Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Any known European royals/nobles apart from:

-Prince Pavlos and Princess Chantal of Greece

-Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia

-Prince Johannes von Auersperg(cousin of Marie-Christine)

-Count Peter Szapary de Muraszombath, Szechysziget et Szapar
Notice what they have in common? All UNREIGNING ROYALS!

Old 09-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Administrator

Not sure what you mean by the reference? Are you suggesting that because Frederik is 31st in line to the British throne he could only warrant uncrowned royalty?

Perhaps the royals mentioned are truly friends of the family.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Well, Prince Michaels mother was a Princess of Greece, so the relations to this family may be still quite close, his aunt married Prince Paul of Yugoslavia... Its a coincidence that this are unreigning houses today. If Prince Michael would be first cousin of Prince Willem Alexander, maybe he would have attened as well.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Heir Apparent

As far as I understand, Prince and Princess Michael did what is usually done in such situations. The senior royals such as Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and Duke of Edinburg, Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall, Prince William, Prince Henry, etc. were formally invited, but the aforementioned individuals declined invitations because of their prior engagements. The other people in the wedding list attended the ceremony. So far it appears that the ceremony was private. Furthermore, it would be fair to say that non-reigning royalty is not inferior in any way to the reigning one.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Serene Highness

That's assuming that "major" Royals were invited which I doubt since none are closely related to the family. So on top of everything else we now have some posters blaming Princess M for the non-appearance of people who were unlikley to have been invited in the first place. You couldn't make it up! Lets blame her for third world poverty and global warming as well as I'm sure a link could be found if we thought hard enough.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
That's assuming that "major" Royals were invited which I doubt since none are closely related to the family. So on top of everything else we now have some posters blaming Princess M for the non-appearance of people who were unlikley to have been invited in the first place. You couldn't make it up! Lets blame her for third world poverty and global warming as well as I'm sure a link could be found if we thought hard enough.
I don't doubt that they were invited. Prince Charles is Fredericks godfather. All senior royals will have been invited. The didn't attend because of prior engagements. And to be quite honest I call Princess Eugenie a senior royal.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:13 AM
Administrator

Posts by those members who claim to know what Princess Michael thinks or "considers" have been removed as they have no relevance to the wedding thread.

Warren
TRF Administrator
Old 09-23-2009, 08:46 AM
Serene Highness

My post was in response to the post about major foreign royals not being there not the UK Royals and Prince Charles isn't Freddie Windsor's godfather.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

In noblesse and Royautés they wrote the amount of the wedding party was much more than expected .. they told about heavy security expenses..
Who paid this wedding ? the 2 families 50% .
Lady Annabel G. hosted one party because she was Lord F 's godmother , a good choice..
The announcement of selling family jewelry just after the wedding means that Lady Ella has to marry a heir with a lot of money ..
In Point de Vue of last week a funny article about the Kents.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
My post was in response to the post about major foreign royals not being there not the UK Royals and Prince Charles isn't Freddie Windsor's godfather.
... and major foreign royals are ..?
Old 09-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think the big disappointment about the wedding is unnecessary. Lord Frederick Windsor is 32th in line of succession, he is the son of the youngest child of the previous Duke of Kent. I doubt that we will see a "royal wedding" if Lord Nicholas Windsors son Albert will marry some day. Plus it was a private occassion and for that we have at least wonderful pictures of the wedding couple and some papparazzi-pics of the guests, and that should be it.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:02 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Celebrity Wedding Style…..Sophie Winkleman « Catwalk Creations Blog
Old 10-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Courtier

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/m...o_1480492c.jpg
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/m...1_1480496i.jpg
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/m...2_1480497i.jpg
Old 10-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Aristocracy

She looks gorgeous in the picture in the car!! Thanks for posting.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:16 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westminster View Post

She looks gorgeous in the picture in the car!! Thanks for posting.
Looks like a young Teri Hatcher in that pic!
Old 10-26-2009, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Princess Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis writes a very entertaining column called "The Princess Diaries" for the British magazine Finch's Quarterly Review.
In this link scroll down to the second item ("The September Issue"). It leads into her report of Lord Frederick's wedding, which she attended.

For starters, here's an opening section:

Over the weekend I was invited to a very old friend’s wedding, thankfully here in London. Weddings can be either lots of fun or very boring so I really try and be as selective as I can about which ones I attend. This wedding was a must because the groom and I go way back. When we were children both he and his sister would come to our summer house every year. Our summer house was always perfect mayhem with all these different kids piled together under the same roof.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm a bit late to this thread and these are the first photos I have seen of Lord Frederick's wedding. A few observations...

Why why why is the British press so mean and catty??! I know that Princess Michael is not the most popular member of "The Firm" but this poor woman simply cannot catch a break it seems. I do think she was showing too much cleavage, but she is a strikingly beautiful woman even now(one paper reported her age as 45, which made me howl with laughter!) If I was Sophie, the last thing I'd want to do is plan a wedding on this scale with such a limited budget...so thank goodness for Princess Michael and the generosity of her well-connected friends.

The bride's gown was stunning, if a bit daring. Again, too much cleavage for a Royal/Aristo wedding, but thank goodness her veil seems to be covering her shoulders as much as possible. She's a beautiful young woman.

Princess Eugenie is becoming very pretty, and Lady Gabriella is striking.

Lady Helen Taylor is still a real beauty.

Marie-Chantal looks great..her complexion tanned and youthful...but really. She is over forty and looks to be bra-less..I mean she is really SAGGING!!

I'm sure I'll have more comments as I go along.....
Old 11-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceS View Post
The Kents are probably my favorite royals and I wish there were more photos available of them.

I nearly fell off my chair reading this line from today's Daily Mail: "[Princess Michael] was all got-up like an old-fashioned plantation mistress from the Deep South, hitching up her petticoats to flee from the antebellum mansion that had become her prison and marry Big Sam in a cotton field."

The article is yet another swipe at the Kent's, which is too bad, but the writing is quite comical:

Daily Mail: At what age should a woman cover up? It's Princess Push-Up thrusting forward the question...

If you had not posted the article as proof, I would never have believed such a derogatory and nasty statement was printed about Princess Michael...but again...this IS the London Daily Mail so perhaps I would have.

Just way, way beyond the pale.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:33 AM
Nobility

I don't like the wedding dress but Sophie looks beautiful. The dress is probably meant to be that low cut but it reminds me of those once popular boob tubes that had a habit of sliding down your chest. It doesn't look quite right IMO.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Administrator

I just purchased the new issue of Majesty, and The Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor are on the cover. The article was written by Ingrid Seward and Joe Little and it provides previously unplublished photos (the couple with their little bridesmaids and several photos from inside the church).

Its an informative article. It confirms a lot attendance of a lot of the people already mentioned in the thread and confirms a couple of things (at least for me):

1) The Queen, the DoE, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall were NOT invited but it was not done as a insult. Apparently Freddie knew that they enjoyed their summer in Scotland and didn't want to pressure them;
2) All the Kent relatives were invited and attended with the exception of Marina Olgilvy who was invited but was unable to attend due to illness (which explains the lack of picture of her);
3) The Duke & Duchess of Gloucester were invited but had a previous engagement, but the Earl of Ulster and Lady Rose Gilman (and her husband) attended as we know;
4) There were TONS of Princess Michael Kent's relatives in attendance including her brothers and cousins (there is a lovely shot of the family including the Duke and Duchess of Kent and Princess Alexandra of Kent);
5) Some other royals who were in attendance (apologize in advance if this a duplicate): Princess Alexander Romanoff, Archduke Phillip Haspburg, Prince Phillip and Princess Isabelle of Liechtenstien, Prince and Princess Francesco Monacada (I have never heard of these people...are they Austrian royalty?).
6) This was very much a "family" style wedding in the sense that there were a lof of people who had a role in Freddie's life: his two nannies, his teachers and housemasters from Oxford. They don't mention anything personal about Sophie.
7) Both parents saw the newylweds off the next day at the airport. Which is a lovely thing to do IMO.

Well that's it. If you get a chance to purchase the magazine, I would encourage you to do so. There aren't a ton of pictures but they are nice nonethless. And if you are like me, and you like the Kents as a bonus there is also a nice article on the late Duke and Duchess of Kent's wedding. The first of a three part series on the Kents.