The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 04:12 AM
Courtier

That's a highly risky thing Geena Davis is doing. After you reach the age of 35 you have a significant increase in the chance of Down Syndrome, not to mention life-threatening to the mother. I hope it works out, though.

Old 12-29-2003, 11:09 AM
Serene Highness

It's not considered "highly risky" in the US. And this is not her first pregnancy--she had her first child just last year. There is of course the increase chances of complications, and certain birth defects, but it's not all that uncommon. I have a lot of friends who had their first child at 40 or later.

Old 01-13-2004, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Hello

A Passion-Filled Wedding Cake for Felipe of Spain

13 JANUARY 2004
A Madrid pastry chef is savouring the sweet taste of victory after winning a contest to find the perfect cake for the springtime wedding of Crown Prince Felipe and TV newsreader Letitia Ortiz.

Competition to produce the new Prince of Asturias cake was stiff, with 10 finalists battling it out after a two-step contest judged by a panel of journalists and gourmets.

Francisco Somoza Estevez's winning confection – selected in a competition sponsored by the city's pastry craftsmanship association – is expected to be served at the May 22 wedding and should thereafter become a staple dessert on Spanish menus.

The Prince of Asturias cake consists of a base of almond sponge under several colourful layers – a passion fruit crème, raspberry sauce and rice pudding mousse – symbolising the Spanish national flag.

Topping the sweet creation will be a combination of symbols representing everything from the city where the nuptials take place – Madrid – to the number of children the prince and future princess might have.

Among the decorations completing the cake will be the Prince of Asturias coat of arms, the shield of the royal house, two wedding rings and a pair of blooms representing the bride and groom. And finishing off the array of symbols will be four smaller flowers. "Since the prince told us that he was hoping to have between two and five children," explains the cake's creator, "let's see if we get the number right."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cake_dop1b.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	35498  
Old 01-15-2004, 08:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Souvenirs created the Princes of Asturias' wedding

(Imagine Scandinavia). Madrid, Spain. Souvenirs to celebrate the Prince Felipe engagement Due to the coming wedding of Prince Felipe of Spain with Dª Letizia Ortiz, some souvenirs had been made. Dishes, ashtrays, thimbles...with the pictures of the couple are available for collectors, tourists and general public. This is another way to celebrate the engagement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15_Felipe_Ortiz_bryllup_3.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	35742   Click image for larger version

Name:	15_Felipe_Ortiz_bryllup_4.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	35743   Click image for larger version

Name:	15_Felipe_Ortiz_bryllup_2.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	35744  
Old 02-06-2004, 08:29 PM
Serene Highness

After a frenzied few months of speculation as to who would snag the plum job of designing Spanish princess-to-be Letizia Ortiz's wedding gown, one of the country's most venerated fashionistas has landed the commission.

In what the royal palace has called a "personal decision" by the former TV newsreader, Barcelona-based Manuel Pertegaz will create the dress for Letizia's May wedding to Crown Prince Felipe.

The 86-year-old couturier, who has dressed some of the world's best-known fashion icons, from Audrey Hepburn to Jaqueline Onassis, remains tight lipped on what the dress will look like. But, in light of what Pertegaz told Spanish newspaper El Mundo two months ago, royal watchers can expect an elegant and classic design.

In the interview, Pertegaz said Letizia, who has become known for wearing neutral tones and simple silhouettes, "should freely choose what she likes – there are no boundaries in fashion". However, he then remarked that he didn't think she should be a bride that "breaks any moulds", pointing out that royal protocol would have to be the main consideration.

The sentiment was reinforced by Pertegaz's comments after the future princess spent two hours at his workship this week. "She was very pleasant and she has a wonderful figure," said Pertegaz, who later added: "I don't think I would advise her to wear a gown that is too avant garde."
Old 02-07-2004, 01:09 AM
Courtier

what do you think he meant by that?
Old 02-07-2004, 08:33 AM
Serene Highness

I presume she isn't going to stick to her usual and wear pants! :P
Old 02-10-2004, 11:44 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
For those of you who want to see some of the previous designs from the designer, check out this link:

IML

I'm not terribly impressed.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:18 PM
Royal Highness

All I can say is....YUCK!
Old 02-10-2004, 09:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh, I do hope he will do a much better job with Letizia's wedding dress than the designs shown here. Some of them are, um, interesting...?
Old 02-10-2004, 10:33 PM
Majesty

I'm glad you all think so. I'm fairly conservative when it comes to fashion.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:21 PM
Majesty

" The Spanish National Public Television station (responsible for the video feed to any one who wants to air the wedding) announced today that every member of the Organization of Iberoamerican Telecommunications has expressed their desire to broadcast live the wedding between Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz. This organization includes television stations from all over South and Central America, as well as Spanish speaking USA stations. Specifically mentioned were stations from: the USA, Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador, El Salvador and Guatamala. "

That means TVEI!
Old 03-30-2004, 04:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism@Feb 10th, 2004 - 10:44 am
For those of you who want to see some of the previous designs from the designer, check out this link:

IML

I'm not terribly impressed.
Well........his designs are certainly different! I look forward to seeing what he will do. He's a little older than I imagined...............
Old 04-03-2004, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Invitations for the Spanish wedding have been sent out. (Originally posted by Ademar at the Glittering Royals MB.)

From the King and Queen of Spain

Invitation, part 2

From Letizia's parents

CEREMONIA RELIGIOSA Y ALMUERZO
La Casa Real comienza a enviar las invitaciones para la boda del Príncipe

ELMUNDO.ES

MADRID.- La Casa Real ha comenzado ya a enviar las invitaciones de la boda del Príncipe Felipe y Letizia Ortiz. Los afortunados recibirán tres tarjetas diferentes, una firmada por los Reyes, otra del Jefe de la Casa Real y una tercera remitida por los padres de Letizia Ortiz.

Las tres invitaciones utilizan el mismo tipo de tarjeta blanca y han sido impresas con letra inglesa. En la primera de ellas, vertical, el jefe de la Casa del Rey, Alberto Aza, invita a los asistentes a la ceremonia religiosa que se celebrará el sábado 22 de mayo en la Catedral de La Almudena a las 11.00 de la mañana.

En la segunda, horizontal, con el escudo real en relieve dorado, como la anterior, y con el canto dorado también, los Reyes invitan al almuerzo posterior que se tendrá lugar en el Palacio Real y cuyo inicio ha sido fijado a las 14.30. En estas dos invitaciones, se exige chaqué a los caballeros y traje corto a las señoras.

La tercera y última tarjeta la remiten Jesús Ortiz y Paloma Rocasolano, padres de la novia. En ella, 'participan' del enlace de su hija con el Príncipe Felipe.

La Casa Real no hará pública ninguna lista oficial de invitados, ni siquiera cuando éstos hayan confirmado su asistencia al enlace. Unos días antes de la boda, difundirá los 'grupos' que estarán presentes en la boda real pero será tarea de los espectadores hacer el recuento de quién acude al enlace y quién no.

Las invitaciones para los representantes de Gobiernos extranjeros se han remitido a través de las embajadas de España en cada uno de sus países, según han confirmado desde la legación británica en Madrid.

En el caso de las casas reales, no hay una fórmula concreta para proceder a la invitación. Según fuentes de Buckinham Palace, con cada una de ellas se emplea un procedimiento diferente. En el caso de la británica, se trata como un asunto privado sobre el que no existe protocolo establecido y lo más probable es que la invitación se realice de manera personal entre los monarcas.
Old 04-04-2004, 03:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism@Mar 29th, 2004 - 9:21 pm
" The Spanish National Public Television station (responsible for the video feed to any one who wants to air the wedding) announced today that every member of the Organization of Iberoamerican Telecommunications has expressed their desire to broadcast live the wedding between Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz. This organization includes television stations from all over South and Central America, as well as Spanish speaking USA stations. Specifically mentioned were stations from: the USA, Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador, El Salvador and Guatamala. "

That means TVEI!
Did they also mentioned the Dutch Television or the Belgian Television???
Old 04-04-2004, 08:09 PM
Majesty

I don`t know. I know it will be on German TV too. I think ARD. Sorry.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:03 AM
Commoner

How about TVE? Not TVE1 but just TVE? Will they be airing it? Coz we only get that channel from our place... Thanks for the infor, I'm looking forward to watching the wedding ALL day! hahahaha
Old 04-05-2004, 01:22 AM
Majesty

Probably. Depends on where you are.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism@Apr 5th, 2004 - 1:09 am
I don`t know. I know it will be on German TV too. I think ARD. Sorry.
Don't mind, we have also ARD overhere

I already to happy that I can watch it
Old 04-07-2004, 02:10 AM
Aristocracy

Wedding page

http://www.hola.com/bodaprincipe/portadas/home/