Lord Frederick Windsor and Miss Sophie Winkleman 12th September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't like the lace sleeves. They didn't seem to go with the dress. But I liked the rest of the dress. I don't know why Princess Michael had that pink thing on the side of her head. Her hair was styled very nicely, she didn't need that and it didn't match. Her necklace was gorgeous! And Prince Michael looked dashing.
I wish the couple all the best in their life together.

Thanks for all the links.... Congratulations to the couple!!!!!!
And a special mention for Lady Gabriella.... she is really beautiful and elegant ... PERFECT !!!!

I think the bride's dress and the mother of the groom's dress were a tad low cut. But I am puzzled by the variability of what the guests wore, IMO it seemed like they were going to different events, some more formal than others.

And I guess it's to be expected that so much attention would be paid to Princess Michael, she attracts it without having to do very much purposefully.

Wow she looked like a totally different person back then. Very different.

It is nice to see Lord and Lady Frederic Windsor looking happy. This is the main thing. I wish them all the best.
As for the hysterically negative media coverage, it is impossible to make mass media outlets stop reporting some cheap sensational articles, which are gulped down by the British public, who tend to come across as disgruntled.

That is definatley the Countess of Ulster. Lady Rose's shoes are hideous.

As for the hysterically negative media coverage, it is impossible to make mass media outlets stop reporting some cheap sensational articles, which are gulped down by the British public, who tend to come across as disgruntled.
I notice your use of the word hysterical when referring to anyone/thing British, so would point out for the people who do have problems with the English language, the actual meaning of the word. -
1. in a state of uncontrolled panic, anger, or excitement:
2. Informal wildly funny

:flowers:
--------------------
Gulped down by the British public, I have the temerity to ask on what you base this, surely not from reading the comments from the Mail readers?
--------------------------------
Health, Wealth and Happiness to the couple who were the stars on the day!

:previous:

Indeed, it looks like him! Sadly I found no other pic of this person...

I notice your use of the word hysterical when referring to anyone/thing British, so would point out for the people who do have problems with the English language, the actual meaning of the word. -
1. in a state of uncontrolled panic, anger, or excitement:
2. Informal wildly funny

:flowers:
--------------------
Gulped down by the British public, I have the temerity to ask on what you base this, surely not from reading the comments from the Mail readers?
... [snipped]
Thank you very much for the lesson. However, as a rule I check a meaning of particular word in the Longman Dictionary online. The first meaning of the word "hysterical" is unable to control your behaviour or emotions because you are very upset, afraid, excited etc. Reading the comments to the articles, which were submitted by the Forums members, I have come to conclusion that British mass media and British public are unable to control their emotions because of anger or frustration or general annoyance with various royals, who tend to lead a better existence because of their social status.
As for gulped down by the British public, I base my opinion of the public on conversations with my cousin, who used to reside in the UK. Articles I read in the Daily Mail are limited to those submitted by the Forum members.
I hope we are not veering off the topic too much.

With all due respect as someone who has more than just lived in Britain I would say that the British people are very calm, in fact if you are unlucky enough to be in an accident I hope that you are surrounded by cool calm British people. As far as dictionaries go I much prefer Oxford. I don´t want to go off topic but it is most unfair to use these words when talking about the British public especially if you are basing your claims on second, third or even more opinions and we know tabloids just want to sell as many copies as possible. What is more, if you look at the opinions submitted, you may find that most are from countries other than those in the British Isles.

Yes, as far as I know, this man is Sophie's father.

Princess Alexandra looks very elegant.:)

..... The first meaning of the word "hysterical" is unable to control your behaviour or emotions because you are very upset, afraid, excited etc. Reading the comments to the articles submitted by the Forums members, I came to conclusion that British mass media and British public are unable to control their emotions because of anger or frustration.
The definition is clearly different in the Cambridge or Oxford dictionaries or in general usage within the UK! We must be reading different forums/media, as I have rarely seen any posts or comments that would suggest an inability 'to control behaviour or emotions because the poster or press are very upset, afraid, excited etc'.:cool:
----------------------------------
A big thank you to everyone who has taken the time to post pictures and articles, it is much appreciated by this poster. :flowers:

Thanks for your information! :flowers:
In the end, a case of semantics has nothing to do with the thread. As noted by Zonk and other TRF members, the amount of venom spit at Lord Frederic and his mother by various media outlets and general public in the form of the comments to the articles published by the aforementioned mass media outlets is utterly ridiculous. That will be all... I believe.

Thank you very much for the new pictures, queenofthelight and Dierna23. :flowers:
Finally, a picture of Princess Alexandra! She looks lovely, as usual. :)

No she does not :ermm:. She is usually in a timeless way very beautiful, this is not a good picture that does her justice, she looks a bit like a dressed up bag lady to me.

Thank you very much for the new pictures, queenofthelight and Dierna23. :flowers:
Finally, a picture of Princess Alexandra! She looks lovely, as usual. :)

No she does not :ermm:. She is usually in a timeless way very beautiful, this is not a good picture that does her justice, she looks a bit like a dressed up bag lady to me.
The vocabulary used in presenting personal opinions in this thread is bordering on derogatory. Civilized discussions do not use terms as " bag lady", "vulgar" and so on about people who happen to wear something someone dislike.

This was a wedding where the bride - as most brides do - choose a gown that defined what she wanted for this blessed moment. The family members and guests chose outfits that suited them and the situation. To not agree with someones choice is perfectly fine but there are perfectly civilized ways of letting others partake of ones opinion.

i do not know why it is wrong to use a term as bag lady, but am sorry if it offended you:flowers:

The vocabulary used in presenting personal opinions in this thread is bordering on derogatory. Civilized discussions do not use terms as " bag lady", "vulgar" and so on about people who happen to wear something someone dislike.

This was a wedding where the bride - as most brides do - choose a gown that defined what she wanted for this blessed moment. The family members and guests chose outfits that suited them and the situation. To not agree with someones choice is perfectly fine but there are perfectly civilized ways of letting others partake of ones opinion.

At what age should a woman cover up? It's Princess Push-Up thrusting forward the ques

The Kents are probably my favorite royals and I wish there were more photos available of them.

I nearly fell off my chair reading this line from today's Daily Mail: "[Princess Michael] was all got-up like an old-fashioned plantation mistress from the Deep South, hitching up her petticoats to flee from the antebellum mansion that had become her prison and marry Big Sam in a cotton field."

The article is yet another swipe at the Kent's, which is too bad, but the writing is quite comical:

Daily Mail: At what age should a woman cover up? It's Princess Push-Up thrusting forward the question...

:previous:

Thats kind of ridiculous. I dislike such discussions about woman. And in fact, Marie-Christine looks very good for a woman of 64, she can afford it IMO to wear such a neckline - if it was a good choice for a wedding is another question. IF they compare her with a woman like Sophia Loren - she looks indeed vulgar and too old for such necklines in the meantime...

I would like to say in a perfectly civilized way that low necklines as worn by Princess Michael and her daughter-in-law are out of place in a religious ceremony. Many brides do wear wedding dresses that send out a very different message from the one that is basic to a church wedding, the religious side of marriage. Young women want to look beautifully dressed on their wedding day and not vulgar, sometimes it is the designers fault as the dresses would probably look perfectly beautiful in a ballroom.
Princess Michael´s dress is an example of this, at a ball she would have been beautiful, but it is also considered bad manners to try to outshine the bride, and she certainly did.

Back
Top Bottom