News about the Wedding of Prince and Princess of Asturias

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 22nd, 2003 - 1:08 am
By the way, Xicalamuca .... is May better for climate than the (earlier) forecasted June ???
NOOO!!!! May are usualy very, very hot :wacko:

Last May, i remeber very well of temperatures of 36ºC in Madrid :blink: Then June is a little more calm, and them came the hotness of July and August :wacko:

And the wedding is at noon, realy hot time in a city like Madrid. So, let just hope that the May of 2004 don't be equal to the May of the recent years :p Or the guests and public will have a very hard time :innocent:

oh .... :) ... so the goal is to minimize the number of foreign visitors ?

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 22nd, 2003 - 1:32 am
oh .... :) ... so the goal is to minimize the number of foreign visitors ?
:lol: :p

Let's see if they can fill the space to 3000 guests of the La Almudena Cathedral :rolleyes: But people that knows Spain, knows wath will be exceting them :innocent: And definitly will be alot of foreign guests ;)

And don't worry about the public, they are spaniards enough to fill the streets B)

Is La Almudena cathedral cool in the middle of the summer day ?

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 22nd, 2003 - 1:38 am
Is La Almudena cathedral cool in the middle of the summer day ?
I belive that "La Almudena" has a wonderful air condition system, as many cathedrals in Spain ;) . I rember of people that visited Madrid in the summer say that was wonderful be inside of the cathedral, very refreshing B)

i think that frederik and mary will attend the wedding because fred and felipe might have a very close friendship. i'm not too sure how close they are but i assume they should be close and probably that also explains why their wedding date is just 1 week apart !! they both think alike !!

by the way, was it felipe that introduced frederik to mary in the pub ? if that's true, then i'm sure fred and mary will be there.. we shall wait and see...

I wonder why the May date was chosen? So close to Frederik and Mary's wedding date, which was announced before Felipe and Letizia's engagement. Better planning would've applied here, I think. And also, because both Felipe and Frederik are Crown Princes, many royals will most likely attend. Kind of hectic for them to fly from Denmark to Spain. And it's not like these two countries are next door to each other; like if Frederik and Mary were to get married one weekend and Victoria and Person X the next weekend.

Ach, at least we know this board will be busy the month of May!

Am really surprised they're getting married in May - and so soon after Denmark's big day.

Wonder if Mary and Frederik will be there, or on their honeymoon?

:flower:

Thanks Xicamacula for that interesting facts about the Cathedral!
Here are few additional tidbits.

Madrid Cathedral is also known as La Almudena Cathedral..

It is in neo-gothic style and it has a Romanesque crypt. It is close to the Royal Palace.

The windows, the pictures... it all deserves a visit.

When I went to Spain for a vacation, together with some tourists we entered for the first time to the crypt. Here you can find many buried tombs. some of them very recent (I wonder how much they will pay in life to be buried there?)

Well, I am glad that their wedding date is already announced after weeks of expecting it. I am just fustrated for the date is very close to the wedding of Frederick and Mary. It's too close.
It would have been better if it was set like June or July so that we can focus on discussing about the Danish wedding first.Then after weeks of talking about Fred's wedding then here comes Felipe's wedding to be discussed. :) It's like after Fred's wedding we are still expecting something. But it's already there so I am happy for the two of them.

I hope that many royals would be attending it especially Frederick and Mary for they are friends with Felipe. They can maybe have few days of honeymoon then go to Spain and attend Felipe and Letizia's wedding. Then after it, they would go to another location for their 2nd honeymoon. :)

I hope it's like M-C and Pavlos' wedding wherein a lot of royals gathered in London. I like it for I would see the latest fashion of the royals. Especially women!

:flower: Let us face it :

The wedding of the Crown Prince of Spain is a very much bigger event in the world than the similar wedding in tiny Denmark.

Letiza and Felipe's arrangements pushed Frederik and Mary out of the little light they had been given by the mediaworld starting 1.november.

Frederik and Mary are media stars in Denmark and - since 8.october - to some degree in Australia also.

Letizia and Felipe ARE NEWS almost everywhere :lol:

The wedding will be in May because there will be elections in Spain to the european parliament that will take place in June (not good have a royal wedding when there is elections in the country :p ). Also because the Euro 2004 (Europen Soccer Championship). Soccer is a huge think in Spain, and the royal house had to wait and see if the national team qualified to the event (that happened last wednesday). Spain will be there, so all country will be focus in Portugal and of course that the royal house want that all Spain be focus in Madrid ;)

I wonder if the spanish RF made a poll, in which they asked the members of the other Royal houses, when a wedding between Felipe and Letizia would fit in their schedule (which is in the most Royal houses already planned one year before).
But it´s really strange, that there´s just a gap of a week between the 2 weddings. And IMO it´s a completely bad planning of the spanish Royal court. The most important people in this wedding are Felipe and Letizia. But I think it´s clear, that such an expensive wedding, with that many guests, broadcasted on TV is a "commercial" for the Royal house and the country too. And a lot of people (especially the people in Europe, which can watch both weddings on TV and can buy the magazines...) could become tired of all those wedding-stuff in such a short time period.
The only thing, which is IMO good at this date is, that it´s on a Saturday.

I was wondering why the couple decided to marry on the 22nd just a week after the Danish royal wedding. This is what i thought:

1. They wanted to surprise us again. We all expected a june wedding date!!

2. The Cathedral was availiable at this date.

3. The palace contacted other Royal families to know their timetables and most could not come at a june wedding.

4. The specific date means something to one or both of them

5. The SRF has many official engagements after May and they can not organize a wedding.

5. All the members of the family would be able to attend without compromising any work they have to do.

6. Eva Sanum will be in Madrid after May :ninja:

7. Finally some people mentioned why not have a September wedding but we have the Olymbic Games during the summer and he might meet many girls there.Its dangerous ;) ;) ;) ;)

8. Letizia is 1.5-2 months pregnant, and wants to marry before the arrival of the child ;)

This would be a sensation.The very catholic Royal House of Spain and premarital sex...(Okay we know that we aren´t in the Middle Age but the church?)

I don´t think she is pregnant.If she is 2month pregnant right know she would be 8 month pregnant at the wedding and could you imagine a royal bride with a 8month belly?

The only princess who could have been pregnant before marrying could be Princess Claire of Belgium.She became pregnant so soon,we will see when the baby is born...

:heart:

As i posted in another topic, this were the reasons to this wedding date :flower:

- The govermental and royal houses agendas (including the spanish). The date was decided after talks with the european monarchies and with all sectors of govermental instituitions ;)

- There will be elections in Spain to the european parliament in June (not good have a royal wedding when there is elections in the country :p ).

- The Euro 2004 (Europen Soccer Championship). Soccer is a huge thing in Spain, and the royal house had to wait and see if the national team qualified to the event (that happened last wednesday). Spain will be there, so all country will be focus in Portugal and of course that the royal house want that all Spain be focus in Madrid ;)

Lena, you're too much. That would be scandalous. For sure about Euro 2004. Spain may have a chance this time around. Then again we see that all of the time. But Raul will score and Casillas will stop the shots. Viva Espana!

What is wrong with August or September? Does Spain go on vacation in August like the French do? I imagine it would be too hot. Make it in September then. It's not like Spain becomes the picture of Fall. It would be lovely.

I know. But that would be bad though.

Originally posted by Dennism@Nov 22nd, 2003 - 2:45 pm
What is wrong with August or September? Does Spain go on vacation in August like the French do? I imagine it would be too hot. Make it in September then. It's not like Spain becomes the picture of Fall. It would be lovely.
August is the Olympic Games in Athens and in September will be the month when the new spanish goverment and parliament will take possession (the general elections in Spain are in the beggining of May ;) )

And, yup, August is the big vacation month in Spain and people run away from madrid, because it's hell there in August :p Temperatues easly pass over the 40ºC :wacko:

Originally posted by andiemac@Nov 21st, 2003 - 8:43 pm
i think that frederik and mary will attend the wedding because fred and felipe might have a very close friendship. i'm not too sure how close they are but i assume they should be close and probably that also explains why their wedding date is just 1 week apart !! they both think alike !!

by the way, was it felipe that introduced frederik to mary in the pub ? if that's true, then i'm sure fred and mary will be there.. we shall wait and see...
But do you suppose that Felipe and Letizia will be at Fred and Mary's wedding? It's only a week ahead of their wedding, right? They'll need time to prepare for it! Wouldn't it be sad if they weren't there... or if Fred and Mary had a long honeymoon and didn't come to Felipe and Letizia's wedding...

This is all just conjecture and possibly doesn't belong in this thread, but I did read that Felipe didn't respect Mary's behavior at the Sydney Olympic games. Not that that should have anything to do with choosing a wedding date (and indeed, probably doesn't), but I just thought it was interesting that the case might be that neither couple will be at each other's wedding.

Or maybe the two are great friends and set this all up so the media coverage of each wedding will be lessened?

Don't mind me, I'm just an old gossip. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by beebee@Nov 22nd, 2003 - 1:45 pm
Or maybe the two are great friends and set this all up so the media coverage of each wedding will be lessened?
Interesting thought! Perhaps this wasn't all "a big mess" of dates and schedules as we all thought? Perhaps it was very well planned and orchestrated to lessen the undoubted media onslaught and coverage of these two Crown Princely wedding! ;)

I knew it was hot. And of course, the Olympics. What a dumb idea to have them in Athens in August. Not only is it hot but Athens is rather polluted! That being said, there are various good vibes between the Royals and the Olympics. Well, I thought that would be good for the new government. A royal family wedding. It would make the people more happy.

Well, royal fans realy gonna have a huge crazy MAY in 2004 :lol: :blink: :lol:

According to spanish newspaper ABC (Article from ABC), Crown Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor Of Jordan wedding will take place just a week later of the royal wedding in Spain :p This definitly explains why the date of May 29th (they could have picked May 22th or 29th) wasn't picked by the spanish royal house. Wasn't available anymore to royal events :p

This way we will have 3 royal weddings in a row: Denmark, Spain and Jordan :wacko: Are you all prepared for the crazyness???

What I like mostly about the Cathedral is its outside architecture!
I also like the inside.It doesn't look very dark for it is all white!

The International Events forced to almost advance to a month the wedding of Prince de Asturias

Martinez Forne

MADRID. The numerous international events, of social and political character, anticipated for end of the spring have forced to advance to the date of the wedding of Their Height Real Prince de Asturias with Doña Letizia Ortiz, programmed initially for principles of the next summer.

It was the House of His Majesty the King the one that announced, shortly before the midnight of the last Friday, that the connection of the Heir of Corona will take place to 12 of the noon of the 22 of May in the Cathedral of the Almudena of Madrid.

Just as it happened with the official announcement of the commitment, that hurried to avoid the rumors, in this occasion the spreading of the date of the wedding by the chain of Intereconomía radio did that the Palace of the Zarzuela decided to advance the official official notice and to at night announce it few minutes before the twelve of Friday, one hour unusual for this type of official notices.

Don Felipe informed to its close friends

Apparently, own Don Felipe already had announced to his more close friends the exact day of its connection and, as of that moment, the date began to circulate quickly, when still it had not been made public officially.

Until then, the House of His Majesty the King studied three possible dates for the celebration of the wedding. First it was the 22 of May, the second, very next one, and third, already in June, closest to the summer. The confirmation of the exact date depended solely to make it with the numerous events anticipated for the months of May and June compatible. As it is logical, one was to try to obtain that it could attend the ceremony the greater possible number of representatives of the religious and civil institutions, as well as of international delegations of the highest level.

The circumstance that occurs indeed the weekend previous to the one of the wedding of Don Felipe will contract marriage Prince Heredero Federico of Denmark with the Australian Mary Donaldson. Also, the following weekend to the connection of Prince de Asturias will be celebrated the one of Prince Heredero of Jordan, Hamzah, with its fiance'e, Noor. Hamzah is son of King Hussein and Queen Noor.

Of this form, they will be three consecutive week ends in which the Royal Families of the diverse countries will have to move to attend the three weddings.

In addition to these three marriages, the international agenda specially is loaded in June. The European elections (foreseeably the 13) with its corresponding electoral campaign, the sport advice of relief of presidency of the UE or events as the Eurocopa of soccer made look for a date in May.

Strategic Balconies

Now, once made specific the day of the wedding, to the commission created in the Palace of the Zarzuela to organize the preparations, representatives of the City council and the Community of Madrid will add themselves. Until the ceremony, they have six months to prepare the Spanish capital, that the 22 of May will monopolize all the national and international attention. All the referring one to Prince de Asturias and his fiance'e is provoking a great interest between diverse Spanish and foreign mass media. As one remembers, more than thousand journalists they solicitd to credit itself to cover the request with hand, although finally only there was space for 350. The real estate agencies already have begun to receive requests of rents of floors for that date and from which the passage of the retinue can be observed. The same demand registered yesterday in inns and pensions of old Madrid, near Palace, and objective of the cameras and photographers for that day.

(sorry, I don't know Spanish that well so the grammar is not that great!)

Doesn't give a reason on why not September then?

Originally posted by Dennism@Nov 23rd, 2003 - 4:10 pm
Doesn't give a reason on why not September then?
I told before that in September a new goverment will take posssission. This always take alot of time from the Kings, as they are present when the members of the goverment swear the constitution and there is always a gala event to welcome them. A royal wedding would never take place in the same month than a possession of a new goverment, for this and for the fact of KJC always want separate the royal family from politics ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom