Lord Frederick Windsor and Miss Sophie Winkleman 12th September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That will be all... I believe.
Apparently not ...

Beneath a simple circlet of pearls, the soon-to-be Lady Sophie's lustrous, chocolate hair was teased into elegant, soft ringlets while her dainty feet were shod in...holy zeppelins, Batman!

What in the name of fully amphibious air cushions is that a-coming down the aisle?

Yes, the wedding festivities, held at Hampton Court Palace's 16th-century Chapel Royal, passed by without incident, ridicule or tart comment until Princess Michael of Kent turned up in all her magnificent, plunging glory

Read more: JAN MOIR: At what age should a woman cover up? It's Princess Push-Up thrusting forward the question... | Mail Online

I rather like Sophie's wedding dress but I would have liked to see a pic where you can see the train.

Oh well, another over-hyped, disappointing and very un-royal Windsor wedding over and done with, leaving little impression, few photographs and even less to remember. The bride wore a celebrity style OK Magazine inspired wedding dress with what appears to be an invisable train. Princess Michael looked like Princess Michael and the Duke and Duchess of Kent were actually seen at teh same venue together. Bring on the Swedish weddings and lets see how it should be done!

Apparently not ...

Beneath a simple circlet of pearls, the soon-to-be Lady Sophie's lustrous, chocolate hair was teased into elegant, soft ringlets while her dainty feet were shod in... [snipped]
The discussion about low necklines is tritely boring at this point in time. I know Princess Michael will be perceived negatively all the time no matter what she does. Granted, low necklines do not befit a church ceremony, but it is up to a particular lady to decide on this matter. The wedding took place. Lord and Lady Frederic Windsor are on their honeymoon, whereas Princess Michael returns to her usual life. That will be all for me.

I do love that necklace that Michael is wearing.
It was an all round wonderful wedding. The guests looked happy, as did the bride and groom most importantly. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don´t like Sophie´s dress. And what wear she in head, a tiara?

No she does not :ermm:. She is usually in a timeless way very beautiful, this is not a good picture that does her justice, she looks a bit like a dressed up bag lady to me.
Gosh your comment reg PAlexandra made me laugh at the end of a very stressful day, Thank you!:flowers: It's just what I thought

Not such terrific reporters at the DM, they missed the Duchess of Cornwall in their 'push-up' line-up

There has been some comment about the dresses of Princess Michael and the bride at the wedding, and in particular, about PM perhaps overshadowing the bride at the wedding. Whilst I am not fan of PM, I do think that she is perfectly entitled to dress in the way she did. Flamboyant maybe, but there was nothing vulgar about it. I also don't think that PMs dress was too low cut! PM being PM, was hardly ever going to be discretely dressed, was she?

Is anyone able to scan the pictures from Hello Magazine? Would really appreciate it. If not would anyone be able to get the Claudia Winkleman picture from rexfeatures slightly bigger?

Does anyone know anything more about Sophie's tiara?Is it new or an old family one?

Well considering it was a low key wedding I think it was nice. I didn't see anything wrong with the dress, personally I liked it......not my style exactly but it wasn't awful...did she break protocol or something?

Any known European royals/nobles apart from:

-Prince Pavlos and Princess Chantal of Greece

-Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia

-Prince Johannes von Auersperg(cousin of Marie-Christine)

-Count Peter Szapary de Muraszombath, Szechysziget et Szapar

I wish we had a guest list, it was said that Ernst-August of Hannover was invited but I have no clue if he attended. Btw, was Friedrich "Fred" Baron von Reibnitz there? He's Marie-Christines brother.

Any known European royals/nobles apart from:

-Prince Pavlos and Princess Chantal of Greece

-Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia

-Prince Johannes von Auersperg(cousin of Marie-Christine)

-Count Peter Szapary de Muraszombath, Szechysziget et Szapar

Notice what they have in common? All UNREIGNING ROYALS!

:previous:

Not sure what you mean by the reference? Are you suggesting that because Frederik is 31st in line to the British throne he could only warrant uncrowned royalty?

Perhaps the royals mentioned are truly friends of the family.

Well, Prince Michaels mother was a Princess of Greece, so the relations to this family may be still quite close, his aunt married Prince Paul of Yugoslavia... Its a coincidence that this are unreigning houses today. If Prince Michael would be first cousin of Prince Willem Alexander, maybe he would have attened as well.

As far as I understand, Prince and Princess Michael did what is usually done in such situations. The senior royals such as Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and Duke of Edinburg, Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall, Prince William, Prince Henry, etc. were formally invited, but the aforementioned individuals declined invitations because of their prior engagements. The other people in the wedding list attended the ceremony. So far it appears that the ceremony was private. Furthermore, it would be fair to say that non-reigning royalty is not inferior in any way to the reigning one.

That's assuming that "major" Royals were invited which I doubt since none are closely related to the family. So on top of everything else we now have some posters blaming Princess M for the non-appearance of people who were unlikley to have been invited in the first place. You couldn't make it up! Lets blame her for third world poverty and global warming as well as I'm sure a link could be found if we thought hard enough.

That's assuming that "major" Royals were invited which I doubt since none are closely related to the family. So on top of everything else we now have some posters blaming Princess M for the non-appearance of people who were unlikley to have been invited in the first place. You couldn't make it up! Lets blame her for third world poverty and global warming as well as I'm sure a link could be found if we thought hard enough.

I don't doubt that they were invited. Prince Charles is Fredericks godfather. All senior royals will have been invited. The didn't attend because of prior engagements. And to be quite honest I call Princess Eugenie a senior royal. :)

Posts by those members who claim to know what Princess Michael thinks or "considers" have been removed as they have no relevance to the wedding thread.

Warren
TRF Administrator

My post was in response to the post about major foreign royals not being there not the UK Royals and Prince Charles isn't Freddie Windsor's godfather.

In noblesse and Royautés they wrote the amount of the wedding party was much more than expected .. they told about heavy security expenses..
Who paid this wedding ? the 2 families 50% .
Lady Annabel G. hosted one party because she was Lord F 's godmother , a good choice..
The announcement of selling family jewelry just after the wedding means that Lady Ella has to marry a heir with a lot of money ..
In Point de Vue of last week a funny article about the Kents.

My post was in response to the post about major foreign royals not being there not the UK Royals and Prince Charles isn't Freddie Windsor's godfather.
... and major foreign royals are ..?

Back
Top Bottom