Lord Nicholas Windsor and Paola Doimi de Frankopan: 4 November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

azile

Nobility
City
Vancouver
Country
Canada
Lord Nicholas Windsor and Paola Doimi de Frankopan were married in a civil ceremony on October 19, 2006 in a London Registry office.

Their religious ceremony will take place tomorrow, November 4, 2006, at the Church of Santo Stefano degli Abissini at the Vatican. This is the first British Royal wedding to take place at the Vatican in 400 years and has been awarded blessing from the Queen, who is reported to be delighted about the union.

A short biography of the bride and photo of the couple is hosted at Wikipedia under her new title, Lady Nicholas Windsor. Articles about the marriage can also be seen at The Universe The Times The Times(2) The Royalist and Science Daily and pictures of the couple are posted on the Glittering Events Message Board.

Congratulations to the couple! It seems that they have both encountered challenges during their lives and it is wonderful that they have found happiness together.

Azile

Last edited:
great photos! I can0t wait to tomorrow! ONly will asist te kent family or another member of the royal family?

Lord Nicholas looks great! Its so nice to see him happy considering some of his issues (depression if I am correct).

In regards to the wedding...I think Prince Charles migiht pop in (as he is just coming back from Pakistan)..but he is Nicholas godfather.

ETA: Correction. I have read that some senior members of the Royal Family will attend a Party/Reception for the couple sometime in June 2007. I believe it was The Royalist...and those members include the Queen and Prince Charles.

Last edited:
Any idea what time the wedding is to take place today?

Does anyone know if they are going to publish any pictures from the wedding?

Does any one know wheter the Duke of Kent will be attending the wedding? I know that the Queen wont attend, but what about other minor royals more closely related to him

Last edited by a moderator:
lady_windsor said:
Does anyone know if they are going to publish any pictures from the wedding?
I'm not sure, Lady_Windsor.

I have searched Getty Images but nothing is to be found so far.

I am sure that we will see a series of photos in Hello! in the next week or so, but it would be nice to see something sooner than that. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from the Stuarts in exile, possibly, does anyone know of a British royal wedding ever held in the Vatican (or in the vicinity of Rome under the auspices of the Pope)? I can't think of one.

who were bridesmaids? eloise or estella or lady amelia or lady marina?

Two photos are available on the Glittering Royal Events message board here.

I thouhgt that Paola use a tiara. On those photos - which aren't good, they doesn't look good. That's only my opinion.

Congrats to the newly-weds.

Last edited:
I am hoping those are bad pics..I try not to criticize on someone's wedding day...but what was with her hair?!

Hopefully, there will be much better photos released because these ones do not show a blushing, radiant bride!

I too was VERY surprised she wore a mantilla without any visible jewellry- perhaps she is saving the diamonds for the wedding party in London in January. Does anyone know- are there restrictions (beyond having shoulders covered) for brides at the Vatican?

he photos are great! the last kent single!!!!!! I hope we can see more pictures, especially in camera press

Well well well, not the most impressive bride I think (no offence intented)

Hey -

Where can I find photos? I have not seen any.

Thanks

There's a link in Azile's post 13.

Some of those page boys look a lot like Nicholas and his elder brother when they were children.

Good Heavens! Did her hairdresser get lost or forget to come?

I didn't notice immediately but you're right! There is quite a resemblance between Cassius & Columbus and their uncle Nicholas when he was about their age- here are two photos of him as page at Charles & Diana's wedding photo 1 photo 2

Elspeth said:
Some of those page boys look a lot like Nicholas and his elder brother when they were children.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but what's wrong with Paola's hair? :ermm: It's covered by a veil and you can hardly see it. From what I see of her and the dress, she looks very pretty. The only 'problem' I have with the first photo is that not everyone is looking at the camera (I know it's hard for kids, but still). Anyway, I love mantilla veils and hers looks really nice. I hope there will be some more photos soon. Congratulations to the couple!

corazon said:
he photos are great! the last kent single!!!!!! I hope we can see more pictures, especially in camera press

He is not the last single of the Kent-Line. Hos cousin's Lord Fredrick and Lady Gabriella are still not married or engaged.

Stefan said:
He is not the last single of the Kent-Line. Hos cousin's Lord Fredrick and Lady Gabriella are still not married or engaged.

And Marina Ogilvy, (Mowatt?) the daughter of Princess Alexandra is also no longer married.

Bride looks a little bit like a bird's nest but nice to see the Duchess of Kent out and about and smiling. I thought she'd forgotten how.

Paola looks terrible in that second pic, but Kate looks lovely.

Another photo of the wedding party has been issued and can be seen here on the Royal Wedding Message Board.

Still doesn't look good maybe more happy.

FINALLY! Some photos have been released that show a much happier couple! See them on the Royal Weddings Message Board here.

There is also a lovely photo of them at their pre-wedding ball here.

Back
Top Bottom