The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-03-2009, 03:57 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thank you for your informative post, Zonk. Is somebody able to scan some pics maybe?

Old 12-03-2009, 05:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
Prince and Princess Francesco Monacada (I have never heard of these people...are they Austrian royalty?).
I think you mean Prince and Princess Francesco Moncada di Paterno. They are not Austrian but powerful Italian (Sicilian ) noble/princely family.

Don Francesco Moncada dei Principi di Paterno was born in 1967 to Don Giovanni Moncada and Joan Whelan. He married Marina Caprotti in September of 2003 in London. They have two children (their first child was born in 2005 and the second son, Pietro, was born in April of 2008). Francesco (who is better known by his nickname ‘Chicco’) is a successful businessman; I believe he has something to do with importing cheese (a special sort of mozzarella) to Britain and supplies a lot of ‘it’ places like Claridge’s and Annabel’s. I know that he and Marina are good friends with Crown Prince Pavlos and Crown Princess Marie Chantal of Greece but I have no idea how they are connected to the Kents.

Francesco Moncada is not related to Salvador Moncada – the husband of Princess Marie-Esmeralda of Belgium.

Thank you very much for providing the additional information from Majesty, Zonk!

Old 12-03-2009, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Marsel thanks for the correction.

After I saw your post, I went back to the article and what I wrote is what is written, so it looks like it was a typo and the Majesty forget to add di Paterno.

And you are welcome! I don't believe we are allowed to scan the pictures. Copyright laws.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Aristocracy

Nice family photograph. Society News
Old 05-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Gentry

Sad to see such a low number of senior royals.
Congrats to the couple!
Old 07-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Commoner

She had the worst royal dress I ever see - uh it was horrible! Autumn Phillips out did her, her dress was beautiful!
Old 07-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthelight View Post
Princess Michael of Kent leaves Lady Annabel Goldsmith's house Ormeley Lodge en- route to the wedding of Lord Frederick Windsor and Sophie Winkleman at Hampton Court Palace in Richmond upon Thames, England.(12/09/2009).

http://i31.tinypic.com/6dzh2h.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/2gydp4o.jpg

Girls, here are a few photos of Lady Gabriella Windsor.

http://i28.tinypic.com/11ax153.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/dcd9if.jpg
The Kent ladies looked fantastic! Beautiful colours and jewels - P Michael's necklace in particular!

I agree, Sophie chose one of the ugliest and least appropriate (see the top part ) wedding dresses. I'm sorry, I can't look at that thing twice.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
The Kent ladies looked fantastic! Beautiful colours and jewels - P Michael's necklace in particular!

I agree, Sophie chose one of the ugliest and least appropriate (see the top part ) wedding dresses. I'm sorry, I can't look at that thing twice.
I agree M-C looked wonderful. The dress and the necklace were very special. Does anybody have any ideas to the provenance of the necklace?
Old 07-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I only know that she's wearing that necklace since the 1980s. But the origin? I'd like to know that as well.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
I only know that she's wearing that necklace since the 1980s. But the origin? I'd like to know that as well.
Now I'm even more curious: Could M-C have bought it back then or inherited it from Marina and decided to start wearing it in the 80s? How could we find out?
Old 07-23-2010, 09:27 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I don't know. I checked my pictures of Marina and she has never worn this necklace (but I'm pretty certain if she had owned such a piece she would have worn it). The only information I found in my book is that parts of the necklace can be worn as brooches/clips.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Heir Apparent

M-C inherited some jewels from the Duchess of Windsor. I'm not sure which ones are from that bequest; possibly this one.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post

I don't know. I checked my pictures of Marina and she has never worn this necklace (but I'm pretty certain if she had owned such a piece she would have worn it). The only information I found in my book is that parts of the necklace can be worn as brooches/clips.
Looking at the necklace, I too thought the clasps probably were brooches / hair clips that she, or a previous owner, had converted into a necklace.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:33 PM
Serene Highness

Hmm this wedding for such a minor royal was very nice, i wish we had access to pictures inside the chapel! I wish princess Michael had lent Sophie one of her 2 tiaras! The Festoon pearl & Diamond is so nice it would of looked lovely on Sophie. I also think the dress was nice in some parts but It was obvious the dress designer wasn't top notch. The cut looks horrible in the chest area but I mean Horrible, just take a look for yourself here. And the hoop they used under the dress was to big and the dress was not touching the floor seen here.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:46 AM
Heir Apparent

^ And these are exactly the reasons why I consider her wedding dress one of the worst of all times. Thanks for providing the 'evidence'!
Old 07-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
^ And these are exactly the reasons why I consider her wedding dress one of the worst of all times. Thanks for providing the 'evidence'!
I wouldn't say the worst this is definitely the worst. Her dress had a lot of potential but princess pushy is always getting in the way and this time she actually made it look bad. I wouldn't be surprised if she sabotaged her daughter in laws dress so she could look better.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:15 AM
Commoner

You should pick your words. Princess Michael of Kent would never do such a thing to the soul mate of her dearly beloved son.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTulip View Post
You should pick your words. Princess Michael of Kent would never do such a thing to the soul mate of her dearly beloved son.
Oh yes she would! And she did by not allowing her to wear one of her beautiful tiaras yet she wore some of her most sparkly beautiful jewels! Also her dress was extremely, extremely low cut not on accident I might add! Also she wore an evening gown where anyone knows weddings in the morning or afternoon a woman is suppose to wear a short dress. Only at white tie weddings does one wear gowns. She also chose the dress designer for her daughter in Law. I like Princess Michael, but what's true is true, she rightfully deserves the title Princess Pushy!
Old 07-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if she sabotaged her daughter in laws dress so she could look better.
That's an overstatement, if you ask me. If that was the case, then M-C should have sabotaged her daughter who looked stunning, too. Let's not go down that route.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Nobility

I agree. If there is any criticism to be had about this wedding, it is that Princess Michael appears to have wanted more media attention than the wedding actually received and there is no way that sabotaging a wedding dress would help her achieve this goal! The past 20 years have shown that she has a tendency toward things garish and over-the-top- we all knew she would show up to this wedding having pulled out all the stops for her fashion. I was not surprised in the least to see the bright pink flowers in her hair- this is simply who she is!! When Gabriella gets married, I fully expect to see something similar.