The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 08:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism@Nov 21st, 2003 - 6:45 pm
"If Frederiks away and the queen is at the wedding then Prince J and Alexandra will not be at the wedding, "

Can't the Queen and J and Alexandra be at the wedding? Is their some protocol that I'm missing?
Of course not. There is no protocol for these things. For the wedding of Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima many Royal families attended. The King and Queen of Belgium attended with Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz, and Prince Laurent. The King and Queen of Norway attended with Princess Martha Louise and Ari Behn as well as the Crown Prince and Princess. Queen Margrethe attended as did Crown Prince Frederik. Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg attended with their son as well as with Henri's parents and with Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla. So there really is no protocol.

Old 11-21-2003, 08:22 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by mybags+Nov 21st, 2003 - 7:08 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mybags @ Nov 21st, 2003 - 7:08 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dennism@Nov 21st, 2003 - 6:45 pm
"If Frederiks away and the queen is at the wedding then Prince J and Alexandra will not be at the wedding, "

Can&#39;t the Queen and J and Alexandra be at the wedding? Is their some protocol that I&#39;m missing?
Of course not. There is no protocol for these things. For the wedding of Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima many Royal families attended. The King and Queen of Belgium attended with Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz, and Prince Laurent. The King and Queen of Norway attended with Princess Martha Louise and Ari Behn as well as the Crown Prince and Princess. Queen Margrethe attended as did Crown Prince Frederik. Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg attended with their son as well as with Henri&#39;s parents and with Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla. So there really is no protocol. [/b][/quote]
Maybe I&#39;m just really slow at understanding but... so why wouldn&#39;t Joachim and Alexandra attend the wedding along with Margrethe?

Old 11-21-2003, 08:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Josefine@Nov 21st, 2003 - 11:22 pm
the wedding is at noon so there is no gala wedding...
Is normal at the spanish royal weddings, also happened with the infantas weddings They always do a gala reception in the day before the wedding. In Felipe&#39;s case will be at May 21th B)
Old 11-21-2003, 08:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by beebee+Nov 21st, 2003 - 7:22 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (beebee @ Nov 21st, 2003 - 7:22 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by mybags@Nov 21st, 2003 - 7:08 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Dennism
Quote:
@Nov 21st, 2003 - 6:45 pm

Can&#39;t the Queen and J and Alexandra be at the wedding? Is their some protocol that I&#39;m missing?

Of course not. There is no protocol for these things. For the wedding of Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima many Royal families attended. The King and Queen of Belgium attended with Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz, and Prince Laurent. The King and Queen of Norway attended with Princess Martha Louise and Ari Behn as well as the Crown Prince and Princess. Queen Margrethe attended as did Crown Prince Frederik. Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg attended with their son as well as with Henri&#39;s parents and with Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla. So there really is no protocol.
Maybe I&#39;m just really slow at understanding but... so why wouldn&#39;t Joachim and Alexandra attend the wedding along with Margrethe? [/b][/quote]
They only way they wouldn&#39;t go is if they said that they didn&#39;t want to or Queen Margrethe may tell them that they don&#39;t have to. But seeing as how it is only a week after Frederik&#39;s wedding, I am willing to bet that they will be there.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:43 PM
Aristocracy

In Denmark one regent has to be present in the country at all times

during the wedding in Spain (as this topic is about)

one of these four

Margrethe
Frederik
Joachim
Benedikte

has to stay in Denmark.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:50 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Thanks, Anna. I knew it was something like that. I just meant noon for any wedding.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:54 PM
Majesty

So Benedikte can act as regent, I did not know that
Old 11-21-2003, 08:54 PM
Courtier

I think the date is too close with Denmark´s wedding.They could have chosen June,maybe.It´s only 1 week later.IT become a difficult week for all the other royals.
Old 11-21-2003, 09:04 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
I have to agree on that. I mean I go back to protocol but you know a lot of the more "important"(used loosely) will be attending both. And I don&#39;t know about you all but I generally can&#39;t attend a wedding one week and another one the next and travel a good distance for it.
Old 11-21-2003, 09:08 PM
Royal Highness

Oh oh .... I just knew it Felipe is going to join his good friend Frederik on honeymoon. Can you imagine the &#39;blast&#39; they will have &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Would hope there is no rubbing of manly chest of the other significant other happening then &#33;&#33;&#33;

By the way, Xicalamuca .... is May better for climate than the (earlier) forecasted June ???

It will be a busy travel week then between May 13 to May 22/23 &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
Old 11-21-2003, 09:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 22nd, 2003 - 1:08 am
By the way, Xicalamuca .... is May better for climate than the (earlier) forecasted June ???
NOOO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; May are usualy very, very hot

Last May, i remeber very well of temperatures of 36ºC in Madrid Then June is a little more calm, and them came the hotness of July and August

And the wedding is at noon, realy hot time in a city like Madrid. So, let just hope that the May of 2004 don&#39;t be equal to the May of the recent years :P Or the guests and public will have a very hard time
Old 11-21-2003, 09:32 PM
Royal Highness

oh .... :) ... so the goal is to minimize the number of foreign visitors ?
Old 11-21-2003, 09:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 22nd, 2003 - 1:32 am
oh .... :) ... so the goal is to minimize the number of foreign visitors ?
:P

Let&#39;s see if they can fill the space to 3000 guests of the La Almudena Cathedral But people that knows Spain, knows wath will be exceting them And definitly will be alot of foreign guests

And don&#39;t worry about the public, they are spaniards enough to fill the streets B)
Old 11-21-2003, 09:38 PM
Royal Highness

Is La Almudena cathedral cool in the middle of the summer day ?
Old 11-21-2003, 09:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 22nd, 2003 - 1:38 am
Is La Almudena cathedral cool in the middle of the summer day ?
I belive that "La Almudena" has a wonderful air condition system, as many cathedrals in Spain . I rember of people that visited Madrid in the summer say that was wonderful be inside of the cathedral, very refreshing B)
Old 11-21-2003, 09:43 PM
Gentry

i think that frederik and mary will attend the wedding because fred and felipe might have a very close friendship. i&#39;m not too sure how close they are but i assume they should be close and probably that also explains why their wedding date is just 1 week apart &#33;&#33; they both think alike &#33;&#33;

by the way, was it felipe that introduced frederik to mary in the pub ? if that&#39;s true, then i&#39;m sure fred and mary will be there.. we shall wait and see...
Old 11-22-2003, 01:32 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder why the May date was chosen? So close to Frederik and Mary&#39;s wedding date, which was announced before Felipe and Letizia&#39;s engagement. Better planning would&#39;ve applied here, I think. And also, because both Felipe and Frederik are Crown Princes, many royals will most likely attend. Kind of hectic for them to fly from Denmark to Spain. And it&#39;s not like these two countries are next door to each other; like if Frederik and Mary were to get married one weekend and Victoria and Person X the next weekend.

Ach, at least we know this board will be busy the month of May&#33;
Old 11-22-2003, 03:29 AM
Nobility

Am really surprised they&#39;re getting married in May - and so soon after Denmark&#39;s big day.

Wonder if Mary and Frederik will be there, or on their honeymoon?

:flower:
Old 11-22-2003, 04:42 AM
Courtier

Thanks Xicamacula for that interesting facts about the Cathedral&#33;
Here are few additional tidbits.

Madrid Cathedral is also known as La Almudena Cathedral..

It is in neo-gothic style and it has a Romanesque crypt. It is close to the Royal Palace.

The windows, the pictures... it all deserves a visit.

When I went to Spain for a vacation, together with some tourists we entered for the first time to the crypt. Here you can find many buried tombs. some of them very recent (I wonder how much they will pay in life to be buried there?)
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 11-22-2003, 04:43 AM
Courtier

Well, I am glad that their wedding date is already announced after weeks of expecting it. I am just fustrated for the date is very close to the wedding of Frederick and Mary. It&#39;s too close.
It would have been better if it was set like June or July so that we can focus on discussing about the Danish wedding first.Then after weeks of talking about Fred&#39;s wedding then here comes Felipe&#39;s wedding to be discussed. :) It&#39;s like after Fred&#39;s wedding we are still expecting something. But it&#39;s already there so I am happy for the two of them.

I hope that many royals would be attending it especially Frederick and Mary for they are friends with Felipe. They can maybe have few days of honeymoon then go to Spain and attend Felipe and Letizia&#39;s wedding. Then after it, they would go to another location for their 2nd honeymoon. :)

I hope it&#39;s like M-C and Pavlos&#39; wedding wherein a lot of royals gathered in London. I like it for I would see the latest fashion of the royals. Especially women&#33;

Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Closed Thread