Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly 17 May 2008, St George's Chapel, Windsor

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that last photo in the Hello gallery of Autumn is gorgeous.

Good to see Lady Louise there though I wish we could have seen her face.

I thought Autumn looked quite lovely, and she and Peter both just radiated happiness! From the front that dress is really lovely--it is simple and it complements her perfectly. I especially liked the shrug--in some pictures it doesn't look great, but overall I think it was a very good choice on her part.
I am very pleased with the tiara--mainly because it was the one I pointed out way back when would be most suited for a bride. Autumn looked lovely in it, and all the pictures of her are beautiful.
The groom also looked beautiful as well!
Zara--she's such a pretty girl--it's hard for her to not look good.
Her Majesty--I thought she looked fantastic--I loved that headpiece. I do enjoy seeing her experiment with these things--and it gave the impression of a crown. She looked extremely happy on this day (not upset, as The Daily Mail would lead us to believe)

The Duchess of Cornwall--looked a Queen in waiting as far as I'm concerned. She also looked very comfortable and at ease, showing a total sense of confidence, in my opinon--again, going against what news media sources would have us to believe. And, it is nice to see her in lighter headgear--she looks wonderful in hats, but its nice to mix it up. And, the jewels she wore! OH MY! A gorgeous pink topaz surrounded by collet set diamonds on pearls--who wouldn't love that? With matching earrings, no less! She looked wonderful--and Charles, in his gray suit complemented her perfectly. They are such an attractive couple.

Princess Anne--I didn't like the shoes, but she looked nice. I hope she had feathers in her hair--I'm not completely sure. But, she looked quite happy and it was nice to see that necklace again.

As for Beatrice, she looks perfectly awful, and awful doesn't even begin to touch it--and nor would I, touch the hat that is. I don't know who is leading this child, but Andrew should have told her to take that thing off. She is not a trendsetter--but she is rapidly becoming to watch--for what NOT to wear.

Other than Bea, a truly lovely day. I liked the coach.

:flowers: Thanks to one and all who've posted pictures here! The wedding looked beautiful. The bride was beautiful. Best wishes to the couple.
I,too,was a bit flabbergasted by Eugenie's and Bea's outfits and hats. They are pretty girls and are still learning about fashion, I guess.
I liked the bride's gown;I thought that the bow detail was fine for her but understand other's preferences(I wouldn't wear so many bows on mine because it wouldn't suit me).
Again,I really enjoyed looking at the pictures.Thanks people!

I thought the bride looked lovely.

Congratulations to the newly-married couple!

Beatrice?

Well, I think she must've had an Ascot moment, or something.

Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but I rather like seeing royal weddings take place at St. George's chapel. The building itself is divine and there is something about the place that is more, oh I don't know, regal. Sure Westminister and St.Paul's is incredibly grand, but I like the intimacy as well as the history of Windsor and specifically St. George's chapel.

Hopefully, more future royal weddings will take place there in the future (i.e. Zara, Bea, Eugenie, and dare I say Harry.)
Completely agree about your take on St George and Windsor in general, as a venue it's intimate and just absolutely gorgeous and preferable for 'minor' royals for sure.
I guess I'm not having the most articulate of weekends so I can't really explain why the weddings that took place there haven't really grabbed my fancy for some reason..something about the vibe of these weddings somehow. Might not have anything to do with the venue. I mean, that small wedding of Davina and Gary was so fairy tale like, I was blown away by the pictures, even though strictly speaking, there wasn't much to that wedding, it was small. Not sure where that was held and don't want to go off topic. So again, on topic, loved the facial expressions on the pictures of Peter and his new wife, they were luminous on their big day. Beyond that, and Beatrice's hat and Kate's sad face, everything else kindof bored me, sorry.

Thank you very much for all those who posted pictures to this lovely royal wedding.

I daresay Autumn Kelly has planned out the details and made it her very own. She has incorporated aspects of royal traditions but defintely added her own personal touches to the occassion. I think her gown is basically a strapless gown...a style currently favoured by American brides (watch you tube posts) but she has added the bolero as a mark of respect to her husband's royal status. Good on you girl! Would have liked the bridesmaids to have something similar just to cover the tan lines BUT I liked the outfit on Zara who projected a ' healthy outdoorsy' look.

I am interested to know about the other relatives. I have gathered from the posts that the lady in purple is Mrs Mark Phillips and the two 11 year old bridesmaids are the half sisters of the bride and bridegroom. Is there a closeup picture of the two? It seems that Autumn's parents are also divorced. Her mother and spouse are on the left of the group with Capt. and Mrs Mark Phillips and her father and his spouse with the Princess Royal and Tim Lawrence on the right.

The pictures of Prince Harry having affectionate exchanges with HM the Queen and in warm rapport with his cousin Zara really made my day. And I thought Chelsy looked smart and well groomed and seems to be on her way to becoming a princess too.

Last edited:
I looked at so many photos of this wedding, and have some observations of my own. I think the bridal gown was lovely but the choice of chantilly lace with the heavier silk duchess satin was an odd choice. The lace appears limp opposed to the weight of the satin. I would have chosen an Alencon lace instead, which is a reembroidered Chantilly and would have supported the satin far better. The bows in the back appeared limp. I also think the bride appeared washed out in the color silk...was it silk white, dyed white, whatever, she appeared washed out, with her blonde hair updo..not much color to give her a lift. The tiara was lovely, her bouquet to me, was a little sparse for a waterfall bouquet, which some have referred as similar to Diana's bouquet. I would have like to see a little more filler in it......

Princess Anne appeared very dark, with the black color the predominate shade worn. Reminded me slightly of Mrs. Danvers from Rebecca. LOL

The bridesmaids dresses were lovely, but some sort of jacket or bolero or shrug would have been more appropriate for a wedding in that setting. The choice of ivory or silk white satin d'orsay pumps was an unusual choice.

The Queen and Camilla looked fantastic and very chic. I am not a huge fan of Camilla, but she got it right with her choice and the color was very appealing and she looked soft and radiant.

I wonder if Chelsy wore black or a midnight blue....she looked lovely..looks like some sort of pearl drop she wore..in any event she looked sweet. Kate, I think, reflected her inner tormoil regarding her position as the 'fiance apparent'.....will he or won't he and how long will it take and what is he really doing in Africa was clearly on her mind. I felt her outfit was an odd choice.

All in all, it appeared to be a quiet, small family wedding.......that is photographed and sent to every media outlet. I do think that maybe Peter and Autumn did what they had to regarding paying the price of the wedding on their own..by selling the photos to Hello. I do not judge them badly on that. IF no one was willing to foot the bill, and the vendors have to be paid, what does one do? This may have seemed practical to them. In any event, I wish them much joy and happiness......

Last edited:
This isn't the picture I was looking at. It is the 2nd BBC video and the child appears for seconds at the end, on the right of the picture. :flowers:

Now this is Louise as posted by sweetpeaheidi (post 87) in the Wessex thread!
Which 2nd video is that?

With the exceptions of the Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie (what were they thinking?????), it turned out to be very lovely and a very happy occasion. Lovely that little Louise was able to attend. Best wishes and may years of happiness to the couple. Can't wait to see whose next to marry!

Thank you to all who posted the pictures. I love this forum because of how fast you guys keep me updated. You are faster than reuters or cnn. I think Autumn's gown was lovely. Nice wedding and the bridesmaids' gowns are really chic and love the color!

I loved how everyone looked! The bride was beautiful and the bridesmaid dresses were very nice. One complaint, the tan lines! Ugh, they just looked so bad.

I like Chelsy's outfit, but not Kate's.

As for the HAT, well, it sure was interesting! It would have been better placed at Ascot.

It must have been all the preparation for Olympics, the tan lines on Zara was very distracting.:flowers: On the other hand, I love Beatrice's outfit, butterfly hat and all. Of all the ladies, hers was the most interesting and fun choice. I think both Chelsy and Kate deliberately toned down their outfit to avoid being accused of attracting attention away from the bride. Can't say I like either, but appropriate for the occasion.

Last edited:
I thought the bride looked lovely.

Congratulations to the newly-married couple!

Beatrice?

Well, I think she must've had an Ascot moment, or something.

I was thinking.....Do these ladies give their dates a fair warning or just show up with these hats???? What was Beatrice thinking of??????

Wedding dress by Sassi Holford and the bridesmaids and six flowers girls dressed by Vera Wang. I thought she wanted a simple wedding.

Simple does not always mean cheap...and it mightn't even mean small...simple just means easy, tasteful and memorable..

It may have already been mentioned, but Her Majesty wore a rather large double strand of pearls (same strands worn to the Wales and Snowdon wedding, if I recall correctly). What looked like filigree, and part of the necklace, is actually the detailing on the dress.

Though I'm sure this was established some two days ago..haha.

Last edited:
i did not like the dress but i love the tiara and the flowers, it was any other royal inviated from the other countries? well, it is a private party and we can not see the photos from inside the church? but he sells the right to hello magazine, i don't get it!

Autumn looked absolutely radiant! :wub: I love her dress, especially the bows running down the back. The bridesmaids also look very nice, except for one who appeared to have gone sunbathing recently without sunscreen :D

As for Beatrice's "hat" - O.M.G. Why? is the only question I have

The 'Glums'

What was up with 'the Glums' ......Princess Margaret's son Viscount Linley and his wife? Are they having marital issues? The newspaper showed a photo of them as the 'Glums' as neither were smiling and looked pretty upset. Anyone know?

I still find Autumn quite hard-faced.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that's why Peter married her and not someone else :D. As he said in the pre-wedding interview, he was smitten with her on first sight. Mileage varies... But then, princess Anne is a harsh-looking woman as well... And Camilla resembled the queen at this wedding and queen Mum at the baptism of the Cunard "Queen Victoria", so there seem to be a pattern. Have to look up a pic of Princess Andrew of Greece..

I still find Autumn quite hard-faced.

I must confess, I've thought the same.

And Camilla resembled the queen at this wedding and queen Mum at the baptism of the Cunard "Queen Victoria"

As you said, it must be in the eye of the beholder. I for one, didn't see it..:)..I thought she resembled Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall...;)

She seems to love those feather fascinators though. Good thing they suit her.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom