The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 06:21 PM
Commoner

will Fellipe and Letiza appear on the balcony of the Royal palace in Madrid after the wedding?....

and how come the Spanish Royals never do balcony apperances anyway?....

Old 04-29-2004, 04:54 PM
Commoner

http://www.elmundo.es/especiales/2004/04/e...real/index.html

Great articles about the weeding, but it´s in spanish!

Old 04-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by TODOI@Apr 27th, 2004 - 5:21 pm
will Fellipe and Letiza appear on the balcony of the Royal palace in Madrid after the wedding?....
it's not probable... those things are not so popular in spain. but maybe, as it is the crown prince wedding, and it's the first one in spain since lots of years maybe they go out... but i don't think so..
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-29-2004, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabriella+Dec 11th, 2003 - 8:09 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gabriella @ Dec 11th, 2003 - 8:09 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Starr@Nov 26th, 2003 - 2:34 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Dennism
Quote:
@Nov 22nd, 2003 - 4:57 pm
I knew it was hot. And of course, the Olympics. What a dumb idea to have them in Athens in August.

About as stupid as having them in Atlanta in August. I have friends from there and they couldn&#39;t figure out how they pulled that one.
I was with my family in Atlanta for the Olympics, the weather was not so bad. Just remember to keep yourself hydrated. NO soda, drink water. [/b][/quote]
I agree about the Olympics in Atlanta. I was also there for them and had a wonderful time. Yes, it was hot. Yes, it was crowded. But I made sure I kept myself well-hydrated- brought bottles of water with me wherever I went- and I was fine.

Karin
Old 04-30-2004, 12:57 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Well, here is the gift everybody has been waiting for...

THE SPANISH DESIGNERS USE THE OPPORTUNITY OF THE ROYAL
WEDDING TO MAKE A PROFITABLE DEAL .
IN THE PICTURE, A CUSHION WITH PRINCE FELIPE, BY DESIGNER
JOSE LAGUILLO 4-28-04

Cushion
Old 04-30-2004, 01:14 PM

Hello&#33;

When will they have their civil wedding? Not on the same day when they marry in the cathedral or?
Old 04-30-2004, 04:30 PM
Gentry

I read the Buckingham Palace comunicated HM Queen Elizabeth II of Great-Britain and HRH Crown Prince Charles will attend the wedding of HRH Crown Prince Felipe, in Madrid.
HM King Juan Carlos received with joy this new and said he understands that the Queen only attend important events. So the wedding of the Prince of Asturias is a very important act.
Hello Magazine also said Camilla Parker-Bowles would attend the wedding with Prince Charles.
Old 04-30-2004, 04:43 PM
Gentry

The royal guests:
About Denmark is difficult to know who will attend. I read HM King Juan Carlos I will not attend the wedding of HRH Crown Prince Frederik, so we can ask &#39;&#39;If the King of Spain will not attend the Crown Prince of Denmark wedding, will the Queen of Denmark attend the Crown Prince of Spain wedding?&#39;&#39;. Frederik and Mary probably will be on honey-moon jorney, so TRH Princes Joachim and Alexandra could be the representatives of the Danish Royal Family.

HM Queen Elizabeth II is said to attend the wedding.

TM King Konstantinos II and Queen Anna Maria of the Hellenes of course will attend the wedding as they will do one week before in Copenhagen.

TRH Infant Duarte of Portugal and Infanta Isabel will also attend the wedding.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally posted by helleniki@Apr 30th, 2004 - 3:43 pm
The royal guests:
About Denmark is difficult to know who will attend. I read HM King Juan Carlos I will not attend the wedding of HRH Crown Prince Frederik, so we can ask &#39;&#39;If the King of Spain will not attend the Crown Prince of Denmark wedding, will the Queen of Denmark attend the Crown Prince of Spain wedding?&#39;&#39;. Frederik and Mary probably will be on honey-moon jorney, so TRH Princes Joachim and Alexandra could be the representatives of the Danish Royal Family.

TM King Konstantinos II and Queen Anna Maria of the Hellenes of course will attend the wedding as they will do one week before in Copenhagen.

Where did you get the news that Queen Elizabeth II would be coming to the Wedding ? As I know, she won&#39;t come.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
That&#39;s a good question :P I&#39;ve read in a spanish newspaper that situation is being study by the royal house.

Quote:
...and how come the Spanish Royals never do balcony apperances anyway?....
I belive that one of the main reasons is the fact that spanish dictator Franco usualy used the balcony of the Royal Palace of Madrid to do many public speechs
Old 05-01-2004, 10:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by donnaK+Apr 30th, 2004 - 4:40 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donnaK @ Apr 30th, 2004 - 4:40 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-helleniki@Apr 30th, 2004 - 3:43 pm
The royal guests:

Where did you get the news that Queen Elizabeth II would be coming to the Wedding ? As I know, she won&#39;t come. [/b][/quote]
It was reported a while ago that The Crown Prince and Crown Princess (as she will be then), will attend the wedding of the Crown Prince of Spain and The Crown Prince of Spain and his fiance will attend the wedding of the Crown Prince of Denmark.
Old 05-02-2004, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

about letizia&#39;s height

here is the exact height of the members of the royal house. it&#39;s not that leti is petite (she has a normal height which is more than the spanish average of women - 1.61 metres) it&#39;s that the others are very high..

Marichalar-1,98
Urdangarín and Felipe-1,97
Elena-1,78
Cristina-1,79
sofia -1,74
(i don&#39;t know why juan carlos&#39; wasn&#39;t there... )

according to protocol, and as i&#39;ve read in an article of the spanish nwspaper el mundo, she will have to wear hells of 15 cm in her wedding&#33;&#33; poor leti... she will wish it finishes...
for other formal events she&#39;ll have to wear heels of 8 cm...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-02-2004, 09:05 PM
Courtier

That&#39;s not a very nice protocol. Why must she wear heels that high?
Old 05-03-2004, 05:50 PM
Courtier

After seeing the pictures that were posted today, I have to say, I feel bad for Letizia. Her feet are going to kill her on her wedding day. Her heel and toes are almost vertical as is, I can&#39;t imagine a higher heeled shoe&#33;
Old 05-03-2004, 06:27 PM
Serene Highness

Another present

Honduran first lady Aguas Ocana, of Spain, left, and artist Julio Visquerra, right, show the painting &#39;El Encuentro&#39; to the press at the Casa Presidencial, in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, Monday, May 3, 2004. Honduran President Ricardo Maduro and the first lady will give this painting as a wedding gift to Spain&#39;s Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz on their wedding on May 22, in Spain.

The painting
Old 05-03-2004, 07:40 PM
Courtier

Interesting painting. Please tell me that wasn&#39;t supposed to be Letizia in the painting.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:02 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by Lyonnaise@May 3rd, 2004 - 5:27 pm
Another present

Honduran first lady Aguas Ocana, of Spain, left, and artist Julio Visquerra, right, show the painting &#39;El Encuentro&#39; to the press at the Casa Presidencial, in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, Monday, May 3, 2004. Honduran President Ricardo Maduro and the first lady will give this painting as a wedding gift to Spain&#39;s Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz on their wedding on May 22, in Spain.

The painting
is that supposed to be letizia?? :o
Old 05-03-2004, 10:12 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
There must be something about this woman that inspires painters to paint. She is a muse.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:43 AM
Gentry

Since this is an important event, will all male royal guests be in their military unifrom?
Old 05-04-2004, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Duke@May 4th, 2004 - 8:43 am
Since this is an important event, will all male royal guests be in their military unifrom?
I believe the men will be, as they usually are for Crown Princely weddings.