News about the Wedding of Prince and Princess of Asturias

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
will Fellipe and Letiza appear on the balcony of the Royal palace in Madrid after the wedding?....

and how come the Spanish Royals never do balcony apperances anyway?....

Originally posted by TODOI@Apr 27th, 2004 - 5:21 pm
will Fellipe and Letiza appear on the balcony of the Royal palace in Madrid after the wedding?....
it's not probable... those things are not so popular in spain. but maybe, as it is the crown prince wedding, and it's the first one in spain since lots of years maybe they go out... but i don't think so.. :huh:

Originally posted by Gabriella+Dec 11th, 2003 - 8:09 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gabriella @ Dec 11th, 2003 - 8:09 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Starr@Nov 26th, 2003 - 2:34 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Dennism
@Nov 22nd, 2003 - 4:57 pm
I knew it was hot. And of course, the Olympics. What a dumb idea to have them in Athens in August.

About as stupid as having them in Atlanta in August. I have friends from there and they couldn't figure out how they pulled that one.
I was with my family in Atlanta for the Olympics, the weather was not so bad. Just remember to keep yourself hydrated. NO soda, drink water. [/b][/quote]
I agree about the Olympics in Atlanta. I was also there for them and had a wonderful time. Yes, it was hot. Yes, it was crowded. But I made sure I kept myself well-hydrated- brought bottles of water with me wherever I went- and I was fine.

Karin

Well, here is the gift everybody has been waiting for...

THE SPANISH DESIGNERS USE THE OPPORTUNITY OF THE ROYAL
WEDDING TO MAKE A PROFITABLE DEAL .
IN THE PICTURE, A CUSHION WITH PRINCE FELIPE, BY DESIGNER
JOSE LAGUILLO 4-28-04

Cushion

Hello!

When will they have their civil wedding? Not on the same day when they marry in the cathedral or?

I read the Buckingham Palace comunicated HM Queen Elizabeth II of Great-Britain and HRH Crown Prince Charles will attend the wedding of HRH Crown Prince Felipe, in Madrid.
HM King Juan Carlos received with joy this new and said he understands that the Queen only attend important events. So the wedding of the Prince of Asturias is a very important act.
Hello Magazine also said Camilla Parker-Bowles would attend the wedding with Prince Charles.

The royal guests:
About Denmark is difficult to know who will attend. I read HM King Juan Carlos I will not attend the wedding of HRH Crown Prince Frederik, so we can ask ''If the King of Spain will not attend the Crown Prince of Denmark wedding, will the Queen of Denmark attend the Crown Prince of Spain wedding?''. Frederik and Mary probably will be on honey-moon jorney, so TRH Princes Joachim and Alexandra could be the representatives of the Danish Royal Family.

HM Queen Elizabeth II is said to attend the wedding.

TM King Konstantinos II and Queen Anna Maria of the Hellenes of course will attend the wedding as they will do one week before in Copenhagen.

TRH Infant Duarte of Portugal and Infanta Isabel will also attend the wedding.

Originally posted by helleniki@Apr 30th, 2004 - 3:43 pm
The royal guests:
About Denmark is difficult to know who will attend. I read HM King Juan Carlos I will not attend the wedding of HRH Crown Prince Frederik, so we can ask ''If the King of Spain will not attend the Crown Prince of Denmark wedding, will the Queen of Denmark attend the Crown Prince of Spain wedding?''. Frederik and Mary probably will be on honey-moon jorney, so TRH Princes Joachim and Alexandra could be the representatives of the Danish Royal Family.

TM King Konstantinos II and Queen Anna Maria of the Hellenes of course will attend the wedding as they will do one week before in Copenhagen.

Where did you get the news that Queen Elizabeth II would be coming to the Wedding ? As I know, she won't come.

That's a good question :p I've read in a spanish newspaper that situation is being study by the royal house.

...and how come the Spanish Royals never do balcony apperances anyway?....

I belive that one of the main reasons is the fact that spanish dictator Franco usualy used the balcony of the Royal Palace of Madrid to do many public speechs :blink:

Originally posted by donnaK+Apr 30th, 2004 - 4:40 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donnaK @ Apr 30th, 2004 - 4:40 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-helleniki@Apr 30th, 2004 - 3:43 pm
The royal guests:

Where did you get the news that Queen Elizabeth II would be coming to the Wedding ? As I know, she won't come. [/b][/quote]
It was reported a while ago that The Crown Prince and Crown Princess (as she will be then), will attend the wedding of the Crown Prince of Spain and The Crown Prince of Spain and his fiance will attend the wedding of the Crown Prince of Denmark.

about letizia's height

here is the exact height of the members of the royal house. it's not that leti is petite (she has a normal height which is more than the spanish average of women - 1.61 metres) it's that the others are very high..

Marichalar-1,98
Urdangarín and Felipe-1,97
Elena-1,78
Cristina-1,79
sofia -1,74
(i don't know why juan carlos' wasn't there... :huh: )

according to protocol, and as i've read in an article of the spanish nwspaper el mundo, she will have to wear hells of 15 cm in her wedding!! poor leti... she will wish it finishes...
for other formal events she'll have to wear heels of 8 cm...

After seeing the pictures that were posted today, I have to say, I feel bad for Letizia. Her feet are going to kill her on her wedding day. Her heel and toes are almost vertical as is, I can't imagine a higher heeled shoe!

Another present

Honduran first lady Aguas Ocana, of Spain, left, and artist Julio Visquerra, right, show the painting 'El Encuentro' to the press at the Casa Presidencial, in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, Monday, May 3, 2004. Honduran President Ricardo Maduro and the first lady will give this painting as a wedding gift to Spain's Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz on their wedding on May 22, in Spain.

The painting

Interesting painting. Please tell me that wasn't supposed to be Letizia in the painting.

Originally posted by Lyonnaise@May 3rd, 2004 - 5:27 pm
Another present

Honduran first lady Aguas Ocana, of Spain, left, and artist Julio Visquerra, right, show the painting 'El Encuentro' to the press at the Casa Presidencial, in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, Monday, May 3, 2004. Honduran President Ricardo Maduro and the first lady will give this painting as a wedding gift to Spain's Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz on their wedding on May 22, in Spain.

The painting
is that supposed to be letizia?? :eek:

There must be something about this woman that inspires painters to paint. She is a muse.

Since this is an important event, will all male royal guests be in their military unifrom?

Originally posted by Duke@May 4th, 2004 - 8:43 am
Since this is an important event, will all male royal guests be in their military unifrom?
I believe the men will be, as they usually are for Crown Princely weddings.

I just bought this much talked about issue. Although there are a 140+ pictures, AFAICT, none of them are "new", and only a couple of pages are devoted to each couple. Personally, now that I've seen it, I wouldn't recommend going out and buying a the magazine just for the supplement, especially if you are a student or something and don't have the extra dollars. Most of the pics are available online (many of them here on LTR!) . It would be better to save and buy the wedding issues that come out later in the month.

Sean

It´s confirmed that Sophie and Edward will attend.Charles wo´nt be there...

the whole belgian rf will attend.
it was also confirmed that frederik and the future crown princess will also be there.
luxembourg will be represented by guillaume and teresa mestre.

Polfoto 05-05-2004 Unidentified students look at a marble statue of Crown Prince Felipe and his finance Letizia Ortiz in Novelda, Spain, that the city hall is to give as a present to the couple on their wedding day May 22.

Will Prince Charles or Prince William be attending this wedding? For some reason it seems to add something special if Britians Royals show up.

I believe that Prince Charles is to attend. It has been rumored that Prince William will attend, but his school website says that there are examinations going on that week. In that case it will be unlikely that William will attend.

Letizia Ortiz entrará en La Almudena con música de Haendel

Cuando a las 11 de la mañana del sábado 22 Letizia Ortiz haga su entrada en la Catedral de La Almudena, en el templo sonarán las notas solemnes del 'allegro' del Concierto para Órgano y Orquesta Opus 7 número 3 de Haendel. Esta es una de las obras escogidas para ser interpretadas en la boda del Príncipe de Asturias con Letizia Ortiz, ceremonia en la que la música tendrá un protagonismo destacado, como ya ocurrió en las de los Duques de Lugo y de Palma de Mallorca.

El vestido de Doña Letizia tendrá cuello chimenea y manga ancha hasta el codo

Así, descubre que tendrá escote chimenea ¬como el traje del día de la pedida, que hizo que se popularizara como «cuello Letizia»¬ que la manga ¬acampanada¬ llegará hasta el codo y que la falda ha sido confeccionada en seda de faya, con mucho volumen e inspirada en las que usaba la Reina Mariana de Austria, esposa de Felipe IV.
Un estilo regio que se desconoce si también tendrá el vestido que, también según «¿Hola!», le está terminando Lorenzo Caprile para la cena de gala de El Pardo, que se celebrará la víspera del enlace. Además, la revista añade que este mismo modisto ¬que vistió a la Infanta Doña Cristina en su boda¬ se ha encargado del traje que Doña Letizia lucirá el 14 de mayo en la boda de Federico de Dinamarca con la abogada Mary Donaldson, dato que, ayer, desde su departamento de prensa, no quisieron confirmar: «Tenemos varios encargos de Doña Letizia, pero no sabemos en qué momentos los va a utilizar», aseguraron.

Según asegura «¡Hola!», en ese enlace Doña Letizia lucirá la diadema de «La Chata» o de las conchas, una joya que los condes de Barcelona entregaron a Doña Sofía en 1962 con motivo de su boda y que ahora Su Majestad podría entregar a la prometida del Príncipe de Asturias.

Hasta la fecha, Doña Letizia ha elegido a numerosos diseñadores españoles para sus actos públicos, como Miguel Palacio, Miriam Ocáriz, Adolfo Domínguez, Lydia Delgado, Ángel Schlesser y Antonio Pernas, sin embargo, todos ellos han preferido guardar silencio, como hacen con todas sus clientas.

Por su parte, y como se sabe, Cecilio Serna, que trabaja desde hace 37 años para el Palacio de La Zarzuela, se ha encargado de confeccionar el uniforme de etiqueta del Ejército de Tierra que vestirá el Príncipe Felipe el día 22. Las condecoraciones que lucirá son la encomienda del Toisón de Oro, el collar de la Orden de Carlos III y las Grandes Cruces del Mérito Militar, Naval y Náutico.

Una treintena de Jefes de Estado
confirman su asistencia

Alrededor de una treintena de jefes de Estado han confirmado hasta la fecha su asistencia a la boda del Príncipe de Asturias y Doña Letizia Ortiz, que servirá para proyectar una imagen de modernidad de España en un acontecimiento de relevancia mundial.
El Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores, como responsable de protocolo, se encargará de la recepción de las personalidades de todo el mundo que asistirán al enlace, entre los que figuran numerosos jefes de Estado y de Gobierno y miembros de Casas Reales.
En estrecha colaboración con la Casa del Rey, Exteriores mantendrá contactos con las diferentes embajadas y el cuerpo diplomático para la preparación del recibimiento a los invitados, tanto en el Palacio del Pardo como en la catedral de la Almudena, así como de la coordinación de los traslados a sus puntos de alojamiento.
Las fuentes del Ejecutivo destacaron la "importante labor" que está desarrollando Patrimonio Nacional en el embellecimiento de los lugares históricos donde se desarrollará la Boda Real (Palacio del Pardo, Palacio Real, Catedral de la Almudena y Basílica de Atocha).
Los miembros del Gobierno harán un regalo conjunto al Príncipe de Asturias y su prometida, y el presidente del Ejecutivo, José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, enviará uno personalmente.
La Comunidad de Madrid ha puesto a disposición del Ejecutivo los 100.000 efectivos de Protección Ciudadana, Emergencias 112, Servicios de Transportes y Carreteras y sanitarios y sociales de cara al dispositivo organizativo de la boda.
Agencias

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom