Lord Nicholas Windsor and Paola Doimi de Frankopan: 4 November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe it's nice dress, but there's smth in that which I don't like. Maybe it should has little longer train... Her hairdo still I think were terrible but the veil - nice. But maybe these are only not the best photos of the couple. That's only my opinion.

Her red dress was great.

Last edited:
I'm sure it was a very beautiful marriage. I do not consider her dress and hair that awful, she's a pretty woman who looks pretty normal in her wedding.
A marriage in Vatican is something very interesting:rolleyes:

ps: her pre-wedding ball dress is gorgeous.

Guests

The current Point de Vue (#3043) has coverage of the wedding/wedding ball.
The guest list was pretty impressive. Among those named or pictured are:

The Duke and Duchess of Kent
Earl of St Andrews
Lady Helen Taylor
Columbus Taylor
Cassius Taylor
The Duke and Duchess of Bragança
Prince Georg Friedrich, Head of the Imperial & Royal House of Prussia
Mariano Hugo, Fürst zu Windisch-Graetz and his wife Archduchess Sophie of Austria
Dowager Fürstin Maria Luisa zu Windisch-Graetz
Archduke Georg and Archduchess Eilika of Austria (neé Duchess of Oldenburg)
Archduke Edouard of Austria (Line of Hungary)
Prince Jean of Luxembourg
Princess Barbara of Yugoslavia (neé Liechtenstein)
Princess Hélène of Bavaria
Duke Konstantin of Oldenburg
Duchess Tatiana of Oldenburg
Prince ? and Princess Felicitas zu Lippe (-Weissenfeld?)
Prince & Duke and Princess & Duchess Henri d'Arenberg
Prince and Princess Tassilo von Metternich
Prince Alesandro Rospigliosi

Wow. What a guest list. But interestingly, Prince and Princess Michael didn't attent and neither did Princess Alexandra.

That is interesting his aunt and uncle did not attend.....hmm....

I thought Princess Michael would be there lapping it all up.

With her daughter too, now she's newly eligible...
No need to carry an Almanach de Gotha in one's handbag when there's an opportunity to meet them in the flesh. :D

If anyone is interested the current issue of Majesty magazine (with QEII on the cover) has pictures of the wedding. Some nice closeups of the bride and pics of Lady Helen and her boys.

Does anyone know what her royal connections are?

I recall the name "Frankopan" as a noble surname, from my computer game Crusader Kings, lol, and wonder if she is descended from a noble dynasty of that name.

Does anyone know what her royal connections are?

I recall the name "Frankopan" as a noble surname, from my computer game Crusader Kings, lol, and wonder if she is descended from a noble dynasty of that name.

The Frankopan family, also known as de Frangipanibus or Frangipane in Italian, was one of the most important families in Croatia. Their received the title of Count, than Prince of Veglia and during a period (ca 1400) they were rulers of almost all Croatia. I met in the uk a Princess Doimi de Frankopan, who probably is a relative of the future wife of Lord George, but I do not have more informations.

She doesn't have anything to do with the Frankopans except the name...

She is indeed from a very old noble,but untitled family,Doimi di DeLupis...

Her father was a member of Croatia's noble assembly but was thrown out because he assumed all the family names he added to his own...

One other member of this assembly said:"Is it just not enough to be a Doimi di De Lupis?"

This signification was made upon the status that this family alone had...

So,Paola was born just as a noble person,not a titled on:princess or a Countess...

Oy, I clicked on links in the thread and they said 'file not found.' Not fair! Especially after the comments about the bride's hair and dress. I want to see what she looked like!

:previous:
Me too. I just saw them at the Prince of Prussia's wedding. Don't recall seeing anything about their wedding so I came here. :sad:

Anymore pictures? The dress looked nice enough from the one picture I saw of it.

The article for Vogue is so gracious and charming I like her even more now thank you

Lady Nicholas seems to be everything...elegant, scholarly, patrician yet unaffected and gracious.

She is also very lovely. I wish we read more about her.?

She indeed seems quite intelligent and down to earth. Well written piece, but then again she is a contributing editor to both Vogue and Tattler so comes with the job.

The sons of the queen's cousins have all chosen well in their spouses. Well educated, successful women.

From the article for Vogue, it was informative to learn Paola had originally told Nicholas that they would eat peacock like the ancient Romans. Instead they had pheasant.

From the article for Vogue, it was informative to learn Paola had originally told Nicholas that they would eat peacock like the ancient Romans. Instead they had pheasant.

That's horrible! :eek: Peacocks are the most beautiful large bird still around, to think of having it sacrificed just to put it on a wedding plate as a bride's wish? No, no and no Paola. That's some dark side I didn't expect from her.
Hope she didn't ask the Forum to be reopened with a couple of lions, too.

That's horrible! :eek: Peacocks are the most beautiful large bird still around, to think of having it sacrificed just to put it on a wedding plate as a bride's wish? No, no and no Paola. That's some dark side I didn't expect from her.
Hope she didn't ask the Forum to be reopened with a couple of lions, too.

Perhaps she was only going to use peahens - they tend to be duller and less interesting than peacocks. It's the boys who have all the really jazzy colours :)

Perhaps she was only going to use peahens - they tend to be duller and less interesting than peacocks. It's the boys who have all the really jazzy colours :)

Even so I still am horrified by her choices to put such a beautiful bird associated with royalty and mythology on a plate on every table.

:previous: I completely agree. Very disappointing to read that.

Did the groom's mother the Duchess of Kent not attend her son Nicholas's nuptials?

I don't recognize her in any of those photos

As a vegetarian I'm puzzled over the fact that apparently some animals are deemed immoral to eat because of their appearance.

Did the groom's mother the Duchess of Kent not attend her son Nicholas's nuptials?

I don't recognize her in any of those photos

she is in the second pic on the side of the groom next to probably Paola's father.

Back
Top Bottom