ascot, Zara did a 180 degree turn and surprised everyone with her new found elegant fashion sense. Bea seems to be taking after her mother's bad fashion sense of the 1980's.

Also, I am sure Lady Davina Lewis is not poor, and I know I sound mean, but that is the 4th major event where she has worn that outfit!!! She has only changed hats, and this does not go with what she is wearing.

And I know I am going to get killed for this...but Her Majesty's outfit reminds me of shades of the porcelain blue one Camilla wore to the prayer service at St. George's for her wedding, very beautiful..

The Queen, Camilla, all the women in Autumn's family, and the bride herself, looked truly lovely. I loved Autumn's dress very much.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga View Post
I normally love watching royal weddings but this one, can't put my finger on why, but for some reason, all the 'recent' royal weddings that took place at Windsor, have been so..well, boring!
The Wessex's, Charles and Camilla's, and now Peter Phillips..they were all decent weddings with decent wedding couples but somehow..I could care less! Not so with other recent royal weddings, even minor royal ones, like the ones of Dutch princess Margriet's sons in recent years, or Gary Lewis and Davina Windsor's..they were all so much more..celebratory, and less, well, cookie-cutter somehow.
Don't get me wrong, the bride, Autumn, looked good as did the groom and the guests, but for some reason, I couldn't warm up about this event..

Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but I rather like seeing royal weddings take place at St. George's chapel. The building itself is divine and there is something about the place that is more, oh I don't know, regal. Sure Westminister and St.Paul's is incredibly grand, but I like the intimacy as well as the history of Windsor and specifically St. George's chapel.

Hopefully, more future royal weddings will take place there in the future (i.e. Zara, Bea, Eugenie, and dare I say Harry.)
Old 05-18-2008, 01:55 AM
Royal Highness

Well, from the half dozen photos I've seen I can only say:
1. Autumn wasn't looking her best. I think she looked prettier in the pre-wedding photos in Hello. In fact, she reminded me alot of Lady Helen Taylor's bridal look.
2. While I think Zara was stunning and the dress was gorgeous, every time I see green as a bridal party color I can't help but think of an article I read once in a Renaissance magazine. It talked about the white dress tradition being fairly new (dating to Queen Victoria), and prior to that a bride would wear her best dress. Any color was acceptable except green because it could hide grass stains.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

More photos here:
Daylife
Old 05-18-2008, 02:22 AM
Aristocracy

did prince William attended their engagement??
Old 05-18-2008, 02:45 AM
Heir Apparent

^No he attended his ex-girlfriend's brother's wedding.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
Bea, Bea, Bea... You know, if she'd worn that hat a few weeks ago on the beach, no one ever would have commented on the bikini.
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Am I alone in thinking that the queen should have knighted her grandson on occasion of his getting married? The idea of a Royal family is a very ancient one and I think that the fact that a direct-line blood relative of the souverain is starting to continue her line should be enough to make him into a knight. There are many ways to serve queen and country and this is one of them, IMHO. Doesn't HM has her own order where she can appoint members without asking the government first (apart from the Garter?) and where a knighthood means that the member can put "Sir" in front of his name?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:21 AM
Royal Highness

But he doesn't want a title. He wants to be "normal".
Old 05-18-2008, 03:43 AM
Commoner

i thought autumn looked beautiful, i love the dress. Kate on the other hand dressing like that and looking like that why did she even bother to show up cos to me it looked like she didnt want to be there. The women who wore that purple dress made a huge mistake there it look awful actually alot of them there did. This is royal wedding people should of at least made the effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
But he doesn't want a title. He wants to be "normal".
Me personally i'm getting annoyed with that sort of comment that him, william and harry say. Ok peter can get away with it but they are grandchildren of the Queen they are not normal and never will be and they need to accept that specially harry and william they are prince's if they want to be normal they should renounce there rights to the throne otherwise they need to get over it and accept it specially william he is going to be King, normal is what you will never ever be in life as much as you wish and try to act it.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:28 AM

Well, the pictures are in.

The Queen

Somebody has already used the perfect word: timeless. This is an incredibly regal ensemble and the use of an over-dress has created an almost bridal look. Her feathers are well teamed with the outfit and I think it's very much the signature image of a monarch in her late 80s. Dare I say, this could almost be Victoria.

Princess Anne

A very classic cut and with her towering hair it gives her a rather imposing presence which teamed with the bad weather has almost made her appear too severe for the occassion but overall a lovely outfit. I can't tell if she has black feathers in her beehive at the back, if she has then fabulous and if not she should have stuffed a few in. Then again, I have a feeling you'd need some kind of pneumatic drill to break through the laquer on that do.

The Bride

Well, I think the bows on the back were a mistake. Bows only look good on small puppies or on boxes of chocolates, they don't look good on a bridal ass. But the gown was pretty, nothing special but pretty. I think the tiara was a perfect choice, the couple wanted a low key wedding and it was very much a wedding attended by Royalty rather than being a Royal wedding. If she had worn a huge tiara, the claim would have been that she was showing off or 'playing Princess' so she chose well and I think the only other tiara of Princess Anne's I would have liked to have seen on her would be the Greek.

The Duchess of Cornwall

Breath-taking. The colour, the fabric and the cut of the outfit really made her look gorgeous and as for that choker - well pinch me and tell me I haven't gone to heaven. It's an elegant piece that just breathes class and it couldn't be better suited to it's owner. I don't think there's any similarity between the Queen and the Duchess's outfits other than that they both chose layers and feathers. I think it's one of Camilla's best and I especially thought her headwear complimented her coloring.

Princess Beatrice

Sweet Dolly Parton, what has that girl got on her head? I'm all for having a laugh but she turned up to her cousin's wedding looking like a reject from a Worst Dressed Martian Ball. The outfit itself is fabulous, the colours suit her and they match her colouring but as usual, she isn't content with stopping when it looks fab and adds something stupid. This butterfly orgy on her head simply makes her stand out and it's Autumn's day. She has to the woman we all stare at and it's hard enough when the Granny in law is the Queen. I don't think Bea went out deliberately to upstage but thats how it comes across. Bad choice.

Autumn's Gran (?)

There's a lady in the final picture of the BBC set showing the bride and groom with their parents and grandparents. I'm assuming the lady in the maroon is Autumn's Grandmother and I have to say that she really stood out as well-dressed. The hat is especially beautiful and that slope to one side gives her that classic doe-eye look that's just stunning. I love the outfit, I love the cream on the hat - I love the look. Well done unknown grandmother type lady.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:36 AM
Courtier

I wish that Autumn had worn her hair off her face --- im the carriage, it looked very wispy as if the whole hair-do was about to fall apart
She did look better in the Hello! photos.
As a bride she looked washed out - did she wear any make-up?
Old 05-18-2008, 05:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman View Post
I absolutely loved the bow detail on the back of her dress. The back is what most people see when the bride is at the altar, which many brides forget. Well done.
HM seemed to be wearing (what we used to call) a duster coat.
Camilla very nice IMO
Beatrice, oh dear.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:30 AM

I think Autumn's dress is wonderfull. I also like the Queen's dress very much!!!
Old 05-18-2008, 05:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
Are you sure? Thought I saw a little girl on the steps close to the end of the second BBC video. Left side last row or so ... Could it be Louise with her parents?
Certainly looks like Sophie with Louise.